//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: DG RCM1 exhaust mod for 350X

--
    Quote Originally Posted by shindig View Post
    Ok, so the c ring holds everything in. I thought it was maybe the small screw at the bottom. After you drilled out the rivets, looks like you put new rivets in? Guess I'll have to stop at the hardware store and pick up a pop rivet gun..lol. Never needed one before, but you never know.

Kevin
    All of it does, the screw sets it and the c ring hold the can, the rivets also help ,can’t pull it out while they exist. Make sure you buy a large pop riveter , those are 1/4”. I got a cheap one at harbor freight for this project , was like 19$ and came with a bunch of rivets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

--
    Hey Shawn, finally got the DG apart. Here are the pics. So I cleaned up the mesh thingamagig and it looks like I don't need to cut my quiet core, it drops right in. Next I place the spark arrestor on top. Did you bolt yours down or back bolt everything including the turn down? Messing with this when I should be resting since I have a cold, but I'm sick of doing nothing...lol.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0853.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	743.2 KB 
ID:	249740

Name:	IMG_0855.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	766.7 KB 
ID:	249741

Name:	IMG_0856.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	736.1 KB 
ID:	249742

Name:	IMG_0857.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	736.2 KB 
ID:	249743
    Real men ride trikes!

--
    You don’t want the quiet core more than 1/3 of the way down the muffler. The hmf this is made for is much longer than the dg. You want it to hit and create pressure to push it into the new packing to muffle the sound.
    And I just drilled some holes and used some stainless hardware and nylock nuts. But yeah your on the right path.

--
    Well finally got this done, thanks for your help Shawn. I had to go with a Supertrapp end cap, the HMF turndown was too wide for my DG. I had to put the spark arrestor on the back, I know you mentioned it was supposed to be forward, but it wasn't working with the type of endcap I had. Also wrapped the header with ceramic heat wrap, painted the wrap with hi heat silicone paint and installed a universal heat guard. It's "slightly" quieter, but oh well, I haven't messed with it much since installing. Few pics!

Name:	IMG_0863.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	670.7 KB 
ID:	250192

Name:	IMG_0866.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	628.0 KB 
ID:	250193
    Real men ride trikes!

--
    Looks good. Maybe my pipe is larger diameter because I have the aluminum model? I did the same to my header, heat wrap and shield. I did not paint it though...... give an update to how it lasts after riding. Cause mines looks not so beautiful anymore. That’s a great looking trike.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Powell View Post
    Looks good. Maybe my pipe is larger diameter because I have the aluminum model? I did the same to my header, heat wrap and shield. I did not paint it though...... give an update to how it lasts after riding. Cause mines looks not so beautiful anymore. That’s a great looking trike.

Thanks, it doesn't get ridden much.
    Real men ride trikes!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by shindig View Post
    Well finally got this done, thanks for your help Shawn. I had to go with a Supertrapp end cap, the HMF turndown was too wide for my DG. I had to put the spark arrestor on the back, I know you mentioned it was supposed to be forward, but it wasn't working with the type of endcap I had. Also wrapped the header with ceramic heat wrap, painted the wrap with hi heat silicone paint and installed a universal heat guard. It's "slightly" quieter, but oh well, I haven't messed with it much since installing. Few pics!

Name:	IMG_0863.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	670.7 KB 
ID:	250192

Name:	IMG_0866.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	628.0 KB 
ID:	250193
    Waking up a 4 year old thread here but I found this to be a super helpful way in making the DG quiet for low cost. I ran into the same problem with the HMF end cap being "too big" for the DG but I think the actual problem is they sell 2 models of the HMF end cap a 3 bolt and a 4 bolt. If you buy the 4 bolt it will be too big as it's a bigger version. The 3 bolt should fit just like the OPs. (Looks like from the pics he's using the 3 bolt) I have one ordered so I will update if that's in fact the case and it fits just for future reference.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //