//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ESR And LED Feedback

--

ESR And LED Feedback

Im about to assemble my project R after years of down time. My motor is the last piece to the puzzle. After numerous calls, voicemails, and emails, I've given up on ESR. It was a couple simple questions before I placed my online order. Nothing. No response ever. I will pay more money else where if your customer service sucks. Mind you I'm dropping well over 2k here. As a business owner customer service is important to me. So unless something legitimate happend to ESR, I'd advice doing business with them. And yes, it's been more than two days. It's been about three weeks. On to LED. First couple emails, response was quick and Arlan was very helpful. Last email, questions regarding a big order, nothing. About a week and two emails later. Do these companies not want to make money? A simple yes or no email works for me. Or a "call the shop" even.

--
    Try contacting BDT . I had great communication with them when I sent them my 85 250r cases to be repaired.
    250r rules

--
    They're new to me because I've been out of the loop for years, but I do keep hearing good things about them. If LED doesn't want my money it's down to them or CT I guess.

--
    I wouldn't give up on LED. I've called Arlan several times over the past two years and he has always been very generous with his time, even though I know he has got better things to do than have extended conversations on the phone. You have to remember LED is only a two man show, so they might miss an email or call now and then because they are working in the shop. Lastly, you're not going to find many builders with more experience with the 250R engine than Arlan. Alan at CT has a lot of experience too, but he's no longer focused on the 250R. I have less experience with Eddie but when I called about his ATC5 pipe about 2 months ago he answered the phone, although I have read about others having a hard time getting in touch with him. That's too bad because he does specialize in the R. By the way, Arlan sells Eddie's cylinders, cases, etc. He will take Eddie's cylinder and port it according to his own specs. They are less expensive than the CP cylinders. Finally, you might consider Duncan Racing's PC2000 cylinder. I've got Duncan's 340 and it is a high quality cylinder. They also have good customer service.

arlaunch is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I have dealt with LED in the past. I can tell you that they are to busy to spend hours and hours emailing and then have you turn around and take your business someplace else.

They do good work. And will move through $2000 very quickly. If you choose them, i would call Arlan and commit to getting things moving on the spot.

All these shops are good: CT - ESR - LED - BDT - FTZ - Duncan etc. You will find that the fellas at all these places have had their time wasted extensively by people who want to talk and dream of motor builds, but never actually follow through. Once they sense that the party stops.
    Last edited by arlaunch; 02-28-2017 at 02:51 AM.

1984 Honda Big Red ATC 200ES (Emma)
    1985 Honda 200X ATC (Pretty Boy)
    1985 Honda 250R ATC (Dr. Fast)
    1985 Honda 250R ATC ( 77 )
    1985 Honda 250R ATC (Baller)
    1986 Honda 350X ATC (Go Go Girl)

Feed Back: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-arlaunch

--
    I'm well aware how things operate. Im aware these are small shops. I'm also well aware how to communicate with people how to not get flagged as just another retard wasting someone's time. ESR has lost my business for good. Don't offer contact info if you can't handle calling or emailing your customers back. Especially if you offer tech advise. I haven't given up on LED yet. As I stated, Arlen was great at first. Then I asked to put an order together. Then nothing. I know how busy he is. I follow him on FB. It's just odd when I'm ready to make an order he disappears.

--
    Small specialty shops, this kind of things happens. I had nothing but a good experience with ESR. I did a big order for my big bore with all of the associated bolt-ons, and also had a good experience when I upgraded my carb. I'm not saying to avoid the other good shops mentioned above, just sharing that I had a good buying experience with Eddie. It's tax return season, I would bet dollars to donuts that all of these shops get quite a few more inquiries by phone and email this time of year.
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

arlaunch is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by 2strokes4life View Post
    I'm well aware how things operate. Im aware these are small shops. I'm also well aware how to communicate with people how to not get flagged as just another retard wasting someone's time. ESR has lost my business for good. Don't offer contact info if you can't handle calling or emailing your customers back. Especially if you offer tech advise. I haven't given up on LED yet. As I stated, Arlen was great at first. Then I asked to put an order together. Then nothing. I know how busy he is. I follow him on FB. It's just odd when I'm ready to make an order he disappears.
    Well....

Maybe i should wait then. My wife just offered to buy me a LED custom pipe for my B-day.

I am very exited about this.

1984 Honda Big Red ATC 200ES (Emma)
    1985 Honda 200X ATC (Pretty Boy)
    1985 Honda 250R ATC (Dr. Fast)
    1985 Honda 250R ATC ( 77 )
    1985 Honda 250R ATC (Baller)
    1986 Honda 350X ATC (Go Go Girl)

Feed Back: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-arlaunch

--
    Custom pipe from LED was my first inquiry. That's when my emails were answered.

--
    dont call ESR. they are very nice and easy to work with but the best way to contact them is by email...i get a response very quick...but for some reason cant get them on the phone
    current rides
    82' ATC110
    85' ATC310R
    85' ATC250R
    85' ATC250ES
    16' brute force 750

--
    BDT deals alot with 250R motors. I've seen just a couple of Tecate cylinders there, and maybe 3 or 4 CR500's. All the rest is pure 250R's. They know the 250r engines very well, but they are not cheap.
    YAMAHA 450 HYBRID
    85 350X- RED
    85 350x -BLACK
    86 350x-WHITE (with Goki)
    85 250r
    83 atc 70
    84 atc 70
    84 atc 110
    09 yfz 450
    2006 Arctic Cat Prowler
    RZR XP 900

--
    Quote Originally Posted by threewheelin-feelin View Post
    dont call ESR. they are very nice and easy to work with but the best way to contact them is by email...i get a response very quick...but for some reason cant get them on the phone
    Last I knew, Eddie is the only one working the business now. Tom left for whatever reason a couple of years ago and I haven't heard whether or not he has been replaced.
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

--
    Just call Arlan at LED... when I drop by the shop we always talk for 1-2hrs about 250R's and all the projects he has going.
    In between those talks he's answering phone, Emails etc..

ESR I will always support, only guy still investing on the ATC / TRX 250R. With out ESR we have no cases.
    If you have Bought a item from me, Please leave me feedback
    If your buying a item from me check my feedback
    Click on link ~ http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ceaserthethird

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ceaserthethird View Post
    Just call Arlan at LED... when I drop by the shop we always talk for 1-2hrs about 250R's and all the projects he has going.
    In between those talks he's answering phone, Emails etc..

ESR I will always support, only guy still investing on the ATC / TRX 250R. With out ESR we have no cases.
    I was just visiting Portland and considered going to LED to see Arlan's operation. I decided against it, though, because I didn't think he had a "stop by" shop. Maybe I will next time, although I'll keep the time to a minimum because I know he has work to do.

--
    Every time I go in or call Arlen (LED Motorsports) he talks my ear off!! I vote LED but I'm biased and have had nothing but great experiences with him and his shop.
    1985 250r-LED Performance 4mm Stroker motor
    1978 ATC70 w/ Piranha 140cc
    1972 - K1 - CT70 w/lifan 125cc
    2017 YZ 250x- Braap

Youtube channel = http://www.youtube.com/user/ter5678/videos

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //