//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: New Project - 86 200X

--
    Wow you've been busy... I looked on your bench and video, make sure you have the
    Oil plate, i didnt see one there. If you look closely in my pic you can see where the pump shaft rubs but not enough to really scratch it.
    I guess it just keeps it from wandering out to far.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	240821

Shep

DDQ is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Thanks shep, I do have that plate. I also found an oring that will fit the carb.

So, before I can go any further I need the cam bearing retainer, long cam bearing retainer bolts, flywheel bolt and clutch lifter piece. I will cut my own gaskets for the covers. If anyone knows someone that might have these parts please let me know.

--
    Do yourself a favor....... Please remember to turn your decomp lever while assembling the clutch cover. I did this about 4yrs ago, i guess i kept the pieces as a reminder. It didn't take much pressure either.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	240824
    Hopefully it saves yours from the same fate.....

--
    Will do, thanks!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DDQ View Post
    I will cut my own gaskets for the covers.
    Your moving along nicely

Any luck with eBay with those items?

I might be tempted to use hondabond, yamabond, 3bond, etc just as temporary gaskets since you might be in and out of it. It cleans up nice.

--
    No luck on ebay for any of the parts I need. I have also posted in every 3 wheeler facebook group I am a member of. It sucks being stuck like this.

--
    http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=12...=12211-hb3-000

Is this the part your looking for?
    82 250r
    83 Big Red
    85 Auto-x
    If you've done business with me please leave me feedback
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ght=Bren_downe

--
    That is one of the parts. I am a little skeptical because it is aftermarket but I guess there is not much chance I will find an oem.

--
    I hear Ya. Are you searching part numbers too? Partzilla automatically cross reference part numbers with other models. That's another good way to search. If the bolts your looking for cross over with a VFR head. And you search that as well.
    It takes some time but occasionally you get lucky.
    82 250r
    83 Big Red
    85 Auto-x
    If you've done business with me please leave me feedback
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ght=Bren_downe

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Bren_downe View Post
    I hear Ya. Are you searching part numbers too? Partzilla automatically cross reference part numbers with other models. That's another good way to search. If the bolts your looking for cross over with a VFR head. And you search that as well.
    It takes some time but occasionally you get lucky.
    Yes, I am searching with part numbers and have tried partzilla. A couple of the parts I need are on ebay but more expensive than I had hoped for. I guess this is what I get for buying a 86 project without researching part availability ahead of time.

--
    You'll be very HAPPY with what it ends up as.

The gearshift issue is always the "gearshift plate" or 3rd gear in 87 was made too thin.

Otherwise, you now have a motor with a cam on ball bearings instead of an aluminum journal.....
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    The earlier model 200x's had cam shafts that were not on bearings?

UPDATE.... Through much messaging on ebay last night I located and purchased a flywheel bolt and washer (which I had to buy a flywheel with) and the cam bearing retainer.

I am still in need of these items before I can mount the motor and attempt to start.

--
    Why are you pointing at that bolt??

The 86/87 200X has an ARROW next to every bolt that is an oil gallery on that head, crack them loose and test for oil pressure. You don't have to check OP on these unless they've been apart and by using a 5.16ths wrench to tear it down,

Just get that right cover off, clean the lower oil screen and the "oil filter rotor". The 3 screws need an impact screwdriver to remove most. But, get that screwdriver and you will that use it OFTEN... And they cost about 10$

Then switch to S.S. flat head allen screws, M6 x 1.0 I believe. Be sure the oil pump chain has that 2nd cover which acts like a "guide".

Remember, the crank shaft is LH threads!! I've bought a few that were stripped out right outta the box!!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Getting ready to clean and line the tank

--
    After removing the tank I see I am missing the coil. I found this one in a box of parts. Does this happen to be the correct one?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //