//ArrowChat Code
Page 189 of 306 FirstFirst ... 89 139 179 187 188 189 190 191 199 239 289 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 4587

Thread: What are you doing today? Thread

--
    Just got home from opening weekend of duck hunting... Buddy and I brought home 23 ducks and one goose
    No trikes. Too old, too crippled. Unless I find one I can't live without!
    "You cant fix stupid" ~ Ron White
    My feeback link: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ack-for-Thorpe

--
    Are the steel pellets an issue
    Just curious

--
    That’s awesome! Mallards? Mixed bag? I sure do miss hunting.

--
    On ferry going to get new boat, then a 100mile trip back to home (at 17knt)

--
    So got it home. Was a bit more than a 100mile run. 2300rpm (didn’t touch throttle for 6.5 hrs.) Seas went from 1-2 after about 3 hrs to 4-5++ for last 3.5. Boat handled it great. Fuel burn was around 10 gph. It was much better, early in trip but seas got tougher.
    Background:
    I have always liked Novi/Downeast style. First boat was a Midland 19 foot. The admiral and I had a lot of adventures. We outgrew the CC and moved into a Parker 2520DV. In my quest for more fish and bigger catches we steadily moved the boat further south and east until we were on the sound/ocean and out of protected Narragansett Bay. This led to some consternation from the admiral as the increase and seas lead to some discomfort on her part. (More profanity than nausea.) We also began to appreciate/desire some comforts as we have gotten older. Thus began thesearch for a downeast or Downeast “style” boat with a combination of cruising and fishing capabilities. I began my investigation through local brokers and the Internet. I joined several forums and lurked for information. I reviewed every “downeast” boats on yachtbroker. This provided me 50 or 60 individual makers to focus. Putting aside individual biases I was able to glean a list of wants/needs and coupled that with functionality I wanted.

I needed a boat that could easily be captained by one person (65% usage) yet comfortable for 2 ( 30% usage and we like our space) and expandablity for 4-6 for fishing (5%.)

Eventually, I came across the Albin 31te. Factory downeast “style” boat, (132+/- produced over 14 year+/- period.)

Albin had the right look and function. The marketing slogan of a “fishing machine for the cruising family” was dead on. The 31te was a “BIG” 31. My list seemed a perfect match diesel, single preferred (twin considered), sea capabilities, comfort, 2 berth, no flybridge, cruise comfort in cabin(couch etc) galley/head/shower, Fishing set up including Downriggers, live bait well and fish storage/tackle storage.
    Bonus Things (that could be added later) AC, genset/solar, updated electronics.

As I was not looking for a project = a well-documented and well cared for Boat was key.

The people that I interacted with on the albin forum were consummate professionals, willing to provide information and pictures/sea trials if I desired.

I made several inquiries regarding the 31te and quickly saw that the boats do not last long.

An Albin forum member reached out to me. He was considering selling but was still well invested in his boat and wanted to see if I was serious. (He was more than happy to keep it.) I was serious and willing to factor in his care and upgrades.

In relatively short order, we met/took a sea trial/spent several hours together and settled on a deal. Both of us couldn’t be happier. The ride sold the admiral. She negotiated and closed the deal.

Seaquel:
    1996 31te
    3126 cat 420hp
    Thuster
    Ac
    3k inverter
    2016-2018 electronics
    (To many creature comforts to list)
    Repainted, rebuilt, reconditioned and maintained.
    My independent Survey was A+(dry hull/stringers and mechanically perfect)
    Boat is well documented including yearly commissioning, haul out and general maintenance since owned. Oil survey every year since owned and it duplicated mine as perfect.

There will be some small changes made and some small things to do.

Pics to follow

--

--

--
    Quote Originally Posted by plastikosmd View Post
    Are the steel pellets an issue
    Just curious
    Just for the ducks!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    That’s awesome! Mallards? Mixed bag? I sure do miss hunting.
    Mallard, merganser, wood ducks, teal and ringnecks

--
    Just picked up my $100 FB Marketplace score:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190924_173539.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	507.6 KB 
ID:	260075

Some surface rust, but in surprisingly very good shape, especially for the price!

--
    U stole it, nice

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. 250R View Post
    Just picked up my $100 FB Marketplace score:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190924_173539.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	507.6 KB 
ID:	260075

Some surface rust, but in surprisingly very good shape, especially for the price!
    I spent more $$ tonight for dinner for 4 than you did on that trailer. ..........good job!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by plastikosmd View Post
    So got it home. Was a bit more than a 100mile run. 2300rpm (didn’t touch throttle for 6.5 hrs.) Seas went from 1-2 after about 3 hrs to 4-5++ for last 3.5. Boat handled it great. Fuel burn was around 10 gph. It was much better, early in trip but seas got tougher.
    Background:
    I have always liked Novi/Downeast style. First boat was a Midland 19 foot. The admiral and I had a lot of adventures. We outgrew the CC and moved into a Parker 2520DV. In my quest for more fish and bigger catches we steadily moved the boat further south and east until we were on the sound/ocean and out of protected Narragansett Bay. This led to some consternation from the admiral as the increase and seas lead to some discomfort on her part. (More profanity than nausea.) We also began to appreciate/desire some comforts as we have gotten older. Thus began thesearch for a downeast or Downeast “style” boat with a combination of cruising and fishing capabilities. I began my investigation through local brokers and the Internet. I joined several forums and lurked for information. I reviewed every “downeast” boats on yachtbroker. This provided me 50 or 60 individual makers to focus. Putting aside individual biases I was able to glean a list of wants/needs and coupled that with functionality I wanted.

I needed a boat that could easily be captained by one person (65% usage) yet comfortable for 2 ( 30% usage and we like our space) and expandablity for 4-6 for fishing (5%.)

Eventually, I came across the Albin 31te. Factory downeast “style” boat, (132+/- produced over 14 year+/- period.)

Albin had the right look and function. The marketing slogan of a “fishing machine for the cruising family” was dead on. The 31te was a “BIG” 31. My list seemed a perfect match diesel, single preferred (twin considered), sea capabilities, comfort, 2 berth, no flybridge, cruise comfort in cabin(couch etc) galley/head/shower, Fishing set up including Downriggers, live bait well and fish storage/tackle storage.
    Bonus Things (that could be added later) AC, genset/solar, updated electronics.

As I was not looking for a project = a well-documented and well cared for Boat was key.

The people that I interacted with on the albin forum were consummate professionals, willing to provide information and pictures/sea trials if I desired.

I made several inquiries regarding the 31te and quickly saw that the boats do not last long.

An Albin forum member reached out to me. He was considering selling but was still well invested in his boat and wanted to see if I was serious. (He was more than happy to keep it.) I was serious and willing to factor in his care and upgrades.

In relatively short order, we met/took a sea trial/spent several hours together and settled on a deal. Both of us couldn’t be happier. The ride sold the admiral. She negotiated and closed the deal.

Seaquel:
    1996 31te
    3126 cat 420hp
    Thuster
    Ac
    3k inverter
    2016-2018 electronics
    (To many creature comforts to list)
    Repainted, rebuilt, reconditioned and maintained.
    My independent Survey was A+(dry hull/stringers and mechanically perfect)
    Boat is well documented including yearly commissioning, haul out and general maintenance since owned. Oil survey every year since owned and it duplicated mine as perfect.

There will be some small changes made and some small things to do.

Pics to follow
    I've been getting the boat itch lately. Had one about 20 years ago slipped in the marina. Never really appreciated it at the time.

But now I'm older and would like a "condo on the water".....nothing huge but big enough for 2 or 3 couples. My old 27 ft cabin cruiser was kinda enough but a little bigger would be ideal.

I know the phrase..."if it flys floats or fuks rent it"...but I never learn

--
    Agreed, constant maintenance and cost associated with the boat especially on salt water.

In all honesty my wife would probably prefer us just to charter for occasional fishing but I really enjoy going down and working on the boat. In addition as I get older I also expect I will be using it more.
    Made a deal with the wife to sell the toy car to upgrade to this boat.
    Choice and compromises

--
    More rock wall work

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //