//ArrowChat Code
Page 176 of 306 FirstFirst ... 76 126 166 174 175 176 177 178 186 226 276 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 4587

Thread: What are you doing today? Thread

--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_381742536005626.jpeg 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	258332
    Took in this nice little 110 on a trade for a bit of labor on a 200. All stock, great seat and pan, rubber still in the chain guard, OEM exhaust.
    Pulled the carb after getting the stuck slide out, pretty varnished up but I want to keep it so after I pick up a used pan because my lovely wife busted me trying to use hers I'll boil it and stick in a kit. Checked for spark that's all good. Tank needs a little cleaning but it's in great shape, no holes or dents.
    I think this one will be a keeper for the grandkids. I have a original 74 70 I was going to trade with but at this point I think I'll just sell the 70 out right.
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Today I spent a couple hours on my 1974 Kawi 90 G3SS-D determining for certain why it smoked so much and ran like crap. After I first got it running, it wouldn't idle and had a flat spot/hesitation right off the bottom, so I cleaned out the restricted pilot jet and it ran perfectly but smoked a lot. The previous owner was running premix in it even though it had 2 stroke oil in the reservoir, so I tested the oil pump and found it was working so I put straight gas in it and tightened a loose injector fitting and checked the gearbox oil level and it was very low, so I filled it up then drove it.

The thing smoked a bazillion times more AND would miss excessively above 1/2 throttle, so I plugged the injector and ran premix at 40:1 and it did the same thing, so my next plan was to drain the gearbox oil and run it for a few minutes to determine if it was sucking oil from there, and sure enough, after I drained, it today, it hauled ass and ran flawlessly. I then removed the clutch cover planning to replace the right crank seal and the clutch that was slipping a little and noticed that the 0 ring that goes between the injector fitting on the rotary valve cover and the clutch cover was missing, so this is definitely one place it was sucking oil from because the clutch hurls oil at this connection like Niagra Falls.

I also needed to replace the kick starter shaft because it was broken when I bought it but it came with replacement parts, and when I pulled the cover off, I saw that the kick starter gear was inside the friggen engine case, so I took it all apart and will split the cases in a day or so and fix it.

Here's a photo of one of these for those that are curious as to what they look like. Mine is the same color and year as this one and they only have a 4 speed trans but will rev to around 9,000 rpm and will do over 65 mph. You can also wheelie with not much effort.

--
    Ummmmmm, never seen a 90. Looks like the kz model. I wonder if that is what the larger ones were based off.
    Back in the days we all had Kawasaki and then everyone switched to Sportsters. I like it.

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by DAM shop View Post
    Ummmmmm, never seen a 90. Looks like the kz model. I wonder if that is what the larger ones were based off.
    I like it.
    Do you mean the MC1 M 90

--
    ...or perhaps something even more fun and more dangerous like the KD100

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    Do you mean the MC1 M 90

Nope thats not what I mean. I mean that the paltform of that bike looks the same as a KZ model's just making a comparison is all. That elongated tank is the classic look of the kz models..

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    So had a chance to work on this little bueaty today. Someone did a fine job in caring for it over the years. Some pretty simple checks, adjustments and few other little things the thing rides great. No smoke good idle, no oil leaks. Grandkids are gonna love this. Going to paint the rims, paint the tank new OEM sticker and emblems all the way around and this will be a keeper.

Name:	IMG_20190503_173459198.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	258381
    Last edited by DAM shop; 05-04-2019 at 10:55 AM.

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DAM shop View Post
    So had a chance to work on this little bueaty today. Someone did a fine job in caring for it over the years. Some pretty simple checks, adjustments and few other little things the thing rides great. No smoke good idle, no oil leaks. Grandkids are gonna love this. Going to paint the rims, paint the tank new OEM sticker and emblems all the way around and this will be a keeper.
    I have been told by someone here that if there's no photos, it never happened.

--
    ...or perhaps something even more fun and more dangerous like the KD100

God dang that photo brings back memories. One of the first bikes I ever modified. Armed with nothing more than the tool kit that came with my YZ 80 (made of high grade Japanese margarine) and the ability to convince my buddy that his dad wouldn’t mind us disassembling the engine, after all, my subscription to Dirt Bike magazine made me a full fledged mechanic at the age of 14. We pulled the head and took it down with a flat file, hogged out the carbon filled pipe with a hand drill and some sort of woodworking bit, dropped the needle and raised the float (I have no idea why).

It ran like a raped ape afterwards. He still brings it up every time I run into him.
    It sucks to get old

--

Not sure why, maybe so they float. Enjoy your day!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd110 View Post

Not sure why, maybe so they float. Enjoy your day!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cool idea! I wooden have thought of that. Who floated that idea past you? If you decide to commercialize them, remember that the key is to branch out as quickly as possible, leaf the competition behind and lock down the market.
    It sucks to get old

--
    I have been told by someone here that if there's no photos, it never happened.

Name:	IMG_20190503_173459198.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	258380
    You are correct Barns

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    Today, with the help of a 2 gardeners, I filled up a 5' high trailer with weeds and an old gazebo and an old jacuzzi, then I bought some gas for my YZ465 for a race tomorrow, and then I bought me a fairly rare (at the moment) 2015 water cooled BMW R1200RTP police bike (shotgun rack included) from my computer while doing online bidding with an auction. It was a very good day to say the least.

--
    Set up delivery for new (to me) dozer coming in am

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    Yeah but do you own an `86 or`87 Kawasuckme Tecate .........the only "thing" ever developed by Barnski ?............huh huh Barnski ?..........like why would`nt you ?
    ummmm...no cuz I cain't afford one unless you make me a smokin deal on yerz.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //