//ArrowChat Code
Page 207 of 308 FirstFirst ... 107 157 197 205 206 207 208 209 217 257 307 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 4609

Thread: What are you doing today? Thread

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Did you try a torch and wet rag at all?
    That whole left side got the torch treatment (where its blue). It helped, but it's bending 3x3x.500 angle I put in as the flange to bolt up against the wall for it, so there is a shitload of tension and draw on the thing. I have about 1/4inch worth of bow back towards the middle on that angle. I started with .250 and it was worse and I was like well hell I'll fix this. I can't believe it still bowed the .500 that much. That whole left corner was really effed up. I should have maybe left this piece alone, but there is a good reason I used the other half when I made the first one...

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Golightly View Post
    That whole left side got the torch treatment (where its blue). It helped, but it's bending 3x3x.500 angle I put in as the flange to bolt up against the wall for it, so there is a shitload of tension and draw on the thing. I have about 1/4inch worth of bow back towards the middle on that angle. I started with .250 and it was worse and I was like well hell I'll fix this. I can't believe it still bowed the .500 that much. That whole left corner was really effed up. I should have maybe left this piece alone, but there is a good reason I used the other half when I made the first one...
    If there is reasonable access a chain and bottle jack combined with a torch might be the way to get the results you want.

You know how usually you have to account for a lot spring-back when you use just a jack, or clamps? Well if you can force the bent material into position with clamping and then heat it in various locations along the stress line (red lines about 1/2” wide and 2” long if your working on a bent angle iron, spaced about 6 to 12” apart depending how tight the bend is) it only springs back a fraction of what it normally would without the torch. A few well-placed blows with a between the heated points along the arc that you’re trying to get to close as the heated spots cool can also help.

You can also dab the wet rag on the side opposite to the heating as you move along. Just so we’re clear, you are heating the edge that you want to make bigger and cooling and ing the edge that you want to make smaller.

It works so well that I would advise you not to over- bend the angle at all on your first try as it might not come back on you at all. You can always make a second run, but if you do it’s better not to reuse the points that you heated the first time, use virgin areas whenever possible.

If I’m understanding your post correctly it’s the angle iron you’re fighting, so if you get that straightened out any deviations in a plate will be a lot easier to deal with later.

I hope this makes sense.
    Last edited by El Camexican; 03-03-2020 at 09:54 AM.

--
    Finished up another set of little league dugout roofs. These were behind the high school/middle school while school was open, I learned something though, all the laws about kids not buying smokes hasn’t changed a thing... back in my high school yrs I figure about 20-30 of us hung just off school property to have a smoke before school (hang out). Ok maybe a little of that wacky tobacco too I caught a large group smoking every day while there, actually a couple teachers too on there break at odd times during the day. It’s funny how nothing’s changed...
    I got to try out my new generator too, think I spent $400 on it (inverter generator) a couple quick oil changes, a magnetic oil dipstick and she purred along all 7 days, I bought the inverter type cause supposedly it’s clean power is safe for charging lithium type batteries. I kind of roped it into the bill so I didn’t actually pay anything for it...it powered an air compressor and skill saw without any hickups.
    They hired someone to put metal roofs on these when I’m gone, a rubber ice/water layer and I was done.
    So two different school committee acceptance letters and a Cory check was needed for this job. Glad it’s done cuz school bus traffic is not fun....and lots of mud everything had to be carried 300ft across the field by hand.
    Definetly feeling old after this job,
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	59A90CE9-6245-4850-8434-EA020C287D13.jpeg 
Views:	5 
Size:	825.5 KB 
ID:	261867 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	96AE2B68-4ADD-4A0D-9DD1-EC33EC74DF1B.jpeg 
Views:	5 
Size:	922.2 KB 
ID:	261868 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04741E86-FAB6-4684-BAAA-EED8FF7AFABD.jpeg 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	261869

Name:	B1062FBA-3674-46CB-A313-07CF8F91A7D2.jpeg 
Size:	2.66 MB 
ID:	261870 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BCB07B86-9B55-489C-855F-D0EA104CEF1D.jpeg 
Size:	2.05 MB 
ID:	261871

The generator is I guess a China one but hey if it works it works.

Shep

--
    doing my daily sell of or buy of stocks to limit distruction on my money part. Next maybe tool ebay for some parts. Spring is comming too soon here in PA...i mean like a month too soon!

--
    Gold, gold, gold. That’s all you need to know when the market tanks.

I decided to farm out some of the work on this thing. Didn’t realize just how beat to hell it was until I started looking at it closely. They had to pull a warp out of it with a bottle jack and as you can see the front is going to need a lot of plastic as heating, or Dent popping with a puller isn’t an option with the insulation. I welded some holes up last weekend and a lot of smoke and fumes were coming out.

Name:	C8B6D93D-BCFB-4DA3-BD2B-9B456267A289.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	261881

It’s hard to tell in the photo, but the stainless steel liner came out really nice. I think I’m going to go with white paint and red letters instead of traditional red with white letters.

Name:	5992E597-7C4E-4507-8127-F4963BDB54F5.jpg 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	261882

--
    Ok arms installed, just need to add stabilizer links

--

What are you doing today? Thread

Finally had a chance to get back to the 70. New top end, the exhaust was frozen to the head so we decided to sacrifice the already bad head instead of the exhaust. Need a lead on a oversized piston, rings and oem head. We possibly have a lead on a used head.

I can’t upload photos for some reason?

Last edited by DAM shop; 03-08-2020 at 07:16 AM.
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    Found a new mower for the property today. Got a couple other goodies not pictured. Have to go pick items up tomorrow. Brother and I drove my Henry half ton without trailer.

--
    Grabbed some more wood for the Peterson sawmill, pine and oak

--
    I'm driving 2 hrs to buy this.....
    MrC.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    mrc_builds on YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmw...confirmation=1

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

mrc_builds saves trikes like Jimmy Swaggart saved souls back in the day -said Patriot1

--
    Made a petcock (plastic) with a hole in the middle
    I know odd huh....
    Yes it has a purpose
    Shep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--

:)

Working from home.

--
    Fun woods guns (611 =22wmr)
    I was checking how one shot vs the other. One was scoped but I preferred the more nimble open sighted one so off came there glass.

they seemed to like the 30g poly tip hornady

1-1.5” at 50y, seated without rest.
    Seemed good enough

--
    My uncle sold his house and property and now lives in the lift of his commercial building. Hes old, well off, and very very over analytical. He definitely makes a mountain out of a moke hill. He takes care of his mom, 95 years old, but with the new virus epidemic he is keeping his distance. Hes wanted a decent bathroom for his apartment in the shop for the last 3 years, but he doesn't really know what he wants so Its hard for me to help him out. But today I hooked up a new water heater, sink and counter top, a corner shower, and a shiney new toilet. Old hermit was tickled pink. He tried paying me, but i cant take his money. Plus i inherit everything he has when hes gone, not that i want him to go anywhere.

--
    Going to be restricted from lifting For the next six weeks so I had to go grab this from the scrap yard. I need a little cordwood saw to restore to put on the back of the Jeep

Looks like blade was maintained by KWS, Doesn’t appear that they’re still in business

Can’t make out the blade sticker

Boston gear gearbox drive via triple belt and dealer sticker

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //