//ArrowChat Code
Page 271 of 308 FirstFirst ... 171 221 261 269 270 271 272 273 281 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,065 of 4608

Thread: What are you doing today? Thread

--
    Buddy brought his new Pan America over so we could install some bar risers. Nice custom paint he had done.

What's cool is that front fairing pulls off like a side cover from an old CB125S..... or any old side covers from the bikes of the time....ultra easy. I wonder if Honda's Africa twin does that?

This HD is real nice.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

--
    The Pan Am is a very legitimate atfempt by the MoCo.

I haven't read any of the reviews where any of the talking head motorcycle 'journalists' mentioned the front fairing being easy to remove. Thanks for that. Basic access is a pretty important issue on anything meant for off-road duty with people who'll actually use it for that.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    I suffered alone in a dinner group, listening to people talk poorly about people they work with, customers that come into their business, people they date/dated, the restaurant workers, just a whole lot of negative things from insecure people.

Thank goodness when the food arrived. I had something more pleasant to focus on.

I just forgot what being around 'normal' people is like and agreed to go. Not that I can't improve my own self, but some people seem to not even be aware or trying. Example, this post, here I am talking about people. Five Bloody Marys penance for me.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC King View Post
    The Pan Am is a very legitimate atfempt by the MoCo.

I haven't read any of the reviews where any of the talking head motorcycle 'journalists' mentioned the front fairing being easy to remove. Thanks for that. Basic access is a pretty important issue on anything meant for off-road duty with people who'll actually use it for that.
    Seems like a great attempt.

Still not convinced the Africa twin wouldn't make a better fit for me though.

Would love to rent a DCT bike for 3 days to get a real world impression of it.....versus a 15 minute demo ride.

--
    The DCT has a lot of good going for it. The biggest thing is it's nowhere near a new system anymore. Honda has been offering it in several bikes for 11-12 years now? It's still the same type of mechanical transmission with definitive ratios and a direct feel. No CVT or torque converter type stuff going on that typically disconnect the rider's feel of the drive wheel and make the experience kind of bland and spongy.

It does add some weight and complexity, and I think the engine case is a little wider than the same model with a manual clutch.

DCT is here to stay though and in many situations it'll make less-than-profesional riders more capable. That may mean more capable of getting themselves deeper into bad situations they wouldn't have been able to with a manual clutch, but hey, nobody's expecting DCT to correct poor judgement.

I would've like to seen Honda incorporate their Sport Clutch in more ATVs and bikes though. Same basic auto clutch like the ATC/ATV, but with a lever to work it manually if wanted. That's a totally mechanical design, simple, and really does add to the whole use of the machine. Still had to manually shift, but it kept the auto clutch's ability to prevent engine stalling while giving manual control. A lot like some of the aftermarket auto clutch drop-ins, Rekluse, Revloc and the like, but the Honda version keeps engine brakeing function some of those give up for the auto compromise.

--

--
    I put a new crank in a trike today. More better than the blowed out one piece crank it had.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WorksmanBMXcrank (7).jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	269008Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WorksmanBMXcrank (10).jpg 
Size:	812.2 KB 
ID:	269009Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WorksmanBMXcrank (13).jpg 
Size:	573.0 KB 
ID:	269010Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WorksmanBMXcrank (1).jpg 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	269011Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WorksmanBMXcrank (2).jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	851.6 KB 
ID:	269012

Pedals arrived later and didn't get any pics, but they're typical MTB aluminum flats with screw in studs. I'll be doing another one of these. Upgrading from those archaic one piece cranks made my day. This is a working trike that lives in a factory. Nothing too fancy for it, but the new BMX crank sure makes it look tougher and should last a while with the sealed bearings versus the non sealed original because it gets minimal maintenance anyway.
    Last edited by ATC King; 01-25-2022 at 09:33 PM.

--
    I have a dct honda. Weird at 1st but you never need to ya move feet anymore. Ride faster and harder. You can be skilled, dumb or handycapible and still ride. The fully auto belt stuff just wants to go faster and faster with nothing to retard you. I've owned those machines too.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    Wow...Walmart Super Tech carb cleaner is over $9.00 a can after tax?

I found a way around the shelf price of $8.52 a can for carb cleaner at Walmart.

I purchase them online for curbside pickup for $1.90 a can. If they are out they substitute brake parts cleaner instead....which is also $8.00 a can on the shelf. I don't know how they can't see that but it works.....and I don't even have to get out of the car!

Boom!......Winning!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    I found a way around the shelf price of $8.52 a can for carb cleaner at Walmart.

The online, curbside pickup works to lower the price then! That's great info!

That's the result of WalMart price matching and competing online. Start a YouTube channel focused on that and you'llhave a million subscribers and make bank until they all close the loopholes.

--
    Haulin Wood

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HaulinWood_compressed.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	756.5 KB 
ID:	269016
    Last edited by ATC King; 01-27-2022 at 06:32 PM.

--
    Work shut down because its "cold" out, other trades closed up shop so I guess the excavating guys get some time off. So I thought! 15 water main break calls since Tuesday afternoon. After I got done at 7 this evening, I told the office not to bother me until Monday.

My buddy has an Africa twin, definitely does not pull apart like the Pan American, nor does my super tenere, unless you run over it with a kamatsu dozer. But that's a different story all together...

--
    Been watching a bit of the Freedom Convoy 2022 that's going on up here. Good to see this happening in our normally quiet country. Lot's of our US brethern truckers have joined up also....brother's in arms fellas! The go fund me account got frozen at 7.5 million.......crazy!

Just seen an instagram post of 50,000 US truckers heading up in support. Even if 1/10th make it it will send a clear message about enforcing mandatory anything!
    Last edited by coolpool; 01-29-2022 at 03:33 PM.
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool