//ArrowChat Code
Page 261 of 308 FirstFirst ... 161 211 251 259 260 261 262 263 271 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,915 of 4609

Thread: What are you doing today? Thread

patriot1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Used to stop by Monster Mart in Fouke daily for a glass bottle of RC Cola and a short bag of Planters to put in it. Boggy Creek!!

--
    I'm sure that store/museum sees much less traffic now that I-49 is complete through there. 71 used to be the main highway through that area and until I-49 opened the traffic was really heavy on 71.

I-49 is now complete near New Orleans to Texarkana and from just outside of Ft. Smith to Kansas City. The section between Texarkana and Ft. Smith hasn't even been started on, so there's going to be decades more of being able to experience traveling through small Arkansas towns when just trying to drive through the western part of the state north to south.

Essentially, Arkansas is forcing travelers to still be tourists. There's lots of people from all over who are driving through small towns that don't even have a single traffic light. Good time to open a tourist attraction that'll have business for the next twenty years or more.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Well lets see, 2400 miles on the grom. I've learned a touch more torque for long hills would be nice, i find myself down shifting towards the top of some longer hills just to get up to 5th gear speed again. I'll never use top speed 65-70 so if i loose a bit of speed i wont miss it. I only went from a rear 38 to a 40 tooth but i'm only looking for a little bit more power outa this about 10hp bike.
    So far i'm really liking this thing. Problem is winter is coming..... so looking ahead tuesday is going to be 65* and already planning on taking the day off
    Anything under 60* is chilly at speed. The wifes pissed she has thursday off and its gonna be 50*.
    The only downside of more torque is at stoplights the front came up very easy before the swap so ya it could get interesting.......(have to practice my wheelies)
    NOT looking forward to putting this bike away for five months...........

shep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep1970 View Post
    Well lets see, 2400 miles on the grom.
    Wow....you just got that not to long ago and already 2400 miles?......impressive on that little bike!

--
    I got to listen to Scott Kirby play some of Scott Joplin's music last Saturday in Texarkana.

It was enjoyable and educational.

--
    Can i just tell everyone to keep an eye out for family and friends my 20 yr old in the past two weeks has known 5 as of this morning local suicides/ overdoses. A friend of my sons dad put a plastic bag over his head (died) his 10yr old daughter found him. (father of 3 kids) last wk.
    My sons ok, just going through a rough time with it all.

shep

--
    It's a tough thing to deal with, that's certain. My sincere condolences.

There's lots of different factors, even chronic physical illness drives people to it, but that's probably the lesser of reasons and somewhat understandable when the outcome of the illness is actually worse (and in my mind, you're nothing more than a profit for big pharma and the medical industry while being a bed-ridden invalid) I'm not just lightly mentioning that last part, I personally know of a couple circumstances like that.

The other thing is 'they' always suggest for that person to reach out and talk. When one person in billions of people on this planet feels so alone they consider checking themselves out, the last thing they want is to talk about it. Talking about things just brings up the emotional pain, it doesn't remedy it.

People who've never considered it are the ones who need to talk about it amongst themselves. They seriously need to ask themselves questions that are difficult to process. Again, when billions of people live on this blue marble, why would anyone feel that alone?

The reality is that to have a societal impact, society as a whole will have to look inward. The whole doesn't want to do that because they are terrified of what they may see. All dogs don't go to heaven. I'm an eh hole, they're an eh hole, everyone is an eh hole.

If you suspect someone is headed down that path of despair, which they can hide extremely well, don't ask them to talk, just ask them to come over for dinner. Say you found a fun event to go to and will come by to get them. Make them feel included in the world. Be someone who really cares. Maybe get them drunk or high until they spills the beans, but do it in a personal setting so they don't feel judged by strangers, or anyone for that matter. Be that rock they know doesn't telephone it down the line.

I've been affected by this since my teenage years and the people who've done it. I've lowered a family member's casket into place because of it. Just this past year I witnessed a friend going through the grief of his daughter choosing that path. It's a god...epidemic that isn't truly being addressed, just talked about.
    Last edited by ATC King; 11-08-2021 at 09:37 PM.

--
    I'll give you one guess at what I'm doing today! It's actually kind of nice to see and the temps remain warmer than normal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Snow Day.jpg  
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

--
    Shovelling had to wait Shortly after the above post was put up, my neighbor called to help recover his deer at 8:30 AM on the 11th. We had a bit of a drag to get it out of the bush but what a beauty 5 x 5 he got, couldn't be happier for him. My phone crashed from a work upgrade that morning preventing me from putting any pictures up until now
    The funny thing is this is 3 days earlier and 30 yards closer than where he got his deer last year!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails deer 2.jpg   deer 1r.jpg   Deer 3.jpg  
    Last edited by coolpool; 11-16-2021 at 10:53 AM.
    Trikes
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

--
    Quote Originally Posted by coolpool View Post
    Shovelling had to wait Shortly after the above post was put up, my neighbor called to help recover his deer at 8:30 AM on the 11th. We had a bit of a drag to get it out of the bush but what a beauty 5 x 5 he got, couldn't be happier for him. My phone crashed from a work upgrade that morning preventing me from putting any pictures up until now
    The funny thing is this is 3 days earlier and 30 yards closer than where he got his deer last year!
    Nice!.....sounds like it's his lucky spot!

--
    Another proud dad story..... So my youngest "jake" Senior in high school is a A+ student in all of his classes (honestly i have no idea where he gets it from!)
    Calculus is his favorite class (i personally hated it) C student if i was lucky.....in all my classes.
    Anyway he had a list of three colleges he wanted to attend, his first choice which from what i understand is very hard to get accepted too. CIA in NY (Culinary Institute of America) one of which he applied too 3-weeks ago has sent him an "early" acceptance letter
    New york is not the place i would choose to send him but its no where near the city and the college is just west of upper border of Massachusetts so only about 3hrs from home-
    Since he was 5 he wanted to be either Indiana Jones or a chef (kitchen guy w/funny white hat)
    Now gotta go rob some banks to pay for it though....
    Ok enough braggin' about my kid.
    Its a great day when your son gets accepted to the school of his first choice, And kyle rittenhouse is proven Not Guilty yup i had to throw that last bit in too

over and out.

shep
    Last edited by Shep1970; 11-19-2021 at 03:13 PM.

--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PacMan.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	776.8 KB 
ID:	268566

Playing Packman.

The small engine carb adjustment set I bought a while back has been very useful. All these stupid other carb screw styles are really...stupid. I guess the plastic limiter caps weren't enough, so they had to go full retard (Tropic Thunder reference).

--
    Sometimes, when you peel back the layers you get memories. Other times, you get mesothelioma.

Name:	20211107_130409_HDR.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	503.9 KB 
ID:	268567

At the time, I couldn't see my hand in front of my face. Only later in life did I realize it was because of the asbestos suspended in the tire smoke.
    Last edited by ATC King; 11-19-2021 at 10:46 PM.

--
    ^ was there any liquor involved in your diagnosis! Blackies on the tile floor....priceless :-)
    Trikes
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC King View Post
    Sometimes, when you peel back the layers you get memories. Other times, you get mesothelioma.

Name:	20211107_130409_HDR.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	503.9 KB 
ID:	268567

At the time, I couldn't see my hand in front of my face. Only later in life did I realize it was because of the asbestos suspended in the tire smoke.
    Been there, done that, lost the damage deposit.
    It sucks to get old

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //