//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lug Nuts on Douglas Rims

Popeye is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Lug Nuts on Douglas Rims

I just bought a pair of douglas rear rims for my auto x build. They not in yet, but just wondering if they take the tapered lug nuts or the flat. I have stock 85 200x hubs.

Thanks
    1984 Honda ATC 300r (Project Trike)
    1981 Honda ATC 200 (Daily Rider/Hunting Trike)

--
    As far as I know Douglas doesn't make a rim with tapered inserts anymore. ITP does, it is their A6 Pro Series GP.

Popeye is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Thanks man
    1984 Honda ATC 300r (Project Trike)
    1981 Honda ATC 200 (Daily Rider/Hunting Trike)

--
    Don't forget that OEM wheels are super strong.

I'd take a set of them, (and they do pop up on EBAY from time to time; Many rims fit many vehicles), over aftermarket any day.

There was a gold rim I was using on my 350X. One had an edge to it, and the other was rolled to maybe a 10mm wide rolled face. They were super strong...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    You can get non-tapered flange lugnuts from Rocky Mountain ATV too if you end up with rims that don't have tapered holes. I'm with DC, there are some good AM rims out there, but a good set of OEM are hard to beat too. I think the tapered automotive style lugs are inherently a tougher design.
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

--
    A little while back, I bought a set of lug nuts on Ebay from a guy who goes by the name of xcbob. They're the flat, shouldered type, but they come with cone inserts so they can be used with either type of rim. $9.95 + $3.39 shipping. I haven't tried them yet, but they're going on my 350x.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    All you need are 8 metric flange nuts. You can get them at any decent hardware store.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    All you need are 8 metric flange nuts. You can get them at any decent hardware store.
    True true.. just get them with a smooth flange. Textured flanges, the type designed to have locking ability will chew on your rims every time to remove and replace them. Bought a set of textured flange nuts for a chainsaw bar nuts once and couldnt believe how fast they started to chew up the magnesium clutch cover
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

--
    Just turn your stock nuts around. That's all we ever did.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    I use nylock nuts with a washer to help prevent damage to the aluminum rim.
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    I use nylock nuts with a washer to help prevent damage to the aluminum rim.
    You are using nylon washers too? Seems ok if you keep them tight.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Steel washer
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    A little while back, I bought a set of lug nuts on Ebay from a guy who goes by the name of xcbob. They're the flat, shouldered type, but they come with cone inserts so they can be used with either type of rim. $9.95 + $3.39 shipping. I haven't tried them yet, but they're going on my 350x.
    So the inserts from xcbob would work on a stock Honda rim that is missing the original insert?
    Seems like HONDA doesn't offer that piece to rims separately? If I am wrong someone please post the part number for a stock 400ex Rim

Here is a link to the auction where pic is from... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tapered-Lug-...gAAOSwpDdU211G

--
    I don't know about the missing Honda insert. They would work with rims that either take flat or tapered lug nuts. Here's what I bought them for. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	240271These are supposed to be stock 400ex take off rims. They use the flat type of lug nut. You can see that they have been mounted, but they still look almost new. I think they'll make the back of my 350x look better.

--
    They are ITP rims,not Honda,and they are most certainly used. Turn your stock nuts around and ride. Recheck them after a few rides until you are confident they aren't going anywhere..
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //