//ArrowChat Code
Page 282 of 308 FirstFirst ... 182 232 272 280 281 282 283 284 292 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 4609

Thread: What are you doing today? Thread

--
    Went for a ride today with my son and his new Royal Enfield Himalayan.

Awesome bike and an incredible value in today's times

Sent from my SM-S111DL using Tapatalk

--
    They really modernized the look of that thing.

I anyone here didn’t already know, if you want to be cool in India, you ride a Royal Enfeild. It’s their equivalent of a Harley and there’s almost as many aftermarket accessories available for them. Got to ride one with what looked like a grain auger engine wedged into it. It had no brakes, but I seeing as grain augers don’t either I took the opportunity to try stopping it Flintstone style.
    It sucks to get old

--
    "Road trip" On the quest to find palm trees and sun- pic was from a pitstop last night, we woke this am to what we were looking for a few hundred miles more south!....
    yay.
    Have a great day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Shep1970; 04-17-2022 at 09:54 AM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep1970 View Post
    "Road trip" On the quest to find palm trees and sun- pic was from a pitstop last night, we woke this am to what we were looking for a few hundred miles more south!....
    yay.
    Have a great day.
    Is that JLG there so the sombrero tower meets handicap accessible requirements?
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Oh that sombrero tower elevator is very sketchy, did it once a few yrs ago and then theres about an inch of bird crap everywhere up there.
    We went to a Buc-ee"s store this am in FL lots of good stuff and had tiger butter fudge my favorite!!!! and got some sugar coated praileens (sp) Now testing out the resorts multiple bar mixed drinks, getting woozy so i'll stop writing now.....befor my spelling/grammar gets worse...

shep
    Last edited by Shep1970; 04-17-2022 at 10:47 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    They really modernized the look of that thing.

I anyone here didn’t already know, if you want to be cool in India, you ride a Royal Enfeild. It’s their equivalent of a Harley and there’s almost as many aftermarket accessories available for them. Got to ride one with what looked like a grain auger engine wedged into it. It had no brakes, but I seeing as grain augers don’t either I took the opportunity to try stopping it Flintstone style.
    I didn't know that....good to know.

So far 240 miles on the clock.

It comes with a 3 year factory warranty....looks like they stand behind their products.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

--
    You'd probably be hard pressed to find one of the earlier RE bikes still being ridden in the US, because once they went to unitized engine/trans construction, they really started to modernize and improve reliability.

I haven't rode any of the early Bullets, but I've seen them in person. The new ones still look the part but are totally modern machines. Decades ago they even had a diesel bike. I think it used an air cooled Robin engine.

Besides RE, Ural really progressed their bikes during the past 10-15 years, but good luck buying one of those right now, or ever; Russia. I've met a couple people on the newer ones and they didn't have anything but good to say about the bike, keeping in mind their performance limitations.

--
    I took a weekend motorcycle/camping trip and done a little wine tasting in Altus, at the wineries.

It turned out the step-father of the woman pouring the wine was Ed Hertfelder. We were riding enduro (dual sport) motorcycles, which is why she brought it up. I done one of the Ozark Fall Color Tours when RL Lemke was hosting them and the evening banquet was at the Wiederkehr, where the woman works.

I also managed to get by and tour the Subiaco Abbey, finally. It turned out to be the one day a week the monks have the brewery open. That was some blessed good beer. My friend bought some Monk Sauce, which is a habanero hot sauce they make there. https://www.countrymonks.biz/habanero-hot-sauce/
    Last edited by ATC King; 04-26-2022 at 09:41 AM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC King View Post
    I took a weekend motorcycle/camping trip and done a little wine tasting in Altus, at the wineries.

It turned out the step-father of the woman pouring the wine was Ed Hertfelder. We were riding enduro (dual sport) motorcycles, which is why she brought it up. I done one of the Ozark Fall Color Tours when RL Lemke was hosting them and the evening banquet was at the Wiederkehr, where the woman works.

I also managed to get by and tour the Subiaco Abbey, finally. It turned out to be the one day a week the monks have the brewery open. That was some blessed good beer. My friend bought some Monk Sauce, which is a habanero hot sauce they make there. https://www.countrymonks.biz/habanero-hot-sauce/
    Sounds like a fun trip.

Put a new master cylinder in the Elco only to find out I need a new booster too.

I do everything backwards.

--
    It was a fun trip, but camping weather in Arkansas is about over for the summer except for people who like to sweat in their tent all night.

The are some cool, clear, mountain rivers and streams that are nice to camp next to during the summer though. Just about have to sit in them all day while drinking beer to stay cool and relaxed, if anyone is into that kind of nonsense.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    Sounds like a fun trip.

Put a new master cylinder in the Elco only to find out I need a new booster too.

I do everything backwards.

Knappy, if the booster won't hold vacuum it may just be the front seal and not the large diaphragm. I had a friend with a 78 Trans-Am that never had reliable brakes after a resto even with swapping boosters. I troubleshot it to the seal with a vacuum pump by sealing off the front of the booster. Sucked in good and held finally.
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

--
    So, i tested covid positive on monday- felt not myself on sunday night so we all tested and two of four of us have it (the wife and my youngest are staying in a hotel since test)
    My only symptom's were a slight headach and tingly feeling hair on the top of my scalp that lasted two days. I feel 99.9% healthy as of yesterday but still positive.
    So.......i guess my question to you guy's is its going to be 70* and sunny today and supposed to be quarantining- is riding a motorcycle (grom) by myself and son fall into that category. ? plenty of fuel for all day.
    Edit: i'll take no response as "get out and ride"
    ------side note kinda funny, well not really but----
    The four of us are not vaccinated and wont be, and all of my other family members are (a bunch of them) and all/most of them have had covid really bad cases.
    They are in shock that we are not bed ridden and in the hospital sick as hell (cuz were not vaccinated)

Guess thats it- heading outside to adjust the valves (past due) on the grom over 3500 miles so far.

shep
    Last edited by Shep1970; 05-05-2022 at 11:01 AM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep1970 View Post
    So, i tested covid positive on monday- felt not myself on sunday night so we all tested and two of four of us have it (the wife and my youngest are staying in a hotel since test)
    My only symptom's were a slight headach and tingly feeling hair on the top of my scalp that lasted two days. I feel 99.9% healthy as of yesterday but still positive.
    So.......i guess my question to you guy's is its going to be 70* and sunny today and supposed to be quarantining- is riding a motorcycle (grom) by myself and son fall into that category. ? plenty of fuel for all day.
    Edit: i'll take no response as "get out and ride"
    ------side note kinda funny, well not really but----
    The four of us are not vaccinated and wont be, and all of my other family members are (a bunch of them) and all/most of them have had covid really bad cases.
    They are in shock that we are not bed ridden and in the hospital sick as hell (cuz were not vaccinated)

Guess thats it- heading outside to adjust the valves (past due) on the grom over 3500 miles so far.

shep
    Hey Shep, Sorry you got the bug buddy. You’re the first person I’ve heard describe that tingly headache the way I had it. Happened three days before my ass got kicked.

You may feel decent now (and I hope that’s as bad as it gets) but I suggest you don’t get too far from home at the moment. When it hit me it was fast and hard. I went from a runny nose to a hospital bed in less than 12 hours.

God bless buddy
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by coolpool View Post
    Knappy, if the booster won't hold vacuum it may just be the front seal and not the large diaphragm. I had a friend with a 78 Trans-Am that never had reliable brakes after a resto even with swapping boosters. I troubleshot it to the seal with a vacuum pump by sealing off the front of the booster. Sucked in good and held finally.
    Hang in there Shep...just a couple more days.

Coolpool....you sound right. When it's at idle and in park and I do not depress the brake pedal it idles just fine. Same conditions only I press the pedal and I can hear a slight "hiss" and it starts to idle ruff and stumbly....then I release the brake pedal and no hiss and it resumes idling smoothly...you nailed it.

I still purchased a new booster....but like everything else it's just sitting in the garage

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

--
    Thanks guys, so far so good. Both of us seem fine (at the moment) no high temps and no other symptoms "exept" well not to sound gross but no solids have been exiting our back side for a few days now and still testing positive.

In other news- about noon time yesterday my youngest tested positive. Then...............6pm last night so did the wife.
    yup, welcome to sheps life There symptoms are starting the same as ours did so guess we'll see what happens....

shep

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //