//ArrowChat Code
Page 220 of 308 FirstFirst ... 120 170 210 218 219 220 221 222 230 270 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 4608

Thread: What are you doing today? Thread

--
    LiL 2020. Ladies in Leather motorcycle rally in Texarkana.

No, get yer heads out of the gutter. It's a motorcycle rally for women riders to get together and show the presence of female riders and that they can also rack some pipes off. Dang, that didn't sound good either. For sure, it was impressive and inspirational.

They made their way down to the Texarkana courthouse, which is on the Texas, Arkansas state line. I got me a seat right there and watched them all roll by, crossing from the Texas side, to Arkansas.

All kinds of bikes and trikes. Also, all kinds of women, from all over the country. Maybe some from outside the US.

https://www.ladiesinleatherparade.com/

I rode my XL600R out there. The battery, regulator/rectifier is on the fritz again. A few miles past home, the charging voltage jumped from 14.7 to 15.6. I'm sick of it. I've removed the entire harness and made repairs, replaced the stator, reg/rec, and battery. I'm fairly confident the Bike Master batteries are junk, and that's wiping everything else out.

The XL600R has three electrical circuits. The CDI is powered straight from the stator, the headlight is AC powered from the stator (only works when the engine is running), and the taillight, turn signals, instrument lights work on 12v DC. Really, a mess, and not a reliable system. The entire time I've owned this bike, all the major issues have been electrical. It's even failed on me at a stoplight, which I was lucky enough to be two miles to home and able to push it there on the sidewalk. The ignition part of the stator had failed.

I've even been riding it for the past couple months without a headlight, because that portion of the system failed and I had to ride it home in the dark.

P2SFIXER, build some new XL600R wire harnesses!
    Last edited by ATC King; 09-12-2020 at 10:42 PM.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    And while he's at it.....a DR650 one too!

Nice pic. There's some gals in our group that put 60K a year on their bikes. That's a lot of riding

--
    That's not my picture. It's from their website home page that I linked.

I videoed the parade as it went around the courthouse, which is literally on the Arkansas - Texas state line. There's a sign there which is in a lot of tourist pictures.

Also, not my picture:
    https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texarkana_(Arkansas)

--
    Neighbor dropped this in my garage in pieces a month back. Said he only used it once before it stopped working and gave up trying to fix it. Switch was cut out of it and there were wires bridging the cord to the motor.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4637ED33-02FA-4EA5-9F5E-71557042CF73.jpeg 
Views:	11 
Size:	169.6 KB 
ID:	264325

Turns out the chain brake was on. That’s it. Tripped it back, soldered in some new wires and replaced a few screws that’s were missing.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Neighbor dropped this in my garage in pieces a month back.
    I had a job testing electric chainsaws. We'd go to a location, drag the generator around, cut some trees down, set the short sections up on some cradles and cut slices all day.

After so many hours, the saws were disassembled (not by us) and inspected/electrically test. Sometimes we'd get short logs to cut on at the factory, but not often. I worked on the assembly line before that job. I was a teenager then. There was a program that let high school kids work on the electric side of the factory. I also had a job at a plastic molding factory, where I ran the injection molding machines to make plastic parts, including the housings for electric chainsaws.

Later on, I was a gas saw tester, which was just running and setting the carbs on new saws off the assembly line, which I also worked on before that.

I've got some electric saws still around here. One is the Euro version for 220 volts, which I've never used.
    Last edited by ATC King; 09-16-2020 at 09:48 PM.

--
    A friend with a DR650 asked me to look at, to find a ringing noise. He said it sounded like a washer rattling around when he rode over bumps or a rough road.

Turns out, it actually was a washer. There's supposed to be a bump stop, one of those rubber type bumpers, on the shock shaft that softens the blow if bottoming out. It was gone, adios, dasvidaniya.

That's what got me to looking at that area. I looked, and there seemed to be a washer laying in the bottom of the spring cup. I put a pencil magnet through the spring coils, and sure enough, a big ol' washer was loosely sitting in there.

The shock has to come out of the bike to fix it, regardless. So...I think he's looking at a shock upgrade.

A good of reason as any, to plunk down on a fancy aftermarket shock. I serviced the forks on it earlier this year, new seals, wipers and boots, along with a good cleaning and fresh oil.

--
    The Elco has just been sitting in the garage catching dust for some time.....so I decided to start her up and check the leaks and squeaks and she didn't disappoint.

Water pump works but rattles and drips alittle....and the valve cover gaskets are acting like they're not even there. Good thing is is that everything is so flipping easy to get to.... reminds me of the times when working on cars was easy and there was space galore. She'll get cleaned up and the issues addressed.

Name:	20200927_121457.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	264435Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200927_121518.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	264436Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200927_121603.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	264437Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200927_121526.jpg 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	264438

--
    Today i finished this up...well almost. 95% finished i'd call it. Maybe next weekend it will be finished. Not in a rush. I'm stocking up on everything!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Resized_20200924_225122.jpeg  

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    The Elco has just been sitting in the garage catching dust for some time.....so I decided to start her up and check the leaks and squeaks and she didn't disappoint.

Water pump works but rattles and drips alittle....and the valve cover gaskets are acting like they're not even there. Good thing is is that everything is so flipping easy to get to.... reminds me of the times when working on cars was easy and there was space galore. She'll get cleaned up and the issues addressed.

Name:	20200927_121457.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	264435Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200927_121518.jpg 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	264436Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200927_121603.jpg 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	264437Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200927_121526.jpg 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	264438
    Pics of the Elco?

Mom has a 67 with the 327.....love that car.

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Got back from a 2-week vacay thru South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, and Colorado. Really enjoyed the time off and the scenery. Got to do lots of hiking, rented a SxS in the Black Hills, and took a jeep off-roading in Colorado.

Get back and I have an air conditioning compressor motor squealing and a CEL on in my Honda........wife's CEL came on in her Caddy during our trip.
    Pulled the motor out of the outdoor unit and added 3-in-1 oil to the felt pads inside. Quiet as a church mouse now.
    Wife's car is under warranty so that's not my problem (other than taking it to the dealer.)
    Gotta figure out what is wrong with the Honda.

Oh, and come back to work to over 800 emails.

--
    I learned from a dentist today that my mouth needs more work than my checking account will allow.

I'm currently on an Evan Williams 100 proof pain management program. Dentists won't prescribe the good stuff anymore so I can get some sleep, but the liquor store still does.

If I was in Portland, I could've walked in to a pharmacy and helped myself.

--
    Finished this peg board idea up last night. Need to grab a few more posts to hang things on. I'm at local hardware store 3 days a week. Buy what you need is great.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Resized_20200929_162703.jpeg  

stoshu is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Selling some saws and battery packs. Home Depot has a deal right now if you buy a Flexvolt starter kit, they throw in a free saw. $299 plus tax is a great deal for both here in Canada. Picked up 12 kits yesterday morning. Sold the last one around 7:30 last night. Made about $1500 profit. Went out this morning before work and bought every last one in Winnipeg. Need my wife to run another add on that social media site. Probably going to order another 20 sets online. They have free delivery.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6ED56FC9-C96F-423E-892E-838FD831C62F.jpg  

--
    Tooling classifieds for next project...just sold this last night after finishing it up. $3200 for a warrior with kid not even haggling!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12.jpg  

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Arky-X View Post
    Pics of the Elco?

Mom has a 67 with the 327.....love that car.
    It's a 72 with a 71 front end.......so looks like 71. The pic is from April sometime right before we went back to work after quarantine. What's really cool is the grass looks dead in the picture.... Just snapped a picture of the same spot and it looks like all the watering is bringing it back to life. Saint Augustine is some forgiving grass.

Name:	IMG_20161012_134618.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	264573

Name:	20201006_165122.jpg 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	264574

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //