//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: DG RCM1 exhaust mod for 350X

--

DG RCM1 exhaust mod for 350X

I did this on a 350x system. My DG was bought new and is way too loud and seemed to have zero back pressure killing bottom end. So purchased a turn down and quiet core for a HMF muffler. Took my DG apart , repacked it with FMF 4 stroke packing (much heavier) cut the HMF core in half(was way to long for the DG ) and installed it in between my DG can and the HMF turn down. Takes the outlet diameter from 1 5/8" to 1 3/8". This dropped my decibel reading from 104 db to 93. Also greatly improved my bottom and midrange. Still sound great looks nice and runs better. Don't know if anyone is interested but I like it. Runs better than my supertrapp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ranvier is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Hey that's a sweet setup. There so few options for the 350X and the DG is annoyingly loud.

--
    I'd say that you did great! 93 db is WAY better than 104! I have a friend who bought a 2002 Raptor with a White Bros. exhaust a few years back. The first time I rode it, I told him to dig a deep hole and bury that POS exhaust! It was very loud. I can't stand the sound of an extremely loud four stroke. Maybe that's why I don't ride a Harley.

--
    Thanks. Yeah the noise alone was worth the extra few bucks for the tip and core. But it also runs better. Hard to tell if it affected top end. I doubt it it's a mild motor. But mid range WAY better. The DG is just terrible loud. I might custom build one this summer once it's too hot to ride every weekend. But I might not now.

--
    Nice. I need something similar for my 200x. The DG exhaust is too loud and not sure what to do. I hate even kicking it over at home, because I feel like I'm going to annoy my neighbors. Do you have detail instructions of how you did this?
    Real men ride trikes!

Ranvier is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    You have any pictures of the process? I have dgs sitting as I went back to stock

--
    Quote Originally Posted by shindig View Post
    Nice. I need something similar for my 200x. The DG exhaust is too loud and not sure what to do. I hate even kicking it over at home, because I feel like I'm going to annoy my neighbors. Do you have detail instructions of how you did this?
    I didn't take pictures but I can walk you through it. I'm out of town this weekend but let me get home and I'll add some pics and better directions to the post.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Powell View Post
    I didn't take pictures but I can walk you through it. I'm out of town this weekend but let me get home and I'll add some pics and better directions to the post.

Thank you Shawn. Love those 350x's. My younger bro has an 86 he restored. Still the hardest bikes to kick over...lol. Here's his from last Fall at Finger Lakes ATV park, before it got caked in mud

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0718.JPG 
Views:	135 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	240382Click image for larger version. 

ID:	240382
    Real men ride trikes!

--
    Here's a pic of my DG exhaust, I bought it less than a year ago, before had a Cobra, which was even louder. I don't see how to take it apart?

Name:	IMG_0756.JPG 
Views:	232 
Size:	601.0 KB 
ID:	240394
    Real men ride trikes!

--
    Thank you Shawn. Love those 350x's. My younger bro has an 86 he restored. Still the hardest bikes to kick over...lol. Here's his from last Fall at Finger Lakes ATV park, before it got caked in mud

ID:	240382Click image for larger version. 

ID:	240382
    There's a trick for the 350. Unfortunately every bike has its own trick haha. Mines nice and easy now. Slowly all the way down up 4 clicks and jump it.

--
    Here's a pic of my DG exhaust, I bought it less than a year ago, before had a Cobra, which was even louder. I don't see how to take it apart?

Name:	IMG_0756.JPG 
Views:	232 
Size:	601.0 KB 
ID:	240394
    You have to drill out those rivets that hold the DG plate on. Then there's a snap ring that holds the can inside the housing. I used a very small flat screwdriver to kinda pry it out and grabbed it with some needle nose pliers. Then mine has a large Phillips machine screw on the bottom. Remove all that and the inner tube and packing will come out.

--
    Thanks again Shawn. If you decide to do a write up and parts needed, I will have some Kansas City BBQ delivered to you. I am completely serious. Great job innovating and not just accepting that your exhaust will be loud and live with it. Kudos!

Kevin
    Real men ride trikes!

--
    Thanks again Shawn. If you decide to do a write up and parts needed, I will have some Kansas City BBQ delivered to you. I am completely serious. Great job innovating and not just accepting that your exhaust will be loud and live with it. Kudos!

Kevin
    I'll show mine when I get home this week. Also I have a 5 $ spark arrestor mod for that pipe at the same time. Need them here in California.

--
    You actually need a spark arrestor a lot of places. Every national park that I've been requires them. That's why I like to put one on in the first place if I can.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    You actually need a spark arrestor a lot of places. Every national park that I've been requires them. That's why I like to put one on in the first place if I can.
    Go to Home Depot and buy a stainless steel sink strainer. 3-4$ and when I post up pictures on the mod I'll show you how I did it.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //