//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 1983 Mustang GT Project

--

1983 Mustang GT Project

It's been 7 years since I had a street car toy and I've really gotten the bug again the past year or so. I had some kind of hot rod, mostly foxbody Mustangs with a few 68-72 Novas sprinkled in there, from 1997-2010, then I quit cold turkey and focused on trikes. My love for trikes has really taken a hit the last couple years and if it weren't for the sentimental attachment I have for my 250r, I honestly wouldn't even own a trike right now, or possibly ever again. But, my love for cars has never really diminished, only the depths of my pockets trying to support two habits like cars and trikes.

The last few months I've been on the hunt for a rust free Fox, preferably a notch, but a hatchback would be just fine. My first 5.0 was a 86 notchback 5.0 5spd, so I've always had a soft spot for the 79-86 cars. I've owned a 83 GLX convertible, and a 80 Hatch also along the way. Actually 6 of them ranging from 80-93.

So I located a rust free 83 GT in Denver. My 10 year old daughter and I are planning a daddy daughter road trip driving out there tomorrow to bring it home.

It's a project but the price was right and most importantly, rust free, which is unheard of around here. A rust free foxbody any year is very hard to find these days in STL.

I'll be sure to update this thread as it progresses.

--
    Looks like the start of something fun! Enjoy that rust free body, they're unheard of around here too.
    1985 Tri-Z 250
    1985 ATC250R

--
    I love it.

Always wanted an SVO

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    You`re not giving up on trikes ....MR.!........if you try Glamis just 1 feckin time ......you won`t be able to quit .....and da Mustaag is in trouble ......and the mike drops...
    Don't worry Glamster, the 250r isn't going anywhere. I'll get out there some day!

Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    I love it.

Always wanted an SVO
    Me too. I've always wanted a blue comp prep 86.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

--
    Are you going to put a Coyote in it? Or piss off some people and put an LS in it!

Joker 90
    1970 Honda US90- aquarius blue
    1981 Yamaha YT125
    1986 Yamaha Big Wheel 80
    1986 Kawasaki Tecate KXT500
    1987 Kawasaki KXT250B2
    2005 Yamaha YFZ450

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ezmoney1979 View Post
    Or piss off some people and put an LS in it!
    Blasphemy sir! Lol I'll just keep the 302 in there.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Awesome Bryan! Great choice! Loved my 85 GT, it spent 17 years in my custody. I just let it go this winter.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Looks like fun!
    I once had an 83 convertible not-GT (GLX??? - been a long time) 5.0 5sp that looked a lot like the vert in the background.
    I had a lot of fun in that car - even with the cracked floorpans and 14" tires

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jb2wheels View Post
    Looks like fun!
    I once had an 83 convertible not-GT (GLX??? - been a long time) 5.0 5sp that looked a lot like the vert in the background.
    I had a lot of fun in that car - even with the cracked floorpans and 14" tires
    The non GT 5.0 cars were GLX's I believe in 83. My GLX vert was triple black with the SROD 4spd. I hated that transmission, but the car was beautiful. My first priority is just to get it running, then I'm going to convert it to EFI using the FITECH kit. Then I'll address the 7.5 rear and go from there. My plans are possibly a small blow thru turbo and a C4, but that is after the body work and wheels are addressed.
    Last edited by bkm; 03-16-2017 at 07:39 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Awesome Bryan! Great choice! Loved my 85 GT, it spent 17 years in my custody. I just let it go this winter.
    I miss my 86 notch. I sold it as a roller in 07 and tracked it down a few months ago. It now has a 466 BBF and a C6 transmission, but the guy won't sell it back to me.

It's in worse shape than when I had it, but it was my first. I wanted back bad, but oh well, no use crying over spilled milk.

--
    Um, I find out about this on 3ww....come on man! This is awesome news. In a couple months we'll take big red and your stallion out for a quick race. Looks awesome!
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Sorry dude. When I'm on midnights I kinda segregate myself from human contact outside of my house or work.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bkm View Post
    Sorry dude. When I'm on midnights I kinda segregate myself from human contact outside of my house or work.

Just messin' looks awesome
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Looks like a nice project! Had an opportunity on an 83 GLX convertible a while back and as much work as it needed, it was clean and it ran, and had a decent top. I didnt buy it for the simple fact that it was a convertible and i kick myself everytime i think about it.

I bet a 460 would really make that thing go.
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

--
    I'm glad you found one, I felt bad about giving you blue balls with my neighbor's. Enjoy the road trip with your daughter, that will probably be one of the best memories of this build.
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //