//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: New Project - 86 200X

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DDQ View Post
    I really do not want to split these cases. I think the bottom end is good. Everything I can see is clean, it shifts, and the oil screen was perfectly clean and it was sealed in with what looked like the original gasket.

If I have to get this cylinder honed I might as well get it bored for the next size up piston. My local machine shop takes 3 weeks to do any work so I was really hoping to avoid having to get machine work done.
    So, you'd rather have a jogging girl now than a smokin hot pole dancer an a few weeks!!??

You may be able to flush the bottom end out, with diesel; And have some piece of mind...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

DDQ is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    So, you'd rather have a jogging girl now than a smokin hot pole dancer an a few weeks!!??

You may be able to flush the bottom end out, with diesel; And have some piece of mind...
    I think everybody here knows in the long run the pole dancer gives a man more trouble!

I called Shindy who told me their piston rings fit OEM cylinders. I ordered a set of gaskets, piston rings, a hone tool, and valve seals. Shep is being nice enough to send me an intake valve so that I can swap out this rusty one while I am in there. If I cant rent valve spring compressors at my local auto part store I will try to make one out of a socket as suggested earlier.

--
    If I felt like going to the post office, I'd give you my valve remover set.

But, Shep stops in the help and hang so he may end up with it.

I actually FORGOT I had the set and ordered another. Like 30$; How can you beat that lack of aggravation....!!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Yup steve, i bought one of those compressor kits last year i think it was $23 i'm sure from china, lead paint and all.
    My Best investment yet. Those little split collars though are easy to loose!!! I find myself (borrowing) the wifes nice tweezer set to take them out or in. Ddq (david) you just dont want to compress them too much, just enough to get those holders out. You'll see!!

Shep

--
    After new rings, a new valve, seals, and gaskets, she runs!

https://youtu.be/CMM74R13L7w

I can not express enough how thankful I am to shep and dirtcrasher for helping me get here. I am not out of the woods, as I have not ridden ot yet, but this is a huge improvement and boost of confidence. There is a stream of oil in the video leaking from the front sprocket seal. I have that seal and will replace the bad one tomorrow. Now I need to order a front sprocket and I will be ready to test her out!

--
    Sounds good. Adjust those valves when they're cold.

Easiest valve lash to change on anything I've ever seen!!

--
    For the last two weeks I had been struggling with the rear end. I could not install a chain because I could not get the carrier to spin. I finally got the axle lock nuts loose with a chisel and and then dealt with the nightmare of removing the brake stay that was seized to the carrier.

I got it back together and took it for a test ride and it rides great!!

--
    I saw your videos, holy jeebus.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    I thread the bolts in the opposite way and put a penny in the gap to spread swingarms....

--
    The swingarm was not the issue, it was the brake stay.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //