//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Atc250es engine/rear diff into Atc250sx frame?

--
    The answer to the OP,is, yes,as said, the engine switches right over.No, the swingarm won't. I would just stick with the BR,but that's just me. If you go mixing parts. It is imperative you stick with ALL 85 rear parts. 86 up are completely different hub to hub.. It sounds like with a 85 SX swingarm,you might be in business. As said, the gearing in the engine and rears are slightly different,but nothing you will probably notice.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

ShaftDrive225dx is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

Atc250es engine/rear diff into Atc250sx frame?

Quote Originally Posted by atc007 View Post
    The answer to the OP,is, yes,as said, the engine switches right over.No, the swingarm won't. I would just stick with the BR,but that's just me. If you go mixing parts. It is imperative you stick with ALL 85 rear parts. 86 up are completely different hub to hub.. It sounds like with a 85 SX swingarm,you might be in business. As said, the gearing in the engine and rears are slightly different,but nothing you will probably notice.
    Yea forget it I'll just keep the frame around I think it might be a little over my head! It runs good he way it is...
    thank you for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Unless you are racing. You will LOVE the Big Red. Hands down the best ATC ever made. The 25 inch rubber makes them just a terrain eating machine. New plastics aren't too bad in price and you will have yourself a nice machine. All that said. Check your diff oil, change it and if it looks good. You're probably good for another 30 years.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    Unless you are racing. You will LOVE the Big Red. Hands down the best ATC ever made. The 25 inch rubber makes them just a terrain eating machine. New plastics aren't too bad in price and you will have yourself a nice machine. All that said. Check your diff oil, change it and if it looks good. You're probably good for another 30 years.
    I love my big red. I am guilty of changing the rear end fluid more than once a year. Its so cheap and easy. Right before trikefest and usually in winter at some point.
    R.I.P. John Swinehart
    TRIKEFEST 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    Epic Mikfest 17
    86 200x
    85 250sx
    85 big red
    85 atc 70

Fabiodriven- cereal goes in first, then milk.
    I’ve got an 8” Grip on a 10” turd... Kyle Kiser

Ranvier is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    My first trike and got me addicted!

--
    Absolutely; Guys think an 85 differential and a driveshaft as well as bearings, can go thru 30"s of water.

Snorkel or no snorkel, rebuild one and you'll never play in the water again.

Zinc coating has worn off, the 85 250SX whole rear end seals terribly. 86/87 is a bit better but I don't want 30 year old PLUS in too much water.

Or if you must make a submarine out of it, take it apart to inspect, put a new boot on and new seals and play in the mud/water for awhile.

I just don't want to destroy stock journals and other parts that I may not be able to buy......
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Mine is like a gall-danged submarine. I take it in deep water and I do so often. That's how and where I want to ride and the SX/ES's were made for that and excel at it. I couldn't even count the number of rivers we crossed in NH last month, and the snow was melting so they were DEEP. Five bikes, two SX's and three ES's. Check your diff oil often, it's very easy to tell if you have a leak. Simply change the oil and fix the leak if it's bad enough. I've been ing on my 86 SX for years since I've gotten it, it's seen a ton of water. Probably been at least five years anyways, maybe more. I have never changed the diff oil. It's due so I'll open it up soon and report how five years of abuse has treated it. These machines are true all terrain cycles, including mud and water. I agree it's best to take care of the bike but the care of the rear of these bikes is just different, not to be mistaken with inferior. For the type of riding I do they are actually far superior. Don't be skurred to sink it as long as you keep an eye on your diff oil.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Leave the Big Red together and enjoy having 25"s.

Prep the SX frame for another build. Find yourself an 86-87 TRX250. It is a rear wheel drive utility quad. It's the same 250cc engine, use the entire wire harness and the entire swingarm, rear axle and wheels on the SX frame. The TRX swingarm is about three inches longer than an SX and will allow a 25" tire on an SX. You will have to fab a new lower shock mount. I narrowed a rear rim to about eight inches wide for my front tire and have a Goodyear ATT912 in 25x11x9 on the stock SX front. I'm a big fan of the Kenda Bear Claw; I run 25x12.5x9 on my SX. From that one TRX250 you'll have many of the parts you will need to build a Big Red/SX combo.

On any machine run the vent tubes as high as you can if you're anywhere near water. Mine are plumbed into the top of the airbox and I made a removable snorkel. I haven't had any water intrusion since doing so, but do keep checking those fluids!
    15T3FN1 CE/FI/SI with a Class A; Some of you might know what that means.

1986 ATC 200x, Gathering parts for a 200sx build.
    1985 ATC 250SX 25" tires, extended swingarm, snorkel and other mods for Alaska adventures.
    1985 ATC 250SX, Big plans for this one...
    1985 ATC 250ES, Big Red
    1984 ATC 125M's, 1.5 of 'em
    1983 ATC 110, BLUE!
    1974 ATC 70 Pink?

ShaftDrive225dx is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Name Brand View Post
    Leave the Big Red together and enjoy having 25"s.

Prep the SX frame for another build. Find yourself an 86-87 TRX250. It is a rear wheel drive utility quad. It's the same 250cc engine, use the entire wire harness and the entire swingarm, rear axle and wheels on the SX frame. The TRX swingarm is about three inches longer than an SX and will allow a 25" tire on an SX. You will have to fab a new lower shock mount. I narrowed a rear rim to about eight inches wide for my front tire and have a Goodyear ATT912 in 25x11x9 on the stock SX front. I'm a big fan of the Kenda Bear Claw; I run 25x12.5x9 on my SX. From that one TRX250 you'll have many of the parts you will need to build a Big Red/SX combo.

On any machine run the vent tubes as high as you can if you're anywhere near water. Mine are plumbed into the top of the airbox and I made a removable snorkel. I haven't had any water intrusion since doing so, but do keep checking those fluids!
    Yea I will! Thanks for the advice I came up on a great deal purchased this atc250sx runs good cosmetics need help but that's easy! Going to put some 25's on it as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //