//ArrowChat Code
Page 239 of 308 FirstFirst ... 139 189 229 237 238 239 240 241 249 289 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 4608

Thread: What are you doing today? Thread

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Arky-X View Post
    Work work work
    And work all weekend

The electric grid is nuts right now. Those of you in the midwest from Canadian border down to the Mexican border......don't be surprised if your electricity is out......may already be.
    I filled up fuel cans for the generator a few days ago. It's not like we didn't have time to prepare for this weather at least a week ahead of time. I'm already farther into my half gallon of whiskey than I'd predicted though. It could get ugly if this last past Friday.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    ^Looking at Barnboys post #3563 from OK with the freezing rain followed by a drop in temps, plus this one on electrical issues in AR it seems we're all getting a kick in the gonads by a frozen mukluk. There's a glimmer of hope that this polar vortex will be disappearing this week. Goooooood riddance I say! We're finally going to the plus side of the Fahrenheit scale today which is a bonus. Haven't seen daytime temps north of zero in almost a month.
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    The next 48hrs is not going to get better for our region and it is currently strained as it is. And the regions around us are not much better so there isn't many places to import energy.
    This has been years in the making. Renewables provide low cost energy and has forced retirements of older fossil fueled generators. When the wind ain't blowing and the blades are iced.........not much left to lean on.

--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210215_144457_HDR.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	2.60 MB 
ID:	266703

When it snows like this here, the roads have very little traffic. It makes for a great time, just cruising for miles.

--
    Two burst pipes and a plugged drain so far. It only went down to 25F, 15F on the index thingy, but that’s the coldest I’ve ever experienced in the past 21 years here. The air conditioner heater feature doesn’t work at this temperature, so all we have is the gas stove to keep warm. I’d love to be in a nice warm, insulated Canadian house right now.
    It sucks to get old

--
    School is late tomorrow due to the cold, predicting -39F for wind chill, its very likely they will just close school altogether after they see how cold it actually gets. It's -14F air temp right now, but its calm and no wind chill factor, but by midnight the wind comes and its supposed to be blowing 10-15mph tomorrow morning so that will be fun.

Generator is always on standby with a couple 20lber's of propane, plus the tank on my BBQ and my heater in the garage i always have plenty of propane around to keep things running if the worst happens. I have been meaning for years now to get a larger propane tank for it, but i can get a lot of runtime out of a 20lb tank and its easy to exchange in town at a couple places, and i can rotate them between my heater and BBQ so it's just a convenient size for me.

I bet tomorrow with the cold things will get interesting, been below zero all week, but tomorrow will be the worst yet with the wind chill.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    1984 Honda ATC200ES "Big Red"
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"
    1988 TRX300FW "Project Quad" Still in progress....

wild200x is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Wow, do I feel lucky after reading these last few comments! Here in the Salt Lake area it is "normal". 2 inches of snow overnight. I won't I had to wipe the snow off the wife's care early this morning and move a little snow so she wouldn't run over it. Keep us posted on the cold men, Oh and women if there are any posting. The one who sent me does not seem to have stuck around. LMAO

--
    Watching Arkansas I Drive. It's the public live cameras on Arkansas roads.

https://www.idrivearkansas.com/

I haven't seen any crashes yet, but a whole bunch of idiot driving. People are still speeding/driving too fast for conditions and tailgating as usual.

During inclement weather, traffic fines should double, or even triple. All cars involved in multi-vehicle crashes during weather like this should have the black box info recorded, by law. No ands, ifs, or buts. It's already enough that emergency workers are having to deal with the weather, but if someone is critically injured, there's a much greater chance they'll die before getting assistance or reaching a hospital.

Pure insanity.

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC King View Post

Name:	20210215_144457_HDR.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	2.60 MB 
ID:	266703

When it snows like this here, the roads have very little traffic. It makes for a great time, just cruising for miles.
    Love that pic!
    I am jealous......would love to ride in this stuff like I used to. Plenty of snow to ride in too.....measured 7.5" today.....and more on the way tonight.
    Going to get worse before it gets better.......then the melting begins this weekend.

Wife and I looked at some SxS a few weeks ago and she made a comment how much fun one would be in the snow. I know, not a 3-wheeler but I think she has bought into the idea of hitting the trails so I gave her the option.......SxS or ATV.......she says SxS. Better get one before she changes her mind.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Two burst pipes and a plugged drain so far. It only went down to 25F, 15F on the index thingy, but that’s the coldest I’ve ever experienced in the past 21 years here. The air conditioner heater feature doesn’t work at this temperature, so all we have is the gas stove to keep warm. I’d love to be in a nice warm, insulated Canadian house right now.
    Oh man that's not good! Watch the gas appliances as a heat source, no bueno (probably destroyed that phrase)....... but I'm sure you're all over CO problem. Can you get some good old heat lamp bulbs or high wattage incandesent bulbs, they can give off some heat in the areas where your pipes are if you hoard them in with blankets or whatever.
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

--
    Those traffic cameras are amazing, thanks for posting it.
    I will keep my weather problems to myself......

MrC.
    Ya'll Stay warm
    mrc_builds on YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmw...confirmation=1

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

mrc_builds saves trikes like Jimmy Swaggart saved souls back in the day -said Patriot1

jasong_10 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Wasn't expecting snow this morning, so didn't get up early enough to plow the driveway, but had to plow the driveway, so was late to work. Store was slow all day which made for a really long day. Dropped our taxes off after work but then had to go back to work, then run more errands, then push the banks back in the driveway with the tractor, then plow the driveway again and snowblow the sidewalk. In the house for dinner at 9:00pm, so in short, a rat race, followed by 10.5 hours of boredom, followed by another rat race, lol.
    Jason

85 ATC 250R - restored stock other than 18" rears, nerf bars, Honda key switch, 14T front sprocket, and white tank and plastics (except rad shrouds)

87 ATC 200X - restored stock other than 18" rears and nerf bars

84 TRX 200 - rough but complete budget restore for wife and eventually daughters to bum around on

Eton Viper 50cc - oldest daughter's current ride

BarnBoy is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Yes sir ATC King, I pulled out the rusty trusty 185s and went for a rip yesterday. Rode for miles, through town also and no one bothered me lol. Found some trails/paths and was running 5th gear pinned drifting every corner in the fresh powder. So much fun.

Nico that sucks, id guess the houses in Mexico suck for anything below freezing. Hope you can get the pipes thawed out. I've been lucky here, no frozen pipes but the bathroom at work is completely frozen up, plasma table froze in the shop, diesel gelled in everything. This mornings low was -27°C (-17°F). Coldest I've seen in my time in Oklahoma, and comparable to any cold winter day in Ontario. The truck started but she sure didn't like it...I guess I have an idler pulley bearing going out on the AC belt, it screamed like a mofo till it got warmed up. Once temps climb into the 60s F next week I'll fix that. Lol it's crazy this weather...

Local lakes all frozen over, even big ones like Oologah Lake is completely frozen. Supposed to have another 5-8" of snow tonight on top of the 6" we already have. I dont mind the cold and snow for a bit, reminds me of home and if you dress for it you can enjoy weather everyone else is afraid to go out in.

Name:	20210215_110247.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	2.66 MB 
ID:	266721

Name:	20210215_112953.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	266722

Smaller Lake to the north

Name:	20210215_160125.jpg 
Size:	1.93 MB 
ID:	266723

Name:	IMG_20210216_194114_886.jpg 
Size:	227.8 KB 
ID:	266724

Oologah Lake

Name:	20210216_125222.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	374.9 KB 
ID:	266725
    1984 HONDA ATC200M - OG, mid-restoration
    1981 HONDA ATC200 - future build
    1981 HONDA ATC185S - parts
    1984 ATC200X - roller, future build
    1984 Honda ATC250r - in a million pieces- ISO grab bar, PM if you have one

Da velder

BarnBoy is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by kb0nly View Post
    School is late tomorrow due to the cold, predicting -39F for wind chill, its very likely they will just close school altogether after they see how cold it actually gets. It's -14F air temp right now, but its calm and no wind chill factor, but by midnight the wind comes and its supposed to be blowing 10-15mph tomorrow morning so that will be fun.

Generator is always on standby with a couple 20lber's of propane, plus the tank on my BBQ and my heater in the garage i always have plenty of propane around to keep things running if the worst happens. I have been meaning for years now to get a larger propane tank for it, but i can get a lot of runtime out of a 20lb tank and its easy to exchange in town at a couple places, and i can rotate them between my heater and BBQ so it's just a convenient size for me.

I bet tomorrow with the cold things will get interesting, been below zero all week, but tomorrow will be the worst yet with the wind chill.
    That's chilly and people that haven't experienced those temps don't realize that when you hit -10 to -20°F temps or -20 to -25°C and below stuff starts breaking. And not freezing liquid and breaking but steel is brittle, oil is thick, glue doesent stick, etc. Gotta be careful with equipment etc
    1984 HONDA ATC200M - OG, mid-restoration
    1981 HONDA ATC200 - future build
    1981 HONDA ATC185S - parts
    1984 ATC200X - roller, future build
    1984 Honda ATC250r - in a million pieces- ISO grab bar, PM if you have one

Da velder

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Arky-X View Post
    Love that pic!
    I am jealous......would love to ride in this stuff like I used to. Plenty of snow to ride in too.....measured 7.5" today.....and more on the way tonight.
    Going to get worse before it gets better.......then the melting begins this weekend.

Wife and I looked at some SxS a few weeks ago and she made a comment how much fun one would be in the snow. I know, not a 3-wheeler but I think she has bought into the idea of hitting the trails so I gave her the option.......SxS or ATV.......she says SxS. Better get one before she changes her mind.
    It certainly got worse today. The major highways around here were pretty clear, but not this morning, with it pissing white again. Once the temps warm up just enough to thaw a little during the day, then freeze again at night, the roads are going to get seriously bad. I've got tire chains for the pickup though.

Luckily, I've got snowmobile accessories for my street helmet. A double layered face shield, breath mask, and chin curtain. I'm prepared and ready to have fun!

A SxS is fun, until it isn't. By that, I mean when they turn over or get stuck. It's not nearly as difficult to turn them over as some people may thing either. If there isn't anything to anchor to with a winch, you better have some anchor devices with you. Burying one up in a pasture is going to be a miserable walk out.

It's not fun having to walk and get a vehicle or help to turn one back over either. Yes, sometimes they can be flipped back over by hand, but they don't always land in that convenient position or place.

It's basically driving a Jeep, so better have all the winch equipment that a person would carry in one of those. Also need to wear a helmet, because there's a whole lotta crap to bang your head against that could result in some stitches or a concussion, and that's if the seatbelt is on and you're not thrown out. Getting rag-dolled out of one isn't fun, I know. It's a whole different kind of hurt compared to being thrown off a trike.

I'd rather not have to deal with all that surface area either, when cleaning one after a muddy ride.

I don't think I personally know anyone who hasn't broken at least one CV joint on thiers.

Yeah, sure, they're fun alright...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //