//ArrowChat Code
Page 285 of 308 FirstFirst ... 185 235 275 283 284 285 286 287 295 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,275 of 4609

Thread: What are you doing today? Thread

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    We will be heading out to Colorado, Utah, and Arizona in September. Won't be doing any off-roading but I got the wife talked into some dirt roads to some less visited places. I want to see the night sky with no light pollution so a couple nights will be away from towns.

We were in South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming a few years ago. It is scary driving 80-85 on the highways with those pronghorns all over the side of the road. In Arkansas, you start braking because you know a deer is going to cross the highway right in front of you.......and when there is one, there is usually one or two more to follow.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Arky-X View Post
    We will be heading out to Colorado, Utah, and Arizona in September. Won't be doing any off-roading but I got the wife talked into some dirt roads to some less visited places. I want to see the night sky with no light pollution so a couple nights will be away from towns.

We were in South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming a few years ago. It is scary driving 80-85 on the highways with those pronghorns all over the side of the road. In Arkansas, you start braking because you know a deer is going to cross the highway right in front of you.......and when there is one, there is usually one or two more to follow.
    I know you'll have a good time. When it's dry, a 2wd with a locking diff will get to most places within reason. When it's wet, there ain't much hope for anything. Some places go from drivable to unwalkable after a short rain.

The night sky out west is amazing. It's not too hard to get away from all road and rail traffic either on the gravel roads.

As for the critters running across the road, there's way more carcasses in the ditches than most people realize. I took a bicycle road ride out here a few weeks back and seen a whole lot more than is noticeable from a car. Several cows too. Open range+black cattle+dark nights = cowpow. Just because the speed limit may be 80 doesn't mean that's a good idea at night. This guy isn't driving like that. Ain't no driving away from animal contact at those speeds, and quite possibly a hospital trip.

I hope the weather for most of your trip is nice. That late in the year, some roads may already be affected by winter weather. I carry tire chains but haven't needed them yet. Not forced to pull into a chain up area so far. Got caught by a random snowstorm driving into Lake Tahoe one time. Cars all in the ditches. 10,000 feet and up, anything is possible, any time of the year.

It's nice to get back to Arkansas, especially after the mosquitoes, ticks, chiggers, and snakes aren't anywhere to be seen. I'll probably miss the fall colors but get back just in time for ice storms. Yea!
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    The Alpine Loop in Colorado is a great sight seeing mild off road route. The wife and I did it a couple of years ago in her stock Toyota FJ Cruiser.

--
    today i am still working on the master plan.....1st gen 200x with 300ex axle and running sprocket guard.

--
    Took my 1952 M38Cdn and 1951 PE-95K Gen Set to our local airshow over the weekend and proceeded to bake in 80 degree heat for 18 hours over 2 days. Not complaining though as we're only 6 weeks from potential frost again. Got some pics with the Shriners (awesome group who help sick kids) and our local Jiffy Jeep team who drive, stop, disassemble a highly modified M38A1, carry a short distance, re-assemble the jeep and drive away in around 2 1/2 minutes. Oh ya there were some airplanes there too, lol. My favorite was the US Air Force F-22 Raptor demonstration Team.....that thing is insane! I tried to bribe the USAF C5 Galaxy crew with moose pepperonis in letting me put my jeep into the cargo hold for a few pics....no dice. Our local brewing company made up a nice honey lime lager light beer to cool us down. Made a few trips there I'll tell ya!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5345R.jpg   67969690312__8E65C420-F37B-4631-8045-C604F9B3F87AR.jpg   IMG_5332R.jpg   IMG_5336R.jpg   IMG_5339R.jpg  
    Last edited by coolpool; 07-19-2022 at 10:06 AM.
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

--
    I made an OEM Honda parts order. Mostly consumables but also some spares while they're still available.

Also needing an oil change and not able to find Rotella 15-40 on the shelf at Wal-Mart for the past several weeks, I found that Bomgaars has it. Although, they also have a full line of Lucas oils, including automotive, diesel, two-cycle, motorcycle, ATV, and UTV.

The Lucas 15-40 was the same price as Rotella, so that's what I went with, because of the fancy label. It's even got an image of an engine on the label that closely resembles a Honda ATV engine...

I'll see if the smoky 200ES rejects it after being spoiled for years on the Rotella.

--
    Well, I joined the EV craze

​​​​​​​something for the back 40+

--
    I hope everyone is getting out there and riding...something other than a cage.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MelvinBrewTrip (3)1.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	269669Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MelvinBrewTrip (9)3.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	269670

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC King View Post
    I hope everyone is getting out there and riding...something other than a cage.
    You know it. Motorcycles remind me everyday why cars are so boring

I also don't seem to have road rage at all on a motorcycle, which is odd considering how many times car drivers not paying attention have almost plowed into me on a weekly basis. Full face helmet and vigilance for the win.

--
    Getting on the bike and just riding for the sake of it is therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    Full face helmet and vigilance for the win.
    Speaking of helmets, I'm going to start looking for a new one. All of mine are getting pretty old and the liners are falling apart or have holes worn through the fabric. I've replaced the check pads at least once because of wear.

I've been wearing a Nolan modular and I'm really liking the functionality of a modular helmet. It's nice not having to take it off when stopping for fuel or taking a quick picture. It has the internal retractable sun shield, like my HJC. That feature I'll never do without again. I have used the mirrored shields on the HJC and I really like those. It's a little inconvenient having to carry the clear, but blocking out much of the sun is worth it. I've been running just a dark tinted shield but want to make sure whatever helmet I choose next will have the mirrored ones available.

Top features I'm looking for are a removable liner, quiet, lightweight, retractable internal shield, cold weather accessories (like snowmobile type helmets), MIPS would be nice, good ventilation for the summer, and a helmet that actually uses a different shell size between medium and large.

Chances are I'll have to finally pony up the money for a top shelf helmet this time, but all the budget ones have lasted it's just they're a bit heavy and noisy.

No doubt I'll spend a couple hours researching what's available. Maybe next weekend I'll get a round tuit. The one I'm wearing now has pretty much lost all the comfort padding and my forehead is against the hard foam.

--
    I bought my first 250R. It needs a little love but runs great.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D6305A9E-BFA9-4CFD-B8B2-73BCC8F3B21E.jpeg   802398B9-9782-4317-85E4-8AFA204DA086.jpeg  

--
    Routine maintenance on the XR.

Oil & primary fluids..... fix that dangling rear tie mount & ground strap...... and contemplate a new rear tire. They don't wear at the same time.

Last edited by knappyfeet; 07-25-2022 at 10:00 PM.

--
    ^daumnnnn
    Lol, more slick than “tire”

Looks well enjoyed

--
    The wife signed us all up for a motorcycle safety course a month ago. At the end of the boring 4hr on-line part a few days before and the 6hr riding meet today...........We officially all passed the RMV license test at the end of class- YAY..... We've ridden just about every inch of massachussetts and now can "legally" go further
    shep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Shep1970; 07-31-2022 at 07:27 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep1970 View Post
    We officially all passed the RMV license test at the end of class- YAY..... We've ridden just about every inch of massachussetts and now can "legally" go further
    Massachusetts doesn't require a motorcycle endorsement on the drivers license?

I think it was during the 1970's before Arkansas did. It's kind of dumb though, because any idiot who wants to pull a giant camping trailer behind their pickup can do so without additional testing and licensing. They're more of a threat to other motorists than motorcyclists. Most of them can't even back their rigs up without it looking like a comedy show.
    Last edited by ATC King; 07-31-2022 at 08:26 PM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //