//ArrowChat Code
Page 266 of 308 FirstFirst ... 166 216 256 264 265 266 267 268 276 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 3,990 of 4609

Thread: What are you doing today? Thread

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Snowstorm here in Wisconsin so I am watching movies inside today. I don't drive in dangerous conditions
    Sunny and dry are dangerous conditions to drive here in Arkansas. Totally homicidal drivers every day. Drunk, on meth, or just completely ignorant/narcissistic.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Roads were terrible today, delays and hold ups everywhere. I had a difficult time leaving my apartment driveway today because its icy. My car is front wheel drive so I have difficulty when fresh snow falls and the roads aren't plowed.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Roads were terrible today, delays and hold ups everywhere. I had a difficult time leaving my apartment driveway today because its icy. My car is front wheel drive so I have difficulty when fresh snow falls and the roads aren't plowed.
    Two Words:

Snow Tires

Not just the front, all four.

I have Blizzaks on our 2000 Monte Carlo (Wifes car) and my 2005 Buick Lesabre. They are on their own set of used wheels I bought off of craigslist so no dismount/remount costs involved.

I'll have to check but I believe we are on the 7th winter for these, which are the first sets I bought after a recommendation from a guy at work.

I put them on my wife's car first, the day before a good 6" storm hit, without telling her. The storm came in that night. In the Morning she was all worried before she left the house for work, I gave her a good, manly "You'll be fine" just to mess with her female psychosis , told her to call when she got to work so I would be sure she was OK .

Our road is ALWAYS one of the last plowed, so she had a good 6+ inches on our rural, minimal traffic road (More on that shortly).

She called when she got to work, I said "How was the drive?"

Her: "Not bad actually, I was surprised"

Me: "Surprised about what?"

Her: "There was all kinds of cars in the ditch, but it didn't seem that slippery. I'm not sure what their problem was."

Me: "Almost like you had snow tires or something?"

Her: "Yea, Kinda like that"

Me: "Interesting. Well have a nice day. Loveyouseeyoulaterbye! (cuz that's how fast we say it, our little thing)

I told her when she got home from work and she said "Ya coulda let me know before I left a-hole, but I love you anyways"

The reason I didn't tell her was because I wanted to see if she noticed any difference without knowing what I did. So if my wife can notice the difference between a dedicated snow tire and an "All Season" tire, they make a difference.

"All Season" tires ARE NOT snow tires. Take my word for it. Modern snow tires with modern rubber compounds are leaps and bounds better than the old style snow tires I drove on back in the 70's and 80's.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    Geez that's cold!

I was gonna about taking my bike today to the dealer for a tire in this cold rainy weather we are having here.....but not anymore.

Currently it's 50° and light rain.

Sent from my SM-S111DL using Tapatalk
    Why on earth would you let your tire get that bald?? Especially the front??
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

--
    ^ditto Scooter, that thing is only called a tire at this point because it's round and black. Cue in the Christmas Story tire changing part in the movie, lol.
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

--
    Quote Originally Posted by coolpool View Post
    ^ditto Scooter, that thing is only called a tire at this point because it's round and black. Cue in the Christmas Story tire changing part in the movie, lol.
    Ask, and ye shall receive!!

--
    I have no excuse other than being lazy.

I guess I have one… I wasn't expecting to have a front tire life of under 5000 miles.... so I never really paid it much never mind. I will in the future

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    Two Words:

Snow Tires

I have Blizzaks on our 2000 Monte Carlo (Wifes car) and my 2005 Buick Lesabre. They are on their own set of used wheels I bought off of craigslist so no dismount/remount costs involved.
    State governments should give tax refunds to people like you who take personal resposibility for winter driving safety. All the crashes that happen because of unprepared drivers cost local, county, and state governments millions every winter. That's not even including all the salt and sand they use, which is very destructive the the enviornment in it's acquisition and use. The salt and sand ins't even sustainable and they'll run out of it's reckless winter use within the next generation. Anyone who chooses to live in areas that have regular winter weather should be personally responsible for their own transportation needs and state governments need to encourage that change.

--
    My friend's Freightliner engine rebuild may be done tomorrow and I'll help him pick that truck up. $15,000+ for that.

It was a real mess, but was drove to the shop under it's own power. We had to stop a time or two to let it cool down though.

There's going to be a local New Years ATV ride, but I'm not certain I can handle it after my spill last week. It'll be a slow, beer drinking ride though, with a lot of stops. Going to take the 200ES if I think I can do it without too much pain. The Big Red hasn't been out for a month or so and it'd be good to warm it up a little.

I renewed my DL/CDL today and took all the required documents to get the Real ID. Not a big deal at all and the office was just about empty. Got to have it by May 2023 for a lot of things, including domestic flights if wanting to avoid more complications. This isn't anything new, it's been years in the making. Same cost as normal, just need a couple/few more documents to do it. My dead father can still vote without it though...
    Last edited by ATC King; 12-30-2021 at 11:50 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    I have no excuse other than being lazy.

I guess I have one… I wasn't expecting to have a front tire life of under 5000 miles.... so I never really paid it much never mind. I will in the future
    Glad to see someone get full life out of a tire. Mine usually cup long before they get to the wear bars and might I add, the width of your chicken strips is admirable for a street bike
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Glad to see someone get full life out of a tire. Mine usually cup long before they get to the wear bars and might I add, the width of your chicken strips is admirable for a street bike
    The wear is on the right side...pretty angled and was hidden or I didn't pay attention when parked. The mechanic thought I might of slid.

I like to think I ride like Rossi or Marquez but I'm just an old fat guy clinging to middle-age.

But I've been going slower. I had the old registration, insurance certificate , and business cards of the previous owner under the passenger pillion seat....he was an attorney. Just out of curiosity one rainy day I looked up his website and after some searching I found he had died in a solo motorcycle accident in Arizona. He was about 5 years older than me...an avid motorcyclist and pilot. He had a BMW, Ducati and loved/rode/worked on bikes his entire life.

It got me thinking of how he died. There was no explanation of the events other than a solo motorcycle accident. It could of been he lost control..maybe too fast.....or a deer or something popped out from nowhere and he collided with it. Perhaps it was what first came to my mind....a medical emergency. I personally love riding solo but now I'm a little slower. I'm on Live360 so my wife knows generally my location and I'm just taking more time smelling the roses.

I want to do this as long as I can.

--
    You must ride pretty hard to see cloth on the edge when there’s still rubber in the center. Never let age slow you down. Ride as fast as you’re comfortable with (and the law will allow) is my motto.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Got the plasma table up and running
    Now to learn how to program
    Test cut was a preprogrammed cycle
    Happy new yr all!

--
    Now, stud them. Studded snows on what I drive in the winter. It makes the difference between a bone stock US 90 and a properly set up 87 Big red. Especially for the little lady. Studded snows don't cost, they pay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    Two Words:

Snow Tires

I'll have to check but I believe we are on the 7th winter for these, which are the first sets I bought after a recommendation from a guy at work.

I put them on my wife's car first, the day before a good 6" storm hit, without telling her. The storm came in that night. In the Morning she was all worried before she left the house for work, I gave her a good, manly "You'll be fine" just to mess with her female psychosis , told her to call when she got to work so I would be sure she was OK .

Our road is ALWAYS one of the last plowed, so she had a good 6+ inches on our rural, minimal traffic road (More on that shortly).

She called when she got to work, I said "How was the drive?"

Her: "Not bad actually, I was surprised"

Me: "Surprised about what?"

Her: "There was all kinds of cars in the ditch, but it didn't seem that slippery. I'm not sure what their problem was."

Me: "Almost like you had snow tires or something?"

Her: "Yea, Kinda like that"

Me: "Interesting. Well have a nice day. Loveyouseeyoulaterbye! (cuz that's how fast we say it, our little thing)

I told her when she got home from work and she said "Ya coulda let me know before I left a-hole, but I love you anyways"

The reason I didn't tell her was because I wanted to see if she noticed any difference without knowing what I did. So if my wife can notice the difference between a dedicated snow tire and an "All Season" tire, they make a difference.

"All Season" tires ARE NOT snow tires. Take my word for it. Modern snow tires with modern rubber compounds are leaps and bounds better than the old style snow tires I drove on back in the 70's and 80's.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    Finally got one day just north of 0 F so took full advantage of it. Me and the neighbor built the rink on the lake for all to enjoy like we do every year...although we're late getting it done this year. There's lots of ice (~12") but it was just too dang cold to go out. I hope to get out tomorrow to get some spruce boughs to mark the edges to aid in cleaning after a heavy snowfall and to keep the sleds off it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rink1.jpg   rink2.jpg  
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool