//ArrowChat Code

Thread: anybody got an xr650l?

--

anybody got an xr650l?

I'm an avid 3wheeler guy but just as much as dirt bikes as well . anyway I just purchased a 2017 xr650l and wondered why I never got into this sooner. Really I'm just posting this to find some avid dual sporters to chat with at trike fest,and talk about some good back roads of ohio ,pa and even maybe wv.

--
    Hey Schlepp! I bought a new one back in 08. I put roughly 10,000 miles on it, probably 8,000 of which were off road miles. I still have it but it is no longer a 2 wheeler. It was one of the best bikes I have ever owned. You'll need to do a few things to it - start by doing the ""Dave's Carb Mod" - this will help with power and fix the "lean condition" you have. I have a new bike on order from Honda, and will hopefully have it by the end of the month. I am all for Dual Sporting. we should try to ride this summer some time. If nothing else, at TF.

Link to the mod:

https://4strokes.com/viewtopic.php?t=2

Also - VERY VERY important. When the stock sprockets wear out - DO NOT, I repeat - DO NOT use aftermarket front sprockets. The output shaft is softer than the alloy used by aftermarket manufacturers and it will wear out the splines. the proper thing to do is to get the XR650R front sprocket from Honda. It is the correct alloy, and has about twice the "seat" as the 650L sprocket.
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

--
    I'm in! We are definitely gonna dual sport. If you want you can private message me your number and I'll make sure it will happen! And I would also like to talk alot about setup and fuel milage etc. Tell your brother I said hi

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //