//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Sickle bar mower

--

Sickle bar mower

I am in need of replacement parts for a JARI monarch mower. Not interested in spending $340 on a set of tire/rims. Does anyone know of other equipment that used a 16x2 solid rubber tire?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0179.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	2.51 MB 
ID:	240375Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0181.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	2.37 MB 
ID:	240376

Could probably continue to run these tires if I used an adhesive to fill the dry rot cracks but finding a source for new ones would be awesome. Thanks in advance for any info on places that offer these style tires and rims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Here's a long shot. Would putting a cut to length, cogged serpentine belt upside down riveted to the rim work? Reaching here.
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

--
    Hard to find. I see some at tractor and engine shows I go to but don't have a source for new ones. Pic of the whole machine? I think I know exactly what one you have.

--

These mowers are pretty bulletproof

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Cool machine, restoring it or just using it as is? I was thinking if you wanted to protect the current rubber, stretch a kids bike tire over it and it can take the beating.
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

6bt is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Or even a couple old snowmobile belts, cut, flipped over and bolted/riveted on.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

--
    I gave a trashed and flat set of dry rotted woolyboogers to my friend; who cut the tread off and epoxied them to his son's bald Power Wheels plastic wheels. Actually worked really well, but I presume you want to keep the original look?
    Ragin' full on...

--
    Interesting how the top spindles drive the wheels like a gear. Maybe try these with some time w/a tire groover. Probably would have to rework center spindle/bearing though, and im sure the metal isn't as beefy.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	240476 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	240477

Shep

Ive got an attachment for an old gravely you may be interested in i'll post a pic shortly, just not sure if your machine has connection point for it. Here it is Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	240478
    Last edited by Shep1970; 03-06-2017 at 08:50 AM.

--
    I have one of these exact same machines. It has no engine. I put one on it shortly after I got it and it worked fine. The engine has since been removed for other projects as I have a better rough cut mower. The cogs on the wheels are somewhat worn. The small drive spindles seem to show more wear than the tires. Last I looked, there were no cracks or splits in the hard rubber. I see your in Conn. Not to terribly far from NY. I'd sell it for what I paid. $25. Been thinking of selling my trikes too. Two 110's, one runs, rough, the other is a parts machine. Also a 125M that runs well but sometimes jumps out of second gear. Let me know if your interested and I'll go out and have a closer look at it. It has been stored, covered, outside for awhile.

It was actually a smooth running machine but I would joke with friends about the name, Jari. It will Jari you all over the place when you run it.

--
    Forget the rust pile , I want to see the turning center or the red car (944?)u are hiding!
    Last edited by plastikosmd; 04-02-2017 at 11:32 AM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by plastikosmd View Post
    Forget the rust pile , I want to see the turning center or the red car (944?)u are hiding!
    Our company would be happy to sell you a German built Swiss lathe. We currently have a trade in 2012 36mm machine and a brand new 20mm Swiss.......For $160,000 someone can buy our 20mm lathe with a barfeeder, 4 port oil pump and a mist collector.

The 944 is an 86 non turbo that the boss man picked up to use when he visits from Germany

--
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelsforheels View Post
    I have one of these exact same machines. It has no engine. I put one on it shortly after I got it and it worked fine. The engine has since been removed for other projects as I have a better rough cut mower. The cogs on the wheels are somewhat worn. The small drive spindles seem to show more wear than the tires. Last I looked, there were no cracks or splits in the hard rubber. I see your in Conn. Not to terribly far from NY. I'd sell it for what I paid. $25. Been thinking of selling my trikes too. Two 110's, one runs, rough, the other is a parts machine. Also a 125M that runs well but sometimes jumps out of second gear. Let me know if your interested and I'll go out and have a closer look at it. It has been stored, covered, outside for awhile.
    It was actually a smooth running machine but I would joke with friends about the name, Jari. It will Jari you all over the place when you run it.

Thanks for that generous offer! I am certainly interested and do travel to NY on occasion

--
    Darn, thought they were your toys. I wish I had a job shop that needed such a lathe. What I do does not require cnc though I did just add a cnc mill to my shop

--
    Quote Originally Posted by sledcrazyinCT View Post
    Thanks for that generous offer! I am certainly interested and do travel to NY on occasion
    I'm generally around here at home. Just don't visit this site often. I don't like putting my phone # on the internet though. We would both have to be online at the same time. I'll post my #, then delete it 5 minutes later.

I love to see old things like this come back to life. I originally bought mine for mowing copious amounts of goldenrod on a steep hillside. Very stable machine for off camber applications. Just don't cut all that fast.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //