//ArrowChat Code
Page 12 of 308 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you doing today? Thread

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    You build your own cabinets? Or just painting the ones you bought?
    Painting the ones we purchased scoots. I don't beleive I could have made them less expensive then what we paid for the unfinished cabinets. Only one little backer strip is OSP. All else plywood with solid maple face + shelves.
    Kind of realize now that first coating of paint with that spray gun my brother gave me years ago is more for thinner materials like lacquer ,,, stains,,,, off to purchase a sprayer better suited for the job.
    Besides that, the red paint I bought for doors and drawers,,,, well the Mrs. said it isn't Honda red so it has to go back for darkening She has convinced me there needs to be some contrasting colors other then just white,,, look like a sanitarium she said ~ lol.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by plastikosmd View Post
    Went to get the boat ready for the season
    Broken skeg, big crack/tear in one of the outboard motor covers and my anchor was slightly bent. Couldn't get marina to admit blame, packing up and moving out

Wow ! I would suspect somebody knew they screwed up,,, all that damage had to leave a mark ,,, wow.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jeswinehart View Post
    Painting the ones we purchased scoots. I don't beleive I could have made them less expensive then what we paid for the unfinished cabinets. Only one little backer strip is OSP. All else plywood with solid maple face + shelves.
    Kind of realize now that first coating of paint with that spray gun my brother gave me years ago is more for thinner materials like lacquer ,,, stains,,,, off to purchase a sprayer better suited for the job.
    Besides that, the red paint I bought for doors and drawers,,,, well the Mrs. said it isn't Honda red so it has to go back for darkening She has convinced me there needs to be some contrasting colors other then just white,,, look like a sanitarium she said ~ lol.
    You did prime/seal first right? I've never had luck with red paint unless it's mat finish.

I have found thought that replacing the thin backing on store bought items with 3/8 or 1/2 inch plywood and glueing and screwing in in place adds a lot of rigidity to the units and because I live in a cement box I bolt a 2 inch angle iron to the wall to support the shelves and then lag them to the wall. That way I can make sure everything is nice and level and it's easy for me to raise and position the shelves all by myself as my wife is nowhere near as handy as yours seems to be.
    Last edited by El Camexican; 04-29-2017 at 10:42 AM.

--
    Arbor press makes anchor look small

Speaking of "small" here is my turtle save next to my new hook that I want to adapt to forklift when needed

Hook big, turtle small. Nice hook for 25$ At scrapyard , spring is here the turtles are hatching

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --

I got wood...

I cut about a full cord of wood at the lake, and scored 3 nice logs in the process. I busted my Ash getting them on the truck by myself.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mill logs.jpg   Lake work 4.jpg   Lake work 3.jpg  

--
    ^Wow, to be young again..(I'm 44)

--
    Quote Originally Posted by plastikosmd View Post
    ^Wow, to be young again..(I'm 44)
    I'll be 56 in September...

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    I help at least a few every year. Doesn't matter if I'm on my street bike or in a tractor trailer, I always help turtles.
    Cool, I helped one a while back. My most recent save was a very small frog. I run an excavator so I'm always coming across wildlife of some kind in the rural.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20170406_144050.jpg  

Joker 90
    1970 Honda US90- aquarius blue
    1981 Yamaha YT125
    1986 Yamaha Big Wheel 80
    1986 Kawasaki Tecate KXT500
    1987 Kawasaki KXT250B2
    2005 Yamaha YFZ450

--
    ^^^ That's froggin' awesome! At first glance, I didn't even see that frog.

--
    Trippledog,,,, how the did you get those logs into your truck by yourself ?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jeswinehart View Post
    Trippledog,,,, how the did you get those logs into your truck by yourself ?
    I cut some slices from a willow tree that was about 3 feet wide at the base, to make them easier to load on my truck. Unbeknownst to me, it would end up working to my advantage. I brought a timber jack and a plastic 55 gallon drum with me to help provide leverage and a fulcrum. The first log was the base, so it was the heaviest. I used the timber jack to lift the butt log (hey, Beavis, he said butt log...) enough to get a willow slice under it, and then stacked a couple slices next to to the log, rolled the log onto them, and kept adding slices and shifting the log side to side onto the stacked slices until the drum would fit under the log, and used the drum as a pivot point. I used a piece of 1 by pine as a chock to keep the log from rolling off the slices and falling on me. I backed the truck until the log slid a few feet over the tailgate . Then it was just a matter of lifting and pushing the log onto the truck, moving the log less than a foot with each go. I only needed the drum for the first log, but loading all three logs took nearly an hour.

WOO HOO! Someone just scored some lumber to mill to make new stair treads. I am glad that I had previously enhanced the performance of my truck by adding the window sticker...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lake work.jpg  
    Last edited by tripledog; 04-29-2017 at 11:53 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by tripledog View Post
    I cut some slices from a willow tree that was about 3 feet wide at the base, to make them easier to load on my truck. Unbeknownst to me, it would end up working to my advantage. I brought a timber jack and a plastic 55 gallon drum with me to help provide leverage and a fulcrum. The first log was the base, so it was the heaviest. I used the timber jack to lift the butt log (hey, Beavis, he said butt log...) enough to get a willow slice under it, and then stacked a couple slices next to to the log, rolled the log onto them, and kept adding slices and shifting the log side to side onto the stacked slices until the drum would fit under the log, and used the drum as a pivot point. I used a piece of 1 by pine as a chock to keep the log from rolling off the slices and falling on me. I backed the truck until the log slid a few feet over the tailgate . Then it was just a matter of lifting and pushing the log onto the truck, moving the log less than a foot with each go. I only needed the drum for the first log, but loading all three logs took nearly an hour.

WOO HOO! Someone just scored some lumber to mill to make new stair treads. I am glad that I had previously enhanced the performance of my truck by adding the window sticker...
    I no longer wonder how Stonehenge was built, thanks!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    I no longer wonder how Stonehenge was built, thanks!
    Whoa, Stoned Hedge. Primary reason for the loss of my landscaping job.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by tripledog View Post
    Whoa, Stoned Hedge. Primary reason for the loss of my landscaping job.
    Thats too mulch to wheelbarow.

--
    I was wondering the same thing trip, thanks for the explanation. We mostly have crap poplar here and I've loaded logs not as big as yours and almost busted deez nuts!
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool