//ArrowChat Code

Thread: New Guy with old ATC 90? I think

--

New Guy with old ATC 90? I think

OK, this is not for sale. This is really a barn find as I found it in my Dad's barn. He doesn't remember where it came from. I need to ID it, and pull it out, clean it up and go from there. Is this a 70-71 ATC 90?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2483.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	129.0 KB 
ID:	240730   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2484.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	158.5 KB 
ID:	240731  

--
    Actually I meant to ask if it is a US90 rather than an ATC90

--
    Them tires are cool looking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gimmeamidget is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Yes it's an early US90 and the tires are very rare. Usually rotted out and won't hold air. Hopefully yours are good make sure to not over inflate as it stretches the rubber. If they are cracked and rotted you can watch eBay but the go for big bucks or you can buy adapters and run modern wheels and tires. Fun old trikes they are slow and steer bad but fun to putt around. Usually they need valves adjusted and new points and carb cleaned to run well but they are hondas so they run forever!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmeamidget View Post
    Yes it's an early US90 and the tires are very rare. Usually rotted out and won't hold air. Hopefully yours are good make sure to not over inflate as it stretches the rubber. If they are cracked and rotted you can watch eBay but the go for big bucks or you can buy adapters and run modern wheels and tires. Fun old trikes they are slow and steer bad but fun to putt around. Usually they need valves adjusted and new points and carb cleaned to run well but they are hondas so they run forever!
    What PSI do they inflate to? Is there any treatment to put on the rubber if they hold air? Plan is to get it running and go from there.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    You have to find what tire pressure works best for you but I'd start out around 4 psi and go from there. If they are good (and I really really hope yours are), I'm not really aware how to preserve them.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

gimmeamidget is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    If they are not dry rot and cracked and do hold air just store them off of the ground like put machine up on blocks when not using. Most have some dagree of dry rot but hopefully your will hold air.

--
    I have a few of these tires with different amounts of dry rot still looking for the miracle fix.

--
    Do you have the rear plastics for it? That color is what they called Aquarius blue.

--
    Dude, beautiful trike! Post more pics when ya clean her up!

--
    I'm interested in the adapters and modern wheels! Have a 74 atc 90 and am needing to go with modern wheels. Anyone have info on where or who?

--
    OK I am in to old cars so I know how it goes... you never get your money out that you put in, but what do these go for restored? I will probaby run it as is if I am lucky and look for the back fenders

--
    The tire pressure is 2.2 psi for those style of balloon tires. You don't want to over inflate those style of tires, it will make them out of round.You have a great start there. Nice barn find.
    * 1970 US90 Red
    * 1978 ATC 90/180 Helm&Son, Bandito /3D springer. ( Spaghetti Winder )
    * 1978 ATC 90/128 Bandito / Ace Williams Springer.
    * 1980 ATC 110/ ? Helm&Son, Dickson Full Suspended
    * 1981 ATC 110 MTC Full Supended
    * 1985 ATC 200s
    *1986 ATC 250R/310 2"+ Westcoast Swinger

http://www.ebay.com/usr/jwheeler760

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //