//ArrowChat Code
Page 153 of 308 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 203 253 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 4608

Thread: What are you doing today? Thread

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    HI Barn.........you CALVMX super star !...........show us your Metals !.........now !
    Ok, here ya go! I got fourteen 1st places, one 2nd, and one 3rd since I started riding again around August of 2018. I also got around 5th in the Elsinore GP. Other than my C70 Honda I bought around 1 1/2 years ago, the last time I was in any type of 2, 3, or 4 wheeler etc was in 1993 when I broke my hip at an AHRMA vintage motocross race in the 125 expert class. I had zero practice on on this YZ. I simply bought it, fixed it, then changed the springs on the suspension to what my best guess was they should be and set up the rest of the suspension, then took it out to Perris race track and raced it.

I'm usually racing in two different classes at each race (4 motos), but I raced in 3 different classes at the Grant Langston calvmx race and won all 3 of those, however, I doubt I will racing 3 classes again cuz I'm way too old for that cr_p, but we will see. One of the calvmx classes I am racing in is the open class, which is any bike size and any year up to 1996, and most these lazy mfr's have big bores so I have to ride my a_s off just to try and keep up with them, sooooo, I figured I might as well try and be lazy to, so I got extremely lucky and recently found, and bought myself somethin that some of them ain't gonna wanna see, which is a 1981 YZ465 (I actually bought two 465's and an 83 YZ100 from two brothers). The only thing I need to do now is try to stay on it.

.................................................. .

Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    ...you CALVMX super star !
    Well actually, that is only one of the clubs I race with. The others are OTHG and Trans World MX, and there are zero vintage bikes in those clubs, and the vast majority of the bikes I race against there are newer $10,000.00 450 4 strokes and I won all but 2 of the races I was in with those clubs. If can I stay in one piece doing this, I will also race with American Retrocross at their Glen Helen races if their schedule doesn't conflict with calvmx.

That is a brand new Husky 450 on the far right and I think the Kawi was a 2018. The photo was taken right after I passed all three of those guys.

--
    Well if it ain’t Billy Bad Ass Himself, not bad for an old Geezer who mopped floors at Kawasaki!

Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    Ok, here ya go! I got fourteen 1st places, one 2nd, and one 3rd since I started riding again around August of 2018. I also got around 5th in the Elsinore GP. Other than my C70 Honda I bought around 1 1/2 years ago, the last time I was in any type of 2, 3, or 4 wheeler etc was in 1993 when I broke my hip at an AHRMA vintage motocross race in the 125 expert class. I had zero practice on on this YZ. I simply bought it, fixed it, then changed the springs on the suspension to what my best guess was they should be and set up the rest of the suspension, then took it out to Perris race track and raced it.

I'm usually racing in two different classes at each race (4 motos), but I raced in 3 different classes at the Grant Langston calvmx race and won all 3 of those, however, I doubt I will racing 3 classes again cuz I'm way too old for that cr_p, but we will see. One of the calvmx classes I am racing in is the open class, which is any bike size and any year up to 1996, and most these lazy mfr's have big bores so I have to ride my a_s off just to try and keep up with them, sooooo, I figured I might as well try and be lazy to, so I got extremely lucky and recently found, and bought myself somethin that some of them ain't gonna wanna see, which is a 1981 YZ465 (I actually bought two 465's and an 83 YZ100 from two brothers). The only thing I need to do now is try to stay on it.

Well actually, that is only one of the clubs I race with. The others are OTHG and Trans World MX, and there are zero vintage bikes in those clubs, and the vast majority of the bikes I race against there are newer $10,000.00 450 4 strokes and I won all but 2 of the races I was in with those clubs. If can I stay in one piece doing this, I will also race with American Retrocross at their Glen Helen races if their schedule doesn't conflict with calvmx.

That is a brand new Husky 450 on the far right and I think the Kawi was a 2018. The photo was taken right after I passed all three of those guys.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    POST CORRECTION CUZ I STILL AIN'T GOT NO EDIT BUTTON

"...I doubt I will racing 3 classes again..."

should read:

"I doubt I will be racing 3 classes again..."

--
    laughing because all of our schools in this neck of the woods never opened today because the good old meterologist both local and national couldnt forecast the Dam weather correctly and everyone panicked. I'm so over how much the media has an impact in some peoples lives. The kids and teachers will be making up day's around here way into June.. PANICK!!!!! PANICK!!!!!!!!!!! its raining outside.
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    Nice.

I know a person with 360000 miles on an 89 camery.......seems to last forever!

Edit....forgot to add it never let them down with just regular maintenance.
    I know a Toyota guy. .
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    Getting ready to tig the bar back together
    Dual vices are handy
    Gotta get this done before the Willys cj5 arrives Saturday

--
    Neighbor has an rtv1100. Fun machine for around our property here.
    My first reaction after borrowing it was wow=LOUD inside. Having had a gator I liked the rear for carrying stuff (saws, shooting bags, wood etc) but I hardly utilized the “dump” feature.
    I preferred to haul gravel/dirt/debris in my dump trailer (maybe I was “overprotective.”) Anyway, flipped the gator for a dozer and began to look. I didn’t see the value (for me) in a 23k++w plow/options. Used were still overpriced.

Begin to analyze what I exactly wanted/ needed.

4wd
    Easy to repair
    Reliable
    2 seats
    Some weather protection in winter or rain but I do like nature, spring-fall and prefer no doors during that time
    Plow
    Some ability to haul stuff
    Ability to tow

Bonus items:
    Pto
    3 point hitch
    Dump
    Roadworthy

In the end, 1963 cj5
    Pto (run my sawmill)
    plow
    (it had a 3 pt hitch in past life, first owner used to post hole dig as fence contractor ) will add it in future
    Soft top

Overall nearly same size as rtv1100 (bit more narrow and bit more ground clearance with the 32”$ so great on my swampy trails where we have a good deal of standing water (generally less than 18”)
    Same length, quiet, reasonable to fix/repair, road worthy is trade off for dump in the end. It may not be for everyone but for a few thousand, I am happy.

--
    ^ I like it! Cool PTO on the back too...

How is that PTO fed??

Too bad the engine is so big you won't be able to get your fingers in there
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by plastikosmd View Post
    Neighbor has an rtv1100. Fun machine for around our property here.
    My first reaction after borrowing it was wow=LOUD inside. Having had a gator I liked the rear for carrying stuff (saws, shooting bags, wood etc) but I hardly utilized the “dump” feature.
    I preferred to haul gravel/dirt/debris in my dump trailer (maybe I was “overprotective.”) Anyway, flipped the gator for a dozer and began to look. I didn’t see the value (for me) in a 23k++w plow/options. Used were still overpriced.

Begin to analyze what I exactly wanted/ needed.

4wd
    Easy to repair
    Reliable
    2 seats
    Some weather protection in winter or rain but I do like nature, spring-fall and prefer no doors during that time
    Plow
    Some ability to haul stuff
    Ability to tow

Bonus items:
    Pto
    3 point hitch
    Dump
    Roadworthy

In the end, 1963 cj5
    Pto (run my sawmill)
    plow
    (it had a 3 pt hitch in past life, first owner used to post hole dig as fence contractor ) will add it in future
    Soft top

Overall nearly same size as rtv1100 (bit more narrow and bit more ground clearance with the 32”$ so great on my swampy trails where we have a good deal of standing water (generally less than 18”)
    Same length, quiet, reasonable to fix/repair, road worthy is trade off for dump in the end. It may not be for everyone but for a few thousand, I am happy.

Awesome! I love the logic!

I'm going to buy a UTV (you've never heard me say that before ever) when I get to NY. I'm gonna get one of those Honda Big Reds. I'll have a full cab on it with heat and it's going to be for utility purposes around the property, but also so much more than that. I'll be able to travel around town via the woods even in the extreme cold, and non-riders who come to visit can drive the UTV. Literally anyone could drive it, even my mom. Anyone who comes to visit will come out on the trails or they're just not going to see me much, haha.

Also like you Plasticos, I'm going to need something to move snow and work as well. I'm planning on getting a small Kubota for that.

I love the jeep! Nice score!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Thx!
    The big red utv look sweet!

Dirt, pto is driven off of the tcase (I believe). I got a bit to learn. Just had it out in the mud.

--

Well, today I played with my rod....after I got done watching videos of "Stacy's Mom" and Sloopy".

--
    oops...that was missing the rest of my text.

Got it in the mail today and am going to use it on my YZ250 for a brake rod. It is aluminum with aluminum rod ends and weighs .3 lbs less than the stock steel one, plus it looks way cooler.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post

Well, today I played with my rod....after I got done watching videos of "Stacy's Mom" and Sloopy".

Good one....Stacy's mom

--
    ^^ Nice jeep plastik. There might be a 2 or 3 grove pulley on the rear of the pto too? I've heard of welders and generators being run in the rear compartment with an access hole cut out for the belt. That thing is in pretty nice condition; I challenge the few thousand part, my guess is 8-10K :-). Regardless it looks like a very nice rig!

I learned this the hard way too: If you have kids around who like to play in the vehicles always check to make sure they didn't put the pto in gear. It's just a small hinged gate that stops the lever from moving. I lost the hook from my winch at a car show from my 52' Ford M38CDN. Check, check and check again!
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

--
    I'm not a jeep guy, but that is way handier than a rtv. I use to plow snow with a diesel one, it was decent but I agree it was loud in cab. That keep looks clean as a pin!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //