//ArrowChat Code
Page 254 of 308 FirstFirst ... 154 204 244 252 253 254 255 256 264 304 ... LastLast
Results 3,796 to 3,810 of 4608

Thread: What are you doing today? Thread

--
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    Got this card from my son today...

Attachment 267808

Seems like more of a threat than endearment. Is there some beef between y'all?
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Just got home from the dealer. 2022's just came in- of course my black one is still 3-weeks till honda ships it.... These things are so much fun. this one is my youngest (17) sons bike and mostly pd for by himself. yay

shep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Shep1970; 06-25-2021 at 01:35 PM.

--
    Very cool shep!

Pretty soon you'll have a swarm of them!.....what's their top speed?...... and what's their "comfortable" speed?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    Very cool shep!

Pretty soon you'll have a swarm of them!.....what's their top speed?...... and what's their "comfortable" speed?
    My top speed so far is 54mph and at that same time my older son went flying by me at 67 (slight downhill) Its wierd at anything above say 40 ish it feels like your doing atleast double that because of there size, they handle really good not loose or squirrelly at any speed.
    So far so good.
    Had a few near misses with a rolling basketball out of a driveway, a few squirrels and chipmunks.
    I'd say between 35-40mph is there best messing around speed and i'm quickly finding out tight twisty hilly roads are a blast!!!

shep

--
    That's what I figured Shep.

I'm literally contemplating a Chinese knockoff as delivered to my door would be around $1500.....with a little assembly required.

I know a lot poo-poo chinese stuff but I can remember as a kid the old men poo-pooing Japanese crap. And considering nearly everything we purchase is made in the Orient and a lot in China. ......what's the difference?

--
    From all the reading/research i had done this past year, this tao-tao Hellcat has the best reviews. Well besides screws/bolts loosening by themselves or were never tightened from the start. That and the battery but those are reasonably cheap to replace and or tighten.

Nice looking bike too (very close to grom) i'd say its a exact copy- well close enough-
    To be honest i bet its worth every penny.
    I'm sure theres other copies out there but i think this is the most popular ive head about.

then theres a bike called a benelli tnt 135 but its a little bit more $.
    good luck, i'd bet u wont regret getting a clone if u did.
    Insurance is very cheap too.

shep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Just wishing everyone a good day, week, year, life.

Life's what you make it, and I hope all of you can find a center and peace of mind if things seem overwhelming.

--
    About to start tearing this down. Has a lifter that collapses, so I figured I should just rebuild it from the rods out. Might end up splitting cases and doing the crank and rods too. Evo's are pretty reliable if you take care of them. I want to be able to jump on the road and do 600 miles without worrying (add Honda Goldwing jokes here). New rear tire and brakes while I'm at it. All parts inbound.

"Topend recently rebuilt" doesn't mean anything when you're buying something these days. It's just something people say. Hard to trust anything you don't know the history on, so I might as well find out

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Taking contributions for the Arky-X driveway fund

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dw1.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	834.9 KB 
ID:	267838

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dw2.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	863.4 KB 
ID:	267837

--
    ^ looks like hot work in this heat
    Tried to jog this am
    Turned around in 2 min

--
    My 4th monday this week. Directional biting guys completely boned their job, got leaks everywhere. My other site job the power company drilled through the power line, then wiped out the water main and flooded the clients building. They drug up and left and my guys had to go fix it all while I was babysitting the other boring crew to plug up their leaks. And she wonders why I have grey hair and a bad attitude

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    About to start tearing this down. Has a lifter that collapses, so I figured I should just rebuild it from the rods out. Might end up splitting cases and doing the crank and rods too. Evo's are pretty reliable if you take care of them. I want to be able to jump on the road and do 600 miles without worrying (add Honda Goldwing jokes here). New rear tire and brakes while I'm at it. All parts inbound.

"Topend recently rebuilt" doesn't mean anything when you're buying something these days. It's just something people say. Hard to trust anything you don't know the history on, so I might as well find out

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk
    EVOs are very solid engines. Not sure about that S&S carb though (If that's what's under the cover). They always seemed like mid-century holdover tech to me. The Keihin CV carb was the best carb HD used before FI. For performance builds, a Mikuni or Keihin flat slide is best for street use.

The twin cam I have with a CV carb has always started easily , ran great, and returned good fuel economy. The XL1200S I used to ride also ran incredible with the OE CV carb and a Yost Power Tube. My friend had a stock XL1200 Custom, and it'd piss him off that I could blow past him when he was at top speed, with another stock Sportster (except carb tuning). Of course, the XL1200S was MUCH more than the other Sportsters at the time, and was the fastest OE bike HD sold at the time. That one got sold years ago, but I still know who owns it.

--
    I almost hate to say it but finally enjoying some cooler weather up this way. We are definitely not used to 93 degree heat during the day and 80's at night. It may seem silly but the power grid couldn't handle the load from all the A/C units running and went out temporarily. Quite a few restaurants had to shut down due to unreasonable working conditions in the kitchens even with HVAC's running. Now give us -40 and we're good
    Last edited by coolpool; 07-04-2021 at 07:36 PM.
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

--
    Quote Originally Posted by coolpool View Post
    It may seem silly but the power grid couldn't handle the load from all the A/C units running and went out temporarily.

Makes one wonder how it's going to handle charging all those electric vehicles.

Electric Cars - Powering the New Dark Age

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC King View Post
    Makes one wonder how it's going to handle charging all those electric vehicles.

Electric Cars - Powering the New Dark Age
    Simple, we’ll use diesel generators to make electricity.

Can’t be any more of a cluster fuk than adding ethanol to gas.
    It sucks to get old

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //