//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Greetings with new Tri Z owner!!!

--

Greetings with new Tri Z owner!!!

Hello all - finally have a old 3 wheeler again after a couple decades. 49 yr old now I just rescued a '85 Tri Z 250 litteraly from a tree grove. Driving down a gravel road by farm place a couple miles from my home which I have been by a few times, then last November I happen to catch my eye on a old Tri Z. Brakes went on hard and backed up to take a look. Finally end of Dec was able to track the guy down and asked if I could have it. He said would think about it... I went back this weekend and inquired if he was just going to let it rot or if I could take it. He said that I could if I got it running again $50.00 so I loaded it up. Now it has been in a barn for 15 years or so sitting and this year hauled out to the trees. Needs a lot of work but he said the motor was redone shortly before he parked it and has great compression and piston looks good/new. Has spark but carb needs to be completely gone through as mice like airboxes on down to the carb throat.... will need a complete tear down once I make sure it will run fine then work on frame up rebuild are my thoughts. I may be here a time or two with advice folks!
    I started with ATC's at age of 7 having 2 90's, 110, 185s, 2 200X, then on to quads with 250X, 3 Blasters, a Polaris Sportsman 600 and currently a Kaw Brute Force 650i and a Honda Pioneer 700-4 plus my new/old Tri Z 250 now. As you can see have had these toys for 42 years of my life and you don't know the excitement I have hoping to get this Tri Z 250 up and running to be able to hop on and tear around. I know it is not a 250R but those are getting to be premium - maybe someday if I stumble across one.

--
    Welcome the boards sir. Good luck with your Tri-Z re-zestification.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    Hello 240tt, welcome.

I know the feeling, a few months back I picked up my first tri z, but it wasn't running. Last week, with a little help, I managed to get her going. And now she sits in the shed, ready to ride at any time.

It's like a dream come true every time I take her out for a scoot. It's not quite in the same class as my 85R, but it's fun to ride, and it's got enough go to remind you your on a race inspired machine, that's for sure! And it looks so cool sitting there with its stable mates.

I hope you enjoy the process of bringing that z of yours back to life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My toys 85 KXT250A2, 85 ATC250R, 85 Tri-z 250, 06 LT-R450, 04 YFZ450S, 07 125 typhoon x 3, 06 FPV GT.

--
    Hi. Good luck on the build.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //