//ArrowChat Code
Page 287 of 306 FirstFirst ... 187 237 277 285 286 287 288 289 297 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,305 of 4587

Thread: What are you doing today? Thread

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep1970 View Post
    I can already see the future what the next few yrs will bring......While in Pennsylvania recently (we always find the nearest bike store and take a look around)
    The wife found this honda rebel 300? i think it was- actually fit her great and just by the look on her face was "yup i'm going get one....." and we've been married long enough so i know that look too well.
    so sooner or later......you other married guys must know this look too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Real cool Shep

Installed the Kuryakyn hitch and carrier and tested it out....in anticipation for our trip to Yellowstone next week.

Wife needs to take the kitchen sink. I've also been married long enough to know that OTHER look so I copitulated..

--
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post

Installed the Kuryakyn hitch and carrier and tested it out....in anticipation for our trip to Yellowstone next week...
    Yellowstone!

Man that would be a fantastic bike trip. I thought about something like that but it's so far away and my Evo is not as strong as I would like, running 2-up. No way in Hades I would go w/o the wife. Something like Sturgis, she would gladly say "go have a nice time alone" but def not Yellowstone. I've thought about renting a bigger touring bike.

I made reservations for October for me and the wife to ride out to Maggie Valley, NC to finally see Wheels Through Time museum and see some fall foliage....( Mostly for Wheels Through Time museum) (motorcycles)

I plan to take a bunch of pics too post up like I did in the tractor show thread. I hope you pay a bunch of pics too, Knappy. Ride safe homie.

https://youtu.be/oc2d3NXcvxE

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    made reservations for October for me and the wife to ride out to Maggie Valley, NC to finally see Wheels Through Time museum and see some fall foliage....( Mostly for Wheels Through Time museum) (motorcycles)
    My nephew told me about that museum....he's been there.....so cool

He's gonna take me there and tail of the dragon and to Graceland.....all of which I've never been before. I had to Google tail of the dragon. He lives in southern Ohio so the plan will be to ride down from there when we make that trip one day.

--
    Made it back from vacation, put 515 miles on the ole rzr, (fun but I dislike the thing. Wife likes it tho.) went to go grab my work truck last night and about 15 Miles into the drive the 20 yr old radiator in my forester decided it no longer wanted to contain coolant any more. Made it through one day at work, decided I would like to go back to my rustic camping from the last week.

--
    Wishing everyone a calm moment and thoughts.

I got in a 120 mile motorcycle ride today. I was testing a new programable ignition and things weren't quite right which made it a little tense, but I made it back and had a good ride overall. My laptop isn't communicating with the ignition, so I've got to sort that out.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    I was finally able to get in and tune the new ignition for my bike. The USB/Serial cable was bad.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (6).jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	269751

The Honda XR650L eats CDIs. I've been through two OEM and two Chinese ones. Hopefully this is the last. Besides being programable, it's got a tach and shift light output and is A/B curve switchable on the fly. I didn't need all of that but I'm running a XR600R engine with XR650L electronics in a XR650L so it's nice to have the programing flexibility.
    Last edited by ATC King; 08-27-2022 at 09:09 PM.

--
    ATV King if you don't mind sharing, what's the name and system you're using? My NX650 (that motor is now the XR650L) hybrid quad electronics died twice while at this years Imperial Invasion. Has been good for the last 10 years...I already tried the MSD unit years ago with no luck.

"HJ" Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oldfogey.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	1.2 KB 
ID:	269752
    ’84 YT60
    ’85 350x (423cc) with ’81 XL500 head conversion
    ’83 XR500 (628cc) converted 3 Wheel hybrid
    ’73 CB750 K3 converted 3 Wheel hybrid
    ’86 TRX250R chassis XR650L engine hybrid
    ’89 TRX250R (stock )
    ’90 LT500 Quadzilla
    ’85 FL350 Odysses ( water cooled head )
    Lost (sold) but not forgotten ’80 ATC 110 (205cc on alcohol ) ’83 200x ( 222cc ) ’83 200x ( 185s eng ) ’85 350x ( stock )
    added to the collection recently, (2) '70 US90 Aquarius Blue and '74 ATC90 Daytona Orange

--
    True story

So my buddy calls a few hours ago and says "wanna go for a short ride?"

Me: "yup. Where to?"

Him: "to the fork in the road"

Me: "ok whatever "

About ten miles later on some really rural backroads that are barely wider than a single lane wide out in cow country.... Which is the best place to live, I might add.... We rolled up on this where three different roads meet. It's an art project by a local highschool welding shop class erected out in the middle of nowhere, just because they can.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by HairyJR View Post
    ATV King if you don't mind sharing, what's the name and system you're using?
    It's from a Czech Republic company, available through this US company. https://www.spectrummoto.com/product...sparker-dccdip

The tuning software is available here. https://www.ignitech.cz/en/stahnout/aktualni-software

Thorough information has been posted on ThumperTalk. https://www.thumpertalk.com/forums/t...le-xr650l-cdi/

With the XR650L pulser boss, timing is physically limited to 8-28 degrees. Dropping in an XR600R pulser boss changes it to 6-30 degrees. No matter what is programed into the CDI, that is the limit. The pulser boss can be modified, welded on and ground to about a 10mm width that'll give a total possible advance of about 40 degrees, which is more than will ever be needed but gives the user the availability to go beyond the stock advance limit.

With the XR600R engine (a bit higher compression than the XR650L), it didn't like the A map at all. Too much advance too early. The first USB/Serial cable I got was bad and wouldn't communicate with the CDI. Not an Ignitech issue, just the hit or miss issue with those types of conversion cables; it happens.

BTW, it's ATC, not ATV King. I've never owned a running ATV, just crashed other people's ATVs because I can't ride them worth a hoot. A friend has warned people, 'He's going to crash it' shortly before a crash happened. True story and a warning for anyone who offers.
    Last edited by ATC King; 08-28-2022 at 11:16 PM.

--
    Sorry my mistake ATC King, didn't mean to insult you, love reading all your posts. Can't tell you all the mod's I've done to this motor. Originally built as 14:1 compression to run alcohol but starter was hit or miss at starting, had to bump start if it didn't start on first revolution. Tried bigger batteries, installed XR compression release and tried the MSD system using XR pulser boss, even welded up my own, it never worked. Was lead to a guy on TT who used a 24 volt start system and I installed it with a few mod's, end of starting problem. Wished I hadn't modified my frame and installed XR kick starter.

Thanks for the links it'll be on list of next upgrades.

Views:	40 
ID:	269753
    ’84 YT60
    ’89 TRX250R (stock )
    ’90 LT500 Quadzilla
    Lost (sold) but not forgotten ’80 ATC 110 (205cc on alcohol ) ’83 200x ( 222cc ) ’83 200x ( 185s eng ) ’85 350x ( stock )
    added to the collection recently, (2) '70 US90 Aquarius Blue and '74 ATC90 Daytona Orange

--
    Sorry my mistake ATC King, didn't mean to insult you, love reading all your posts.
    I was just having fun. No insult taken.

With your built engine there's a bit you can do to bring down the CR for starting and some of them you've already tried.

The chainsaw push-button type decompression devices probably don't have room in the Honda RFVC head. I think megacycle does cam regrinds on the stock cam which would retain the OEM decomp/anti-kick back function.

You've already tried the XR600R manual decomp, but there's also the Suzuki LS650/Savage which uses a electronic solenoid with the electric start to activate an external compression release lever.

Edit: A couple other things that may be of interest. One is the manual decomp in development for the XR650L, no XRR rocker cover swap required. https://www.spectrummoto.com/post/pr...date-4-20-2022

The other is the Dan Gurney Alligator bikes that use a highly modified XR650L engine. 710cc, 70hp, 140mph top speed, 0-60 3.1 seconds. There is more information on the engine upgrades but here's a couple sites with that info I listed and some pictures.

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/M...orcycle/181159

https://allamericanracers.com/gator-...1&page-album=5

In a couple of those pictures you can see the intake ports have been completely reworked to allow an almost straight path to the back of the valves. I don't know what the static compression ratio was but it probably wasn't 14:1 so there's probably nothing to glean there. I guess if you had installed a kickstarter, it would've helped getting it to TDC but beyond that, the thought of the pain a kickback would cause at that compression...dang. That's knee in chin stuff right there.
    Last edited by ATC King; 08-30-2022 at 09:30 PM.

--
    The current website has nothing about the Dan Gurney Alligator bike, years ago on the internet I spent hours reading all about it most of the info is gone. Even drove to his shop.

Had to weld/extend Kick starter shaft assembly, bent it but will work in an emergency.

Looked at push-button device as the big 660 Raptor motor guys used it.

No additional devices needed with the 24volt start system, cranks right thru compression, pegs a 300# pressure gauge. Short story during this years Invasion, quad wasn't running right, sounded funny. Performed compression test @ 190# and leak down test @ 30%, motor had 2 bent exhaust valves but if hit starter it would start and run, thanks to the high compression piston.

This is a 713cc motor, with several internal changes, primary drive-clutch, parts of the XR, NX and L transmission.
    All repaired and ready for this years desert season.

Views:	36 
ID:	269764

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC07448.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	154.8 KB 
ID:	269765 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC07451.JPG 
Size:	147.7 KB 
ID:	269766 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC07466.JPG 
Size:	149.4 KB 
ID:	269767 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC07467.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	148.5 KB 
ID:	269768 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC07469.JPG 
Size:	147.6 KB 
ID:	269769
    ’84 YT60
    ’89 TRX250R (stock )
    ’90 LT500 Quadzilla

--
    The current website has nothing about the Dan Gurney Alligator bike, years ago on the internet I spent hours reading all about it most of the info is gone. Even drove to his shop.

That's awesome you got to go to his shop. It seems like he was along the same lines of John Britten in ingenuity and determination.

I too noticed there isn't as much detailed information online about the Alligators as there used to be.

Those are some crazy cool rides you have. Thanks for sharing.

A few years back I rebuilt the XR600R engine, stock as far as power, but used the XRL primary along with XRL first, NX second, and FMX fifth transmission gears. I scored a new Edelbrock Quicksilver II pumper a year or so back and have been running that. I have wondered why Gurney chose the RFVC powerplant over the numerous other air-cooled thumpers. It has its weaknesses and seems like there may have been better choices. The DR650 is certainly more powerful stock and I had a LS650 that was plenty of fun. The LS was much quicker than an 883 stock for stock. I think both of those engines are heavier than the Honda RFVC though, and the splayed rockers/two lobe cam may be a weakness for big power. That and the DR is known for lunching third gear, although the BAJA Hondas had to revert to a four speed to keep the trans together. Powerful thumpers are just hell on transmissions and final drives anyway.

Years ago, I used to run the XR650R countershaft sprocket backwards but no way I'd run anything but the FritzCo one now. That guy really helped the XR600R/XR650L community tackle one of the big issues with those engines. I've got a couple extra stashed away. Just checked the ProCycle site and the 15t is out of stock.
    Last edited by ATC King; 09-01-2022 at 11:30 PM.

--
    We are dropping off my youngest (Jake) off at college today. (few days ago) Not going to see him again til turkey day- this is gonna suck, miss him already. Honestly havent been teary eyed in a long time. Ya this is not fun. Great for him but..... damn this is a hard thing to do.
    Wrote this yesterday, wasn't sure if i was going to post it or not. Haven't been w/son in over 24hrs not sure how dads deal with this......I will survive but its an odd feeling for sure. He is/was like my shadow/my buddy.
    I keep going over different memories of him, even this last summer most any extra time we'd cruise around on the Groms and he'd hook up the helmet intercoms (i dont know how) yet...
    They say all parents go through this but it is definitely not easy/ its the hardest thing ive had to deal with in a very long time.
    Just rambling i know, but its keeping me occupied.

48hrs later: getting better but no phone calls have just received texts from him.....they say that parents should do something new that he wasnt apart of. Well we tried that we went to a town fair and all i could do is wish he was here, like i always do the swings ride, well he was the one who'd ride w me. And the corn dogs.... cant even look at them.
    All i want to know is if he misses us as much as we do-

Well i do wish him the best of luck, never realized it would be this hard and i know its time to let go. I'll actually have time to finish up a few projects now i suppose.
    Everything i see reminds me of him/everything.
    To every dad out there... enjoy every second while your child is growing up, looking back now i would have spent more time w/him this summer before he left. Just wanna give him a big hug and not let go, but need to.

Gonna post this but i am fine life goes on. Yes a depressing post i apologize. This was my few moments of escape the last few days but i am feeling better now.
    Love my kids i'd do anything for them.

shep- the sappy human

--
    I know what your going threw Shep and I feel for you , we just sent my daughter off for her second year of college , it affects my wife a little more than me lol . My son is only 16 so he has a couple more years of high school .
    It’s definitely tough but lots of text / checking in helps .
    Last edited by shortline10; 09-06-2022 at 10:55 PM.
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //