//ArrowChat Code
Page 103 of 306 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 4587

Thread: What are you doing today? Thread

--
    Waiting for truck to be towed to house then the work starts

--
    I had to get my snowblower back out. We got about 12" of snow overnight.
    85 Big Red
    83 Big Red
    84 125m
    85 TRX 125
    73 ATC 70

--
    Yeah I'm still trying to figure out what all the hoopla is for mirror covers....but I didn't know that Shep was offering free estimates for windows and doors

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2018-03-26-16-49-14-1.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	251460

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    I still don't understand what is going on with these mirrors. From what I can tell, people are stealing only the covers or something? I don't understand the fix either. I read and re-read your posts Nico, and I still don't understand, lol.
    Beats me too

But then guess what busted straight into my mind....go on, guess

Shep can make replacement Mexican mirror covers from his new kitchen plastic casting facility

BOOM!

your welcome

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    I still don't understand what is going on with these mirrors. From what I can tell, people are stealing only the covers or something? I don't understand the fix either. I read and re-read your posts Nico, and I still don't understand, lol.
    OK, so it works like this...

Dozens, if not hundreds of small time thieves inhabit our city and whenever they see a vehicle that does not have mirror protectors, or hub cap cables which i will explain in a moment, they pull them off the vehicle when opportunity presents itself and sell them to brick and mortar stores in an area known as “Pablo la Garza” for the name of the principal street that runs the length of a section of the city that is dedicated to auto parts sales. There’s even an Auto Zone on the North end.

If you’re lucky the thief that takes your stuff is a pro and doesn’t butcher your vehicle in the process, but if you get hit by a rookie you can end up with some serious damage to your vehicle. I was very fortunate that the guy that got this last set of my mirrors was an expert thief and probably didn’t even leave fingerprints.

Years back it was only the glass, or mirror section that was taken, but now on the newer vehicles there is a plastic section on the front side of the mirror assembly that can be popped off with a small screwdriver, so they are now stealing the glass and the plastic.

The way to stop would be thieves is to purchase a set of model specific rings that are glued into the stock mirror housing using the same sealant that is used to install wind shields. Once these rings which are usually made of fiberglass, or plastic have dried in place it is impossible to remove the glass mirrors without breaking them. The same adhiesive is used to glue the plastic covers on. The only downside to this is that if for some reason you do need to replace something on your mirror, or have a problem with the motors, you will need to replace the entire assembly as it will be next to impossible to get at the internals of your mirror.

The hubcap cables I mentioned are 1/8” inch thick aircraft cables with washers crimped on at both ends. The larger of the two goes underneath your lugnut and the smaller use is used to pop rivit to the hubcap after a hole has been drilled.

You would think that would be thieves would simply carry around a set of cable cutters to get past this, but because the people who are selling the stolen parts back to the public are also the ones marketing the antitheft devices there seems to be an unwritten rule about not messing with those who have already paid for a product.

I really should have installed a set of mirror guards as soon as I picked up the truck.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    .... but because the people who are selling the stolen parts back to the public are also the ones marketing the antitheft devices ...
    Hmmmm....so they create a problem and then market the solution to their victims?

Sounds just like American politicians at work, here.

Or they steal something from someone and hold it for ransom until you pay to get it back.

You know if these guys wanna go legit, they should open towing companies in America serving local governments

So many parallels...,

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Any of you guys looking for something cool to make for grandkids or for yourself? This is from leftover azec composite decking material- clothes pin, holesaw, bandsaw, elastic bands is all u need. My kids cant get enough of these things, good cheap fun. There trying to design a rifle shaped one next. Just wanted to put it out there

Name:	0157084A-756B-43E8-B7E1-E8377B169CCC.jpeg 
Views:	26 
Size:	2.76 MB 
ID:	251511 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	62E74454-1FEF-481D-AF5A-7AC9ED594543.jpeg 
Views:	20 
Size:	2.29 MB 
ID:	251512
    Just an elastic band shooter but dont bring it to school!!!!!! Ha
    Shep
    Last edited by Shep1970; 04-08-2018 at 01:58 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep1970 View Post
    Any of you guys looking for something cool to make for grandkids or for yourself? This is from leftover azec composite decking material- clothes pin, holesaw, bandsaw, elastic bands is all u need. My kids cant get enough of these things, good cheap fun. There trying to design a rifle shaped one next. Just wanted to put it out there

Name:	0157084A-756B-43E8-B7E1-E8377B169CCC.jpeg 
Views:	26 
Size:	2.76 MB 
ID:	251511 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	62E74454-1FEF-481D-AF5A-7AC9ED594543.jpeg 
Views:	20 
Size:	2.29 MB 
ID:	251512
    Just an elastic band shooter but dont bring it to school!!!!!! Ha
    Shep
    Very cool. Back in the day we used a old hockey stick shaft. The spring on the clothes peg fits in nice to the jaws of a full clothes peg. Mount the clothes peg sideways with a nail through the spring. So basically we had a piece of metal on the end of the elastic. HAHA. Careful or you will shot your eye out...

That is messed up with the mirrors and hubcaps. Never heard of that. Probally same kids that eat the Tide pods or are now putting a condom up their nose and pulling it out their mouth... What is happening to this world???
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

6bt is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Craigslist find, fairly cheap. Hasn't run in a few years. Missing odds and ends, but pretty complete. I have a nice 06 that's almost original, that I don't want to modify. Figured this would be a good candidate to hack up. Ground is still pretty wet here, can't wait to resume working on the barn.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

--
    Trying to get some old gorilla glue off the side cover of my FZR without damaging the original finish....too much.

Using WD40 to help loosen it up.......it's slow going.

Name:	20180408_175134.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	251590

Name:	20180409_174547.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	251591

--
    Spent a load of cash to start a race build on my 84 200x
    "I'm Watchin' The Herk N' Jerk!"
    3&2moto on YouTube
    Trikefest 10,17,18,19

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ZachH View Post
    Spent a load of cash to start a race build on my 84 200x
    That sounds real cool!

You should start a thread on the build.......that would be interesting.

--
    Finally a nice day here in mass. Planning on cleaning up the yard but I have this little piece of equipment that needs to go.
    It was given to me from a job about 7yrs ago. It was running/driving about 5yrs ago and was tarped half that time.
    I’m guessing early 70’s maybe, it’s a gravely w/plow and jockey seat thingy.
    Its free to anyone that wants it just bring a truck.
    Or any advice what to do with it? Maybe a scrap guy? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E46C4713-A209-4D2E-842F-A4E75E888016.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	2.40 MB 
ID:	251605
    Thanks,

Shep

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep1970 View Post
    Finally a nice day here in mass. Planning on cleaning up the yard but I have this little piece of equipment that needs to go.
    It was given to me from a job about 7yrs ago. It was running/driving about 5yrs ago and was tarped half that time.
    I’m guessing early 70’s maybe, it’s a gravely w/plow and jockey seat thingy.
    Its free to anyone that wants it just bring a truck.
    Or any advice what to do with it? Maybe a scrap guy? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E46C4713-A209-4D2E-842F-A4E75E888016.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	2.40 MB 
ID:	251605
    Thanks,

Shep
    Mount the blade up to a Big Red!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    Hey Knappy .............hows the flipping vehicles with the idiots of Insane Diego workin these days ?..........no shortage of idiot meat around here !
    Currently working with a long time customer on a "Peace Silver dollar" deal.

He's a little slow moving but I'm at $10 a coin and he's in agreement. I can see he has a sentimental attachment so I don't want to push.....I'll just wait. The deal will be done eventually. They are in rolls from 30s or 40s or something. The rolls show BU or at least AU condition at the ends. It would be around a 4K deal but I could double my money even after ebay fees......but I collect coins so I would probably keep half if not more.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //