//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Mystery NOS switch

Donzi26zx is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

Mystery NOS switch

Does anyone know what this switch belongs to?

This was from Mike at Vintage a while back.

Yea Im not sure what it goes too, your right i have never seen a translucent harness cover like that on any atc, Honda is pretty resourcefull about using the same design switch on multiple bikes , it may possibly even fit something like a fatcat or a trail bike from the late 80s era . and OC is correct adam used to modify switches all the time and sell them as different part numbers and these parts were originally his so it could be from anything we know its from a bike with a single light, no electric start and no remote choke thats about all i got ..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3543.jpg   IMG_3541.jpg   IMG_3539.jpg   IMG_3542.jpg   IMG_3507.jpg  

--
    That end for the headlight screams 1986 ATC200X.

Switch itself may be a china copy, I wouldn't think Mike would ever use those though.

I can double check in a few hours....
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    No, it is defiantly not a knock off, he was saying that Adam used to modify switches all the time. I have had it for years and was hoping that someone could finally shed some light on it.
    Thanks

--
    looks like two of the wires are the kill switch....green/w and black/w, wires under the boot are for the accessory speedo that was offered(it was backlighted and might have hi-beam indicator), the 3 pin connector would be for the lighting and ground. But the bullet near the 3 pin, is where the "hot" for the kill is connected.

--
    That is 75% ATC200X 1986/87. I checked it versus my NOS switch; However, those 3 butt connectors at the bottom of your 1st photo are not on mine.

Could they have been made for a tether??

The rest is dead on like mine....

It took twenty minutes to find, but I ended up finding parts I forgot about so it was well worth it
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    I may be wrong but i think its a 87 trx250x switch???
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	34 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	240030

Shep
    Last edited by Shep1970; 02-24-2017 at 07:39 PM.

--
    Looks like it is, anyone have one to compare?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep1970 View Post

Shep
    Are those still available

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep1970 View Post

Shep
    Yeah I agree I have a 87 250x and that's exactly the switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Thanks for everyone's help I appreciate it. Mystery solved!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //