//ArrowChat Code
Page 270 of 306 FirstFirst ... 170 220 260 268 269 270 271 272 280 ... LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 4587

Thread: What are you doing today? Thread

--
    The county has already started spraying that salt/saline crap on the roads and it's barely going to get into the low 30's by morning.

I can't stand that stuff and they should be liable for the corrosion damage to people's vehicles. It won't ice over in the next few days but it will rain and that crap will be all up in crevices a water hose can't hardly reach.

Icy roads aren't the real problem anyway, it's aggressive, arrogant, impatient, ignorant, and general POS people that cause the crashes and blocked roads. Cause a crash that blocks a road and it's proven they were speeding or tailgating, throw them in jail for a night and the insurance company should deny any claim for damages.

Freaking winter. It's the The Flight of the Scajaquada every dang year.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC King View Post
    The county has already started spraying that salt/saline crap on the roads and it's barely going to get into the low 30's by morning.

I can't stand that stuff and they should be liable for the corrosion damage to people's vehicles. It won't ice over in the next few days but it will rain and that crap will be all up in crevices a water hose can't hardly reach.

Icy roads aren't the real problem anyway, it's aggressive, arrogant, impatient, ignorant, and general POS people that cause the crashes and blocked roads. Cause a crash that blocks a road and it's proven they were speeding or tailgating, throw them in jail for a night and the insurance company should deny any claim for damages.

Freaking winter. It's the The Flight of the Scajaquada every dang year.
    I despise road salt. Just the mist kicked up by a railcar crossing road intersections from Ontario to Manitoba around this time of year will rust the underside of a new vehicle.

When my Dad drove his new Ranger home 6 miles from the dealership one spring, my brother-in-law noticed the calipers were completely coved in fuzzy rust. Looked under the truck and the entire thing was red. Couple calls later and Ford took it back and begrudgingly let him pick out one with less rust on it.
    It sucks to get old

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    The Flight of the Scajaquada every dang year.
    The WUT???
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    The WUT???
    Just a Green Jelly song about the Scajaquada Expressway in New York. Far from here, but the same crap.

https://www.dot.ny.gov/scajaquadacorridor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zI52i1JmUI

A weather forecast for icy road conditions causes me to think about that song. It's like winter is a new concept every year.

"His howl the fury of the gales, with deadly curves that rarely fail
    To send your autos into flight, through blizzard's curtain blinding white
    See driving skills you lack with the, FLIGHT OF THE SKAJAQUADA"

There's a hill near here that is somewhat steep, long, has a couple turns in it, banks pretty sharp to one side, changes pitch midway, and at the bottom is a narrow bridge. Narrow enough that if two big trucks look like they'll meet on it, one of them will slow down so they don't. That bridge has been hit more times than I remember...during good weather.

Morons think they can get a run at the hill, but all that does is send them off of it. If their tires are that ill suited for winter roads, they'd have to be doing 100mph at the bottom to possibly make it to the top at a crawl, but them darn curves...

There's also no guard rail on one side, so it's pretty much a steep drop into forest. They ain't driving out of that.
    Last edited by ATC King; 01-15-2022 at 04:06 PM.

--
    Breaking in a pair of Sunf snow tires. It's still piling up outside, so maybe even more fun to be had tomorrow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SnowTiresSunf (5).jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	668.3 KB 
ID:	268960

Edit: Last night was as good as it got. It's already melting away this morning.
    Last edited by ATC King; 01-16-2022 at 12:38 PM.

--

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Swapping out the alternator in my Case 1840 skid steer. It's a bit of a pain in the arse since you can't get to the belt tensioner very well unless you pull the radiator. Fortunately removing the radiator is pretty simple and quick.

200.00+ for a friggin alternator. Allegedly there is a mod you can do so you can use a 80's/90's GM alternator, but not in the mood for those type of shenanigans when I'm working outside in the winter
    UPDATE:

Welp, I decided to go the alternate *cough* route with my charging system repair. Turns out it was pretty simple.

I purchased a Wilson reman alternator (reviews were very good) for an 85 Chevy 3/4 ton 4X4 with a 5.7 engine, as well as the plug for the wires instead of just soldering on a couple spade connectors. Soldered/shrink wrapped the exciter wire from the skid steer to the #1 wire on the plug, soldered and shrink wrapped a ring terminal on the #2 wire on the plug. Installed into the skiddy, #2 wire with ring terminal along with the battery cable to the BAT bolt on alternator, done!

The alternator from the Case dealer, NAPA, or the local auto electrical shop was 200.00 +/-

The Wilson reman from O'Reilly was 55.00 w/tax and the plug with pigtails was 4.00.

More beer money!!

I also installed a couple of LED headlights that I've had sittin' on my shelf for a couple years and just be to busy to install.

Here's a video that outlines a similar process:

Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    I purchased a Wilson reman alternator (reviews were very good) for an 85 Chevy 3/4 ton 4X4 with a 5.7 engine, as well as the plug for the wires instead of just soldering on a couple spade connectors.

That's cool.

Putting tractor stuff on cars/motorcycles is also cool.

Apparently my old ARD Magento used a tractor style magneto.

When I went to go rebuild it I thought the parts for it would come from..."unobtainium".....but quickly learned they were plentiful. Apparently these magnetos/Fairbank Morse were used on tractors/mercury outboards/evinrudes/etc. I guess if your plowing with a Cockshutt or an Oliver it's no big deal ......but if your riding an old CB750F sohc your Mr. Cool with tractor stuff!

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
    What's the reason for using a magneto on those, besides the obvious race use? From what little I've messed with that era Honda inlines, I recal the stock charging and ignition systems were'nt all that great. Weren't they still using an inductiive ignition with points at that time?

--
    Just a reminder for anyone with a pickup still carrying the spare under the bed and with one of those fancy-dancy crank devices to lower it down...

Get that joker out and put it in the bed or at least make certain during every service that it will come out and the tire isn't flat.

Seen it again yesterday. A person in a pickup had a flat but didn't have the tool to let the spare down. Had to cut the end of the cable off and was lucky enough that someone had a tool to do that.

It's always something. The tool is missing, the crank is rusted or jammed, or the tire is flat. Then there's the trucks with upsized tires and all the smaller spare will do is damage the differential. I guess that's not a problem for many passenger cars, because they don't even come with a spare anymore. Problem solved, trade the pickup in for an economy car.

--
    What's the reason for using a magneto on those, besides the obvious race use? From what little I've messed with that era Honda inlines, I recal the stock charging and ignition systems were'nt all that great. Weren't they still using an inductiive ignition with points at that time?
    Yes you got a hotter spark and for racing reasons.

But for most of us street guys it was just for vanity reasons. The Ignition system was completely independent of everything else but we all still ran charging systems for the starter, LED's, etc.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    But for most of us street guys it was just for vanity reasons.

I award you 100 Kool points then.

--
    Plastik, what you fishing for there? Looks like a nice spot to roam around on.
    It finally warmed up this past weekend to actually get out of the house. Went to our campsite to clean the gazebo roof of snow which we've done once in early December but haven't got back out until now. I was getting a bit worried about the snow load on it even though I have 2x6 uprights supporting the roof just in case. Got the nifty roof rake for Christmas....works great!

Then I dug out the fire pit and had some beers and KFC with the Mrs. Hey it was her birthday and that's what she wanted....perfect!

The lake rink has been a challenge keeping clean but we're managing and lots of folks are enjoying it. We lost about 10' on one side due to flood water but it's what you can expect with natural ice. If we get energetic we'll try to expand in other directions but I'm afraid we'll need the bobcat to do that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Campsite 1.jpg   Campsite 2.jpg   Fire Pit.jpg   Rink.jpg  
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

--
    Mostly leaves and weeds apparently

I am happy to report that I limited out!

If is a fun area, blessed

--
    Quote Originally Posted by plastikosmd View Post
    Mostly leaves and weeds apparently

I am happy to report that I limited out!

If is a fun area, blessed
    LOL, it does look like a beaver pond or slough..(pronounced slew), to be honest! I limit out every time I fish.....(.08) Blood Alcohol Content I might add.
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool