//ArrowChat Code
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Thread: My 1986 ATC250R Adventure

--
    Quote Originally Posted by yaegerb View Post
    Looks fantastic!!!! How does it run?
    Dude, I haven't done a full throttle plug chop run yet, but I jetted it exactly at the base jet #s and needle/air screw settings that you recommended to me. I stabbed the throttle repeatedly and it didn't hesitate, rpm's ran back down in 1-3 seconds like you said.

I bought the whole range of jets that you recommended, so I have them if I need them. Unless a plug chop shows otherwise, it feels spot on right now though.

I ran around the yard at very light throttle with 1st thru 3rd gear changes for five minutes and let it rest. Went for another ride and got into it a little more but never over 1/3 throttle and even that little pulled the front wheel up every time.

No kickbacks and it starts very easily in one or two kicks every time. Starts more reliably than my 200X did.

I let it rest after a total of 40 minutes of run time, ten minutes of that was in gear with me on it. I'm going to go over the motor tomorrow and check for loose things. I lost my countershaft sprocket bolt and washer in the yard somewhere.

EDIT: I'm pre-mixed at 32:1, btw

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ironchop; 09-29-2019 at 10:20 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    Dude, I haven't done a full throttle plug chop run yet, but I jetted it exactly at the base jet #s and needle/air screw settings that you recommended to me. I stabbed the throttle repeatedly and it didn't hesitate, rpm's ran back down in 1-3 seconds like you said.

I bought the whole range of jets that you recommended, so I have them if I need them. Unless a plug chop shows otherwise, it feels spot on right now though.

I ran around the yard at very light throttle with 1st thru 3rd gear changes for five minutes and let it rest. Went for another ride and got into it a little more but never over 1/3 throttle and even that little pulled the front wheel up every time.

No kickbacks and it starts very easily in one or two kicks every time. Starts more reliably than my 200X did.

I let it rest after a total of 40 minutes of run time, ten minutes of that was in gear with me on it. I'm going to go over the motor tomorrow and check for loose things. I lost my countershaft sprocket bolt and washer in the yard somewhere.

EDIT: I'm pre-mixed at 32:1, btw

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    Awesome. Sounds pretty good to me.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

Surprise AZ. In the garage working on trikes.
    --
    Looks fantastic!

Great to see this project finished

Thanks for the recognition

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //