//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: My 1986 ATC250R Adventure

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 83ATC185 View Post
    Yeah that doesn't look bad at all id run it all day !

How did you clock the petcock? Is there some easy way of doing that or is it more of a denial and error thing? Will it use the stock o ring?
    I power-tapped it close and then fine tuned by hand to get it right

It uses the stock o-ring. I made the flange an exact copy of the OEM unit for that reason

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    I like how your seat came out.

You should see the abortion I performed on the old 350 cover.

--
    No I haven't seen your tank yet but I have seen Mr. Cleans work so I have no doubt It's top notch. And give yourself some credit, you're doing a great job, I really am looking forward to seeing the finished product. This thing was beat and left for dead when I found it so good job on keeping another one alive.
    Tionesta Trikes ATC 450R
    86 250R
    86 Tecate-3
    83 ATC 70
    85 Big Red
    81 KLT 200
    85 250SX
    Tricky Dicks Cagiva WMX 200 sold
    Trikefest survivor 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
    My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...dback+eric250r

--
    I only got a little done yesterday. This radiator grill frame was cracked as they sometimes are so I dropped some weld across the crack carefully. Ignore the ugly bead, as our Tig machine is in another building being used currently so I used the mig machine which is hard to get adjusted right when the crack was only 1/4 inch long.

Grind and grind some more....

Ready for paint. More to come later. I couldn't inspect the frame for cracks until I got it completely stripped and we only have a blast cabinet at work that won't hold larger items so I bought a portable media blaster from Harbor Freight for $35 bux and I'm headed to Tractor Supply for some coal sand. Media blasting is not cheap around here as they want almost $100 to blast my frame. I need to reign in my spending a bit on this one so I may even paint my own frame pending quotes on materials and paint.

Jam out with your clam out.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric250R View Post
    No I haven't seen your tank yet but I have seen Mr. Cleans work so I have no doubt It's top notch. And give yourself some credit, you're doing a great job, I really am looking forward to seeing the finished product. This thing was beat and left for dead when I found it so good job on keeping another one alive.
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?t=179592

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    Tionesta Trikes ATC 450R
    86 250R
    86 Tecate-3
    83 ATC 70
    85 Big Red
    81 KLT 200
    85 250SX
    Tricky Dicks Cagiva WMX 200 sold
    Trikefest survivor 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
    My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...dback+eric250r

--
    I had a couple cracks in my radiator brackets aswell fixed the same way.
    250r rules

--
    Well the UPS guy showed up today and dropped off my birthday present from my wife. She's friggin awesome but that goes without saying.

Smells like teen spirit

I got two weeks to top this when it's her birthday. Wish me luck.

Surprise AZ. In the garage working on trikes.
    --
    AWESOME!!!! So glad to see another Kenny Roberts pipe being used on a build. Cannot wait for your ride report.

Well the UPS guy showed up today and dropped off my birthday present from my wife. She's friggin awesome but that goes without saying.

Smells like teen spirit

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    AWESOME!!!! So glad to see another Kenny Roberts pipe being used on a build. Cannot wait for your ride report.
    Yeah it's all your fault, Mike.

You used your powerful persuasion skills and talked me into running one on a relatively stock motor just to see what happens.

--
    Your going to have to shoot for the moon and then some to top that pipe. And your repair job on that swingarm is top notch, going to turn into a really cool build.
    Trikes Owned:
    1983 Honda 200x - Durablue Axle
    1986 Honda 250r - +2 westcoast
    1984 Honda ATC 70 - Piranha 140 swap
    1983 Honda 200e - Stepdads

--

Smells like teen spirit

Yummy! Glad everything worked out. Tell the wifey her birthday present is the initial ride of said beast.....after you get it tuned of course
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

Surprise AZ. In the garage working on trikes.
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by yaegerb View Post
    after you get it tuned of course
    One year you will need to come to the Invasion and watch Kenny tune a 250r after installing one of his pipes. His words, "keep it simple".

Just did it at the Invasion in February, slapped the pipe on a stock motor, cleaned my stock carb, needle in the stock setup and 1.5 turns on the air fuel and rode it all week with no further adjustments.

--
    Very impressive indeed. I have a couple more pipes in the works. The last set I will have him make will be
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Ok I've been waiting on parts to come in so I was blasting what I have that needs it and painting stuff.

I shot the rear hubs...

So then, this came in the mail. $35 for an 86 TRX 250R front master with "leaky sight glass"... Normally, I'd keep looking but once I learned you could get new sight glasses for cheap ($10 shipped) I'd been waiting for an opportunity to try to replace one.

I dug out the old plastic, picked out the o-ring, and popped the outer ring out of the master.....

Once I got the remnants out, I started cleaning the window hole...

I like my masters in natural aluminum finish so I dipped in acetone to clean the goo out and to lift the paint that the leaking brake fluid didn't already peel...

Scrub a dub dub my master in a tub

New sight window and oring....Also came with two extra lid screws for some reason

Cleaned all the corrosion out and it's like a whole new master. Dropped in the new o-ring. Took the sight glass and pressed it into the master using a .750 piece of round stock in our little arbor press.

Booyah! Everything else guts-wise was in good shape but I'll be getting a rebuild kit anyway. The lever wasnt even floppy yet.

$35 shipped for master
    $10.50 shipped for sight glass
    $40 roughly for a rebuild kit

So I'll have a new master for a little over $85 and probably never have to touch it again for as long as I have the trike.

Last edited by ironchop; 03-23-2017 at 08:36 PM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //