//ArrowChat Code
Page 19 of 308 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you doing today? Thread

--
    O god, I see where this is going!

El cam: Mostly plasma but I do use the gas axe with the table also. I have a rolling cart under the table that holds water
    To keep the dust down. Nothing fancy. The table came with a big cut out in it so I made lemonade with the lemon I bought!
    Last edited by plastikosmd; 05-27-2017 at 07:09 AM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by tripledog View Post
    Perhaps, but I may be a bit bias plied.
    Wheel you guys cut it out? Don't want this thread to go radial.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Current Trikes:
    85 350x
    P3 (x2)

Quads:
    2003 Polaris Predator 500
    1988 Yamaha Warrior
    2003 Polaris Predator 90

Previous Trikes:
    84 Honda 110 (parts)
    85 Honda 110
    85 Honda 200x
    87 Honda 200x
    85 Honda 250sx
    KX 80 Trike conversion

Gone and missed:

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    You think I should peelout?
    You could grab a tire iron and turn rubber.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Once these exchanges start gaining traction I start to get a little tired. I haven't gotten a bead on just why yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Once these exchanges start gaining traction I start to get a little tired. I haven't gotten a bead on just why yet.
    Flat tired, huh???...sounds like you're just getting pumped up.

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    It may stem from nutrients michelin from your diet.

--
    Well today's task was to cut the field

Instead, I made 3 belt soup. New belts will be here this afternoon I hope

So out to weed wack and no trimmer string, now I am just drinking a beer. Safer

--
    Was having fun till the gas started leaking out of two carbs. Now am not having fun.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1779.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	2.73 MB 
ID:	243400

Managed to mount a digital speedo as well. Was going to just have it as a dummy for the law, but with a little extra work I managed to get the sensors mounted too.

Name:	IMG_1780.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	243401

6bt is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by plastikosmd View Post
    Well today's task was to cut the field

Instead, I made 3 belt soup. New belts will be here this afternoon I hope

So out to weed wack and no trimmer string, now I am just drinking a beer. Safer
    How do you like your flail mower? I've been casually looking for a 7-8' one. Either they are super cheap, or super expensive.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

--
    Love it
    This one is a caroni, 6' I think with side shift. Tractor is 32hp and the flail does great even in thick stuff, full swath cut. I think a brushhog would suck up more power

El, what does that gauge cluster "read" or what are you measuring on the bike?

--
    El, what does that gauge cluster "read" or what are you measuring on the bike?
    First picture is a set of vacuum gauges for synchronizing the carbs. Second is a digital speedometer.

--

Name:	imagepng_0.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	243404 This Bud is for you. Just kidding. Had a few beers today.
    Trikes owned:
    83 Honda 200x "Liquid X"
    81 DG 250r : Sold

--
    ^ that poor seat

I wish I knew more about testing equipment. I am still mostly a hack. Are they only used for balancing the carbs? Would there ever be a need for just one gauge in a set up to provide carb/engine info? Sorry if questions are too basic

--
    ^ that poor seat

I wish I knew more about testing equipment. I am still mostly a hack. Are they only used for balancing the carbs? Would there ever be a need for just one gauge in a set up to provide carb/engine info? Sorry if questions are too basic
    A hack? I managed a welding and machine shop for a number of years and I wouldn't know how to run half the machines in your shop LOL! I suspect you could learn to synchronize carburetors a lot faster than I could learn to use some of those machines.

There is no reason I can think of that would require one to have a set of those gauges to set up a single cylinder engine, but a single vacuum gauge can be used to make adjustments on an automotive carburetor, or to make timing adjustments.

In the case of this particular engine the four carburetors are all activated by a single shaft that is manipulated by a single throttle cable, so just one of the throat slides is fixed and the other three carburetors are adjustable. So what you trying to do with the vacuum gauges is adjust the slides of the three remaining carburetors to match that of the fixed carburetor. The fixed carburetor also is the one that the idle adjustment stop screw is on, so once all three adjustable carburetors are synchronized to the fixed carburetor any adjustments to the idle screw raises all the slides in unison.

In the case of individual carburetors on a multi cylinder engine that each have their own set of linkage, or cables, you have to make two adjustments using the vacuum gauges. You have to do a synchronization of the cable tension on each carburetor at an RPM higher than idle, say 1/4 throttle. Then you need to make sure that none of the cables have tension at idle and use the individual idle screws of each carburetor to synchronize them at idle speed.

There are many advantages to having your carburetors synchronized, easier to start, smoother acceleration, faster return to idle speed, eliminates hang up, better mileage and less stress on all the mechanical parts.

Unfortunately there is no such thing as a perfect synchronize unless each cylinder has been perfectly duplicated in every sense. Since this is impossible, there will always be slight variations throughout the RPM range, but as with everything else in life the closer you can get to perfect the better things work.

You can also use clear tubes of mercury to synchronize carburetors. It is probably more accurate than using cheap vacuum gauges, but I prefer the gauges and you can always switch the gauges back and forth between cylinders if you doubt the readings. You can also buy electronic gauges now.

I saw a set of high end vacuum gauges acquired from an auction at a Suzuki dealer back in the 80s that consisted of glass tubes which contained metal balls. I would love to get my hands on a set as they were incredably stable.
    Last edited by El Camexican; 05-28-2017 at 03:49 PM.

--
    Very nice explanation
    Thank u

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //