//ArrowChat Code
Page 183 of 308 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 181 182 183 184 185 193 233 283 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 4609

Thread: What are you doing today? Thread

6bt is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    Nice work on the barn...... Can I store some of my stuff in there?... Haha!!!
    Unfortunately I could probably fill it to the brim if I parked everything I own in there lol. Here's my living room..3 bikes. 2 more in the master bedroom and my 650r was living in the spare bedroom all winter.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

--
    Please tell me you are not married?
    If u are, I need your wife to talk to mine

--
    Quote Originally Posted by plastikosmd View Post
    Looks great

I think we have the same lift and possibly the same tractor disease. My advise, stay away from dozers! (Heavy, expensive and they multiply like rabbits)
    I had a jd 420c, jd350 and case 350 before I bought this place.

Love tractors as well..not pictured is a Kubota B9200, '47 Jd B and a white 2-65 mfwd. The B followed me home on a skid steer deal, and who doesn't love an old popper?

--
    Please tell me you are not married?
    If u are, I need your wife to talk to mine
    I am lol. She's pretty understanding and moving in shortly, hence the bikes moving out to the barn. If she talks to your wife, she might get ideas that all of this is a problem lol.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190504_123011317.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	259223

--
    Amen, thx for pics

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    REED VALVE TEST REPORT

And the verdict is....there is no verdict yet.

I was a bit under the weather today so I couldn't go 100%, but I still got in enough testing to determine that it is at the very least not any slower, lol.

As far as increasing the power, it seemed to gain a very small amount at around 3500 rpm and a bit more in the higher rpm range, but nowhere near the 9 hp that the guy that dynoed his bike got, however, he did not use a reed spacer, so it is possible that even though the reeds block the rear boost port a bit, the 465's will still have more power without the spacer.

One thing it did do was start up easier than it typically does, however, starting with this pig is hit and miss (usually miss), so I can't draw any conclusions yet as to whether these changes make it start easier. I should know after next week when I'm gonna have to start the fkr five friggen times. If they do, then that alone makes it worth the trouble and expense to do these mods.

--
    Spark Plugs in the Ford and tire changes on the yard trailer. (HF changer from scrapyard with some rectangular tube welded on to slide on a fork for stability)

--
    That Ford needs it's own thread.
    It sucks to get old

--
    As long as the thread is close to a gas station
    Although with the recent change from the 1150 dominator to the FAST fuel injection system, mileage more than doubled! (2.5 mpg to 6ish)

--
    Spark Plugs in the Ford and tire changes on the yard trailer. (HF changer from scrapyard with some rectangular tube welded on to slide on a fork for stability)

Love that forklift. Just missed a Clark tow behind forklift with large tires.

--
    Today i am tearing down a junk 185S engine. I will sandblast the case parts and reassembly an empty carcass giving me a clean (very light and easy to handle) mock-up motor for future "Mad Scientist Lair" build threads. I have a couple things I want to build using 200cc engines.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    Old Saybrook CT. Fenway point.

Got to the halfway point on the field stone driveway. Need another 20 ton of stone to finish this job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    That Ford needs it's own thread.
    ......x2 please
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    As long as the thread is close to a gas station
    Although with the recent change from the 1150 dominator to the FAST fuel injection system, mileage more than doubled! (2.5 mpg to 6ish)
    Damn, your stroker is THIRSTY!

My 79 stock 460 4x4 got 8mpg on a good day.

I had a Quick Fuel 750 Slayer on it and had thought of getting the Brawler, but that kind of mpg % increase with FI has me intrigued for sure. My addition of the new aluminum heads, long tube headers, and aluminum intake should shave some weight and help fuel economy/performance. I want to keep my AC which will rob some power all by itself so I'll need to compensate elsewhere

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Will do yaegerb!
    I kept the AC and PS/PB etc also. To make it easy I went with a sonic cleared D0VE block for the stroker and opened up the iron heads 2.25/1.76 and 30 hrs of porting. They flow well, I didn’t go with aluminum at the time for driving/reliability but maybe I will change it up.

Torquey thing, ripped out 1st set of engine mounts so we chained it to the frame. It has also twisted some drive shafts so now I have some custom f450 shafts. It ate the original limited slip rear so now a locker in the D60. I think I am on my 3rd transmission/converter combo.

One other mistake was not tapping in the freeze plugs. I Stomped on it after build and it blew out 3 plugs. So out came the motor so we could tap in solid plugs. That should stiffened up the block.

I think I need some valve seals as I’m getting a puff on starting. Compression test is 5% or less(can’t remember)

Right now the electronic header cut outs are messing up 02 sensor for FAST during “learning” mode. This is messing up the idle a bit. It runs well in default closed loop mode =more troubleshooting.

We also kept the original twin tanks so that lead to a great deal of plumbing and switches. It was nice to get rid of the frame rail pump and go back to in-tank pumps(quieter.)
    Definitely an adventure
    Last edited by plastikosmd; 07-10-2019 at 03:02 PM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //