//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 350x with 300ex axle

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Arky-X View Post
    I am considering a 300ex axle for the same reason you are, more options but I may just stick with 350x axle and buy some Tusk spacers and get a dual row carrier. Back in the day we had homemade 4" spacers (8" total!!) and we chewed up bearings constantly. Only options that we knew of were LSR or Durablue and that was out of the question then.
    I saw the Magnum one and also saw and an adjustable (spacers to move the hubs) made by Niche. Niche makes a dual row carrier that gets favorable reviews.

What axle nut you use? I always had a time keeping this tight and want to use a Durablue posi-lock.

BTW.....Your bike looks amazing!!
    Yeah I have a niche carrier and have zero complaints. Yeah the durablue is over 400 bucks and your stuck with 25t hubs. They make Plus 1 hubs for 200bucks. That's 620 plus taxes. That's why I improvised. Tusk axle was 200 hubs were 100. Looks better just as strong and even wider. All for 300bucks. I did buy a new sprocket and axle nuts. Not a whole ton of cash. I used my stock 350x axle nut. I've had bad luck with the posi nuts from durablue. But I'm the only one apparently. And thank for the bike compliment. I dig the way it looks and love riding it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ranvier is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Powell View Post
    Yeah I have a niche carrier and have zero complaints. Yeah the durablue is over 400 bucks and your stuck with 25t hubs. They make Plus 1 hubs for 200bucks. That's 620 plus taxes. That's why I improvised. Tusk axle was 200 hubs were 100. Looks better just as strong and even wider. All for 300bucks. I did buy a new sprocket and axle nuts. Not a whole ton of cash. I used my stock 350x axle nut. I've had bad luck with the posi nuts from durablue. But I'm the only one apparently. And thank for the bike compliment. I dig the way it looks and love riding it.

Looks very clean. What happened with the durablue nut.....planning my build. Thx

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranvier View Post
    Looks very clean. What happened with the durablue nut.....planning my build. Thx
    Thank you. Wasn't on this bike but there's a pinch bolt that keeps it tight and it kept backing out. Durablue replaced the whole thing they said maybe it was defective. I sold it on eBay and went back to my factory nut. I've never had a Honda one loosen up after I properly torqued them.

f76 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Have you taken your sprocket off and inspected the bolts for any wear or bends?
    I went with the 300ex eliminator 2+2 axle with 350x sprocket hub pressed on from durablue simply to avoid the spacers as I wasn't keen on the idea of the sprocket no longer riding on the pilot edge of the sprocket hub. Glad it's working though, definitely a well priced option compared to a durablue setup.

85 Kawasaki KLT 160
    85 Kawasaki KLT 110
    82 ATC 70
    2000 Scrambler 500

--
    Quote Originally Posted by f76 View Post
    Have you taken your sprocket off and inspected the bolts for any wear or bends?
    I went with the 300ex eliminator 2+2 axle with 350x sprocket hub pressed on from durablue simply to avoid the spacers as I wasn't keen on the idea of the sprocket no longer riding on the pilot edge of the sprocket hub. Glad it's working though, definitely a well priced option compared to a durablue setup.

Yes I've checked them a couple times. No issues. These are pretty light machines and my motor is very mild. 400ex carb light head porting one size over 10.5 comp and full exhaust system. Probably makes 32hp at best. Gearing is very close to original and I run 2ply tires to keep the rolling mass low. But i was thinking about ordering the durablue 350x sprocket hub and seeing if it fit. The Tusk one is held by a huge snap ring. Maybe one day but for now I'm good.

--
    The durablue sprocket hub will only fit durablue axles. They use a proprietary spline count unfortunately.
    Nice to hear that the spacers work well!

85 Kawasaki KLT 160
    85 Kawasaki KLT 110
    82 ATC 70
    2000 Scrambler 500

--
    F76, now that's a rear end view that would make Jennifer Lopez jealous!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    F76, now that's a rear end view that would make Jennifer Lopez jealous!

--
    Could you post up the width of the spacers you're using for proper sprocket alignment?

85 Kawasaki KLT 160
    85 Kawasaki KLT 110
    82 ATC 70
    2000 Scrambler 500

--
    Quote Originally Posted by f76 View Post
    Could you post up the width of the spacers you're using for proper sprocket alignment?

I'm almost positive they were 1/2" spacers. Went to a local hardware store and matched them up with my sprocket bolts. Stainless and same size as bolts. Have well over 500 miles on trike this year. So far zero problems. Have removed and inspected a few times. I used grade 8 bolts and hardware only. Stainless nylock nuts with red loctite.

Ranvier is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Bump for research. Louis sells a solid spacer in the 3ww store for this now. I'm planning on a 300ex niche axle and carrier.

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Bump for research. Louis sells a solid spacer in the 3ww store for this now. I'm planning on a 300ex niche axle and carrier.
    Are you looking at the "extended" niche on eBay?
    I saw an extended one that had spacers so you can move the hubs in/out. Had the brand "Niche" on it. Didn't have a sprocket hub though.

--
    I purchased the spacer a couple months ago from Louis. Need to get the axle so I can get this going. Also going to get an extended swinger built. Lots of upgrades this year.
    R.I.P. John Swinehart
    TRIKEFEST 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    Epic Mikfest 17
    86 200x
    85 250sx
    85 big red
    85 atc 70

Fabiodriven- cereal goes in first, then milk.
    I’ve got an 8” Grip on a 10” turd... Kyle Kiser

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Arky-X View Post
    Are you looking at the "extended" niche on eBay?
    I saw an extended one that had spacers so you can move the hubs in/out. Had the brand "Niche" on it. Didn't have a sprocket hub though.
    I was hoping to use the 350x sprocket hub with 300ex sprockets and an extended 300ex axle for cost savings. Time to regear build #2.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FBA96637-0652-4986-8461-1811CC522FCC.jpeg 
Views:	129 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	256987  
    Last edited by Ranvier; 02-03-2019 at 05:08 PM.

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I was hoping to use the 350x sprocket hub with 300ex sprockets and an extended 300ex axle for cost savings. Time to regear build #2.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FBA96637-0652-4986-8461-1811CC522FCC.jpeg 
Views:	129 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	256987
    You mean one of these Niche on eBay?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Adjustable-...OrJ9:rk:8:pf:0

or

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Adjustable-...!-1:rk:10:pf:0

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //