//ArrowChat Code
Page 203 of 308 FirstFirst ... 103 153 193 201 202 203 204 205 213 253 303 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 4608

Thread: What are you doing today? Thread

--
    Quote Originally Posted by plastikosmd View Post
    I think some of the movement is also based on the cut (quarter sawn vs?)
    U are right , I probably spent too much time making something straight that is gonna crack and bow.
    You’re talking over my head about the cuts, but I do remember cutting up some maple as a kid and wanting to make a cutting board for my mom only to find out that my unseasoned strips twisted up like pretzels as they dried.

--
    Finished my hinson wanna be blaster clutch basket. OEM cushions were bad, and so was the OEM plastic gasket. I ordered some .020 500 degree chemical resistant shim stock and traced. New Banshee polly cushion, modded the basket and backing plate for 5/16" counter sunk screw and loctited it all together with red. Non servisable item they say.

--
    Ok back to the jeep aka “perpetual patina”
    Started working on the hydraulic pump. The prior rubber coupling was destroyed and there is no NOS. My Google food wasn’t working well and I couldn’t really find anything that I could substitute well so I dug through my pile of “treasures.”
    Some sort of tag sale find??? 6 inch sanding disc (I don’t own a tool for this.) The rubber seemed to be a close match. The disc was only certified for 3000 RPM but that is at 6 inches not 4 inches (which I cut it down to.) Once it was cut to 4 inches the thickness seem to be appropriate but I had to place the holes for the coupling to the hydraulic pump and the slots for the crank pulley.

Will see how it goes. (Old part is one w zip tie holding it together for measurements.)

--
    Finished my kids atv storage in the garage. Made some 8’ ramps with 2x8s and some ramp clips from amazon. Bought a 1500lb 120v electric winch from Harbor freight to pull them up there cause I don’t wanna. Feels pretty legit. Bolted to the house walls with 1/4” lags and has supports under all four corners and one in the middle on a hinge in the front. About 350$ spent plus my labor (free) I’m happy. Clears up a lot of space for other activities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

--
    Quote Originally Posted by plastikosmd View Post
    Ok back to the jeep aka “perpetual patina”
    Started working on the hydraulic pump. The prior rubber coupling was destroyed and there is no NOS. My Google food wasn’t working well and I couldn’t really find anything that I could substitute well so I dug through my pile of “treasures.”
    Some sort of tag sale find??? 6 inch sanding disc (I don’t own a tool for this.) The rubber seemed to be a close match. The disc was only certified for 3000 RPM but that is at 6 inches not 4 inches (which I cut it down to.) Once it was cut to 4 inches the thickness seem to be appropriate but I had to place the holes for the coupling to the hydraulic pump and the slots for the crank pulley.

Will see how it goes. (Old part is one w zip tie holding it together for measurements.)

Very creative! Were you able to cut it slow enough to keep it from melting and smelling up your shop?

If by chance it doesn’t hold I recall seeing some old couplers on steering wheel shafts that appeared to have been made using two steel plates and sandwiching a piece of a tire or snowmobile track rubber between them.

--

What are you doing today? Thread

Pulling a couple of US90s out of long term storage. Don’t worry that one tire was junk before I put it away.

Last edited by sledcrazyinCT; 02-09-2020 at 07:52 PM.

--
    Does anyone make a repop of those tires?

--
    I want a us90!

Got the pump in, all plumbed but shaft seal leaking like a sieve. Lift does function though.
    Pump out and starting the rebuild.

Also scrapyard gloat today. 10pc 18”x42” 1/4 plate, 2 40” pieces of 3/16 channel and 2 10”x40” 1/8 plate
    600# or so, 250$
    Not a steal but online prices are well over 1500$ plus ship

--
    I put a top end on a blaster after dinner on kitchen table. Now trying to decide if I want to buy a project warrior to rob parts for a new build. All our animals passed away this week so I'm thinking just buy more junk to keep mind 9ff anything. I don't even like warriors.

--
    You know Doc you have some of the most unique skills and hobbies.
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    I put a top end on a blaster after dinner on kitchen table.
    The worst thing about rebuilding an engine on the kitchen table is when you finish and there's leftovers.

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    The worst thing about rebuilding an engine on the kitchen table is when you finish and there's leftovers.
    Ha! Kitchen table.......leftovers.........
    I usually don't mind leftovers.....but not in this case

--
    table get whiped down each night. I build a wooden case holder fiture to set motors in and keep the contents on. $200 warrior roller im chewing on if i should buy with bottomend only...its so cheap i mjust wanna save it but dont need it. i need a 250x/300ex axle!

--
    Did a sewer repair yesterday, about 10' deep. Got down to it and found a broke cleanout, cut it out of the way, inspected the uphill side of the line, clay pipe, ended up having to go about 12' back into the guys driveway to get to solid pipe I could hook onto and be confident about.

Been busy with other stuff like rebuilding my fourtrax 300, picked up a couple 70's, selling 1 building the other, I think anyhow!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20200212_114204.jpg  

--
    Damn u guys busy!
    (Agree el, I’m odd)

Old: so sorry to hear about loss of animals, only way to get over is to get more!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //