//ArrowChat Code
Page 284 of 308 FirstFirst ... 184 234 274 282 283 284 285 286 294 ... LastLast
Results 4,246 to 4,260 of 4608

Thread: What are you doing today? Thread

--
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post

This bike is such a stress eliminator and a cure for a bad day.
    Yes they certainly are. I found that there's a vast difference in my mood when I ride my bike to work as compared to driving the cage.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

--
    Took a ride and went to our local weekly cruise night.

I see you are parading my little Honda around that you sniped me on, so I went and bought this yesterday for $1400.00 to make myself feel better.

--
    Took a ride and went to our local weekly cruise night.

That was after I bought this last week for $800.00 and I still felt depressed.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by rpeters View Post
    I see you are parading my little Honda around that you sniped me on, so I went and bought this yesterday for $1400.00 to make myself feel better.

Haha!..... I don't get many fast balls by you so I'm savoring the moment.

I'll trade you straight up for the FJ...... you can putt around on that 125 and be the coolest kid in Elsinore

--
    Haha!..... I don't get many fast balls by you so I'm savoring the moment.

I'll trade you straight up for the FJ...... you can putt around on that 125 and be the coolest kid in Elsinore
    From barnett468

"LOL, well you definitely earned that little Honda, plus I can't be everywhere at once, so someone will still occasionally get to a deal before I do.

After seeing some of your previous posts, I figured you might like the FJ. I have never ridden one. It is pretty cool and I know people thrash them so it is extremely rare to find one as nice as this one is. Oddly enough, I have had a ton of inquiries on the Honda which has 33k miles, and none on the FJ which only has 15k miles, and the FJ is slightly nicer and the same price.

I look at Harleys as, well but as you know, they are usually overpriced.

Off to Elsinore MX track now to do a few laps. Hope you have a great day.

--

--
    Went for a short-ish ride after work today, not thinking i grabbed a 2-liter of mtn dew...... hmmmm now how the heck do i get it home. So i figure maybe stuff it in my jean jacket and button it up and if it falls out well its not mine... I guess it is worth 5 cents so its not really littering and every week around these parts there's more and more "foreigners" begging for money at main street corners now. Maybe just maybe it'll fall out and knock one of them out......kidding (not really)
    Ya welp gotta go-

shep
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F1B34E1D-D1A5-4DB8-9E72-6951127C99D3.jpeg 
Views:	14 
Size:	152.9 KB 
ID:	269566

--
    Oh I'm just milling uhnw 200x swingarm chain guards since I had enough of someone's lies.

--
    Happy Father's Day to all the fathers..... and the grandfather's and uncle father figures......and to the single moms who fill in as fathers....enjoy your day.

Took a ride with my son. His bike never ceases to amaze me… what an incredible value.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

--
    I finally got a fuel pressure regulator installed on my truck.

On my way out west this spring, the fuel pump went out in Kansas. With the manual choke and careful driving, I was able to limp it to the next town about 25 miles away. Just in time to catch a parts store with one in stock about 45 minutes before they closed. It took about 15 minutes to replace, and I was on my way.

Right off I could tell the pressure was too high because the air/fuel ratios went a bit rich. It was manageable until I got into Wyoming, faced a strong headwind, and gained several thousand feet in elevation. I had already picked some jet/needle combos before leaving, but the high fuel pressure meant that the tune didn't respond appropriately. My speed was way down to avoid becoming too rich under load and misfiring. I pretty much became a hazard on the interstate and was forced to take back roads.

The pressure wasn't so high it wouldn't idle or run, it just wouldn't respond properly to calibration changes and continued to run rich under heavier loads at lower speeds. If I couldn't keep the RPMs/speed up, I had to drop out of fourth to keep the AF manageable.

Just got that pressure regulator put on today. It's a deadhead style, but it's working. Then I adjusted the idle mixture and secondary air valve. I still need to pop the top and change the secondary jets, but it's responding correctly to changes now.

Besides being able to immediately see carb adjustments, the dual AF gauge I installed shown me the intake manifold had uneven distribution, which I was able to fix with a modified carb spacer. It also immediately shown the fuel pump was over-pressuring. Well worth the money.

Especially as high as fuel is right now, being able to tune the carb to the edge of drivability for fuel economy is a big help. I'm resisting the urge to throw on one of those newfangled electric carbs...for now. Having dual tanks is one reason. Plumbing return lines through a modified switch valve for both tanks isn't what I want to be doing at this time.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    I got a nice ride in today.

Name:	TrikeRide1.jpeg 
Views:	14 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	269627

I started to get a little carried away, then realized I didn't have any warm clothing if something went sideways, forcing me to spend a night out there. I stopped after a couple hours of riding and came back in. The only critters I seen were some speed goats, and a few of them would have run into me if I hadn't seen them and slowed down. There wasn't a single other person I seen, and I could see for miles.

I did find a good, compact fire extinguisher just lying in the middle of the gravel road. Bonus. That'll have a space on the front rack now.
    Last edited by ATC King; 07-04-2022 at 09:46 PM.

--
    Cool!

What's a speed goat?

--
    Speed goat is normally a pronghorn antelope, but I am unsure if there are any in Arkansas.

--
    Cool!

What's a speed goat?
    Cool indeed. There were defiant patches of snow up until a few weeks ago.

I hadn't heard the speed goat name until being out here. I like it. Yes, they're pronghorn, but they're not antelope, although also called that by some. They're the fastest land animal in North America. Besides them, I like to watch the mule deer bounce/slotting around, like they're just having fun. Of course, the elk and moose are fascinating because of their size. Plenty of elk carcasses around here. Just seen one last week that still had the horns on it (hunters may have lost it). I think I scared one moose from the bush while on my trike, which caused me to turn around quite quickly so not to provoke it while out by myself. The brush was a bit thick, but I'm pretty certain it was a bull moose. No helmet camera that time, so no evidence.

The magpies eating the roadkill prairie dogs faster than the buzzards is funny. Probably why the magpies seem to outnumber them. There's certainly no shortage of prairie dogs.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 90nut View Post
    Speed goat is normally a pronghorn antelope, but I am unsure if there are any in Arkansas.
    That's because I'm not in Arkansas...

Name:	IMG_20220603_162416__exported_1160_1654302277874~2.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	269628

Well, I'm not in Utah either. I had some time and took a bike day trip. All of the states through this area are just amazing. Plenty of off-road type riding opportunities because of the BLM lands. Montana, North and South Dakota, Wyoming, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, all of them I like to visit.

Getting out for any type of outdoor recreation in those states is a blast. I like my home state and getting back there, but I'm not missing the heat and humidity one-bit right now.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //