//ArrowChat Code
Page 292 of 306 FirstFirst ... 192 242 282 290 291 292 293 294 302 ... LastLast
Results 4,366 to 4,380 of 4587

Thread: What are you doing today? Thread

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post

I wish I’d broken a bone instead, I know they heal, torn muscles not so much.
    100%

Soft tissue damage takes a long time to heal, hurts the whole time, and often continues to be problematic years later.

The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Today I am doing…………………………………………..NOTHING!

Did something to the calf muscle on my right side leg. Been laying in bed for two days praying I’ll be able to kickstart a bike again one day. I wish I’d broken a bone instead, I know they heal, torn muscles not so much.

Good to see you here again Rob!
    Sorry to hear......that sucks.

Get well soon

--
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    Sorry to hear......that sucks.

Get well soon
    Not all is lost. I’m getting caught up on a bunch of computer work and last night I hopped downstairs and started putting together pieces for a new project.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BF96CD09-CA9A-4841-AFB1-04A05E8CE5DE.jpeg 
Views:	14 
Size:	323.9 KB 
ID:	270453
    It sucks to get old

--
    I put a set of sumo wheels on my XR650L and those look like the same brand, minus the orange caution tape. They came with the same tires too.

I've been very satisfied with them. No spokes have loosened up all the bearings still feel good after a few river crossings and that rear sprocket is extremely lightweight and the steel portion very hard and long lasting, but eventually the rivets became loose and I replaced it with a fancy lightweight* steel sprocket before it had a chance to grenade. The steel sprocket that looks like twine is holding it together is still heavier than what the wheels came with.

The coating on the hubs has held color well but the spider on the front rotor is salmon now.

Once the original tires wore out I put something more ADV on them. I'll get around to taping them up for tubeless use. The tubes in those size of tires are super heavy and I'd imagine that every tire that fits them is tubeless anyway. If you're still running tubes, those tires on those rims are easy to break down and install if you get a flat.
    Last edited by ATC King; 02-28-2023 at 06:54 PM.

--
    I spent some time with the 185S/200S hybrid and put on some parts that have been collecting dust for a while.

The cracked intake that I smothered in silicone to limp on a while longer got replaced with a genuine Honda one. I forgot how supple a fresh one is, it actually has flex to it.

Name:	IntakeReplace_compressed.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	926.2 KB 
ID:	270456

With the carb off I forgot this is the one I put an adjustable float in a couple years back. It's still working fine.

Name:	AdjustableFloat (2)_compressed.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	270457

The bolt-on peg extensions from Wicked Metal are a huge improvement in being able to keep feet on them compared to the originals.

Name:	PegExtensions_compressed.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	827.3 KB 
ID:	270458

The clear plastic float bowl, which I almost forgot about, got put on. I've had this dude stuffed away for a minute.

Name:	ClearFloatBowl (2)_compressed.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	270459Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ClearFloatBowl (1)_compressed_compressed.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	270460

I rode it about half an hour and no problems so far. If the bowl doesn't discolor for a few years I'll be happy with it. It has the drain and overflow tube like OE, which some other ones don't.
    Last edited by ATC King; 02-28-2023 at 08:03 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC King View Post
    I put a set of sumo wheels on my XR650L and those look like the same brand, minus the orange caution tape. They came with the same tires too.

I've been very satisfied with them. No spokes have loosened up all the bearings still feel good after a few river crossings and that rear sprocket is extremely lightweight and the steel portion very hard and long lasting, but eventually the rivets became loose and I replaced it with a fancy lightweight* steel sprocket before it had a chance to grenade. The steel sprocket that looks like twine is holding it together is still heavier than what the wheels came with.

The coating on the hubs has held color well but the spider on the front rotor is salmon now.

Once the original tires wore out I put something more ADV on them. I'll get around to taping them up for tubeless use. The tubes in those size of tires are super heavy and I'd imagine that every tire that fits them is tubeless anyway. If you're still running tubes, those tires on those rims are easy to break down and install if you get a flat.
    These are branded KKE and I’m blown away by what came for the price. Easily 30% less than buying the pieces separately and they shipped bushings and caliper mounts to suit every KTM from 1998 to at least 2013 and maybe more.

Thanks for the heads up on the sprocket, I’ll keep an eye on it.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Yep, the same brand ones I have.

The main reason I bought them was for the cush hub. KKE has a non cush version, but for street riding the Honda really needs the cush. Compared to my XL600R which came with it stock, the XR650L with a stock rear wheel feels really harsh under certain loads and engine speeds while riding pavement (with street tires).

The cush hub rear wheels adds some weight, but I'm not racing. So far, every bit of it has held up very well. No noticeable slack in the cush rubbers or the bearing in the assembly.

I would've preferred stock wheel diameter and width with a cush hub but they only offer them in the sumo sizes. The RAD cush hub (maybe it was some other brand) had some growing pains and I opted for the KKE wheelset instead.

The front brake rotor is so large though, I have to remove the brake pads to remove/install the wheel. One bolt and the pads come out, it's not a huge deal but it's still more involved than OE. I'll get around to putting a stock size rotor on it, or as close as I can find. I don't need that large of a front brake rotor for how I ride. The stock front brake is more than capable of raising the rear tire. The KKE wheels use a Honda CRF bolt pattern for the rotors and sprocket and dirt bike rotors aren't nearly as thick as dual sport rotors. For street use, heavier bikes, and higher speeds, thicker rotors are needed. I'll figure it out.

I'd buy another set of the KKE wheels. No regerts.

--
    Been entertained each night by our roving dependents that I feed. They showed up really late this year and at most it's been 7 versus the 13 I seen last year. It was a brutal winter last year so I suspect even some of the fed ones succumbed. I always see lots of hair scattered about and was happy to see the camera has caught a couple of does hunched up with ears laid back ready to lay a beating on another. Funny, I don't remember Disney ever showing does pounding each other with hooves....it's something to watch live.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0121r.JPG   IMG_0026r.JPG   IMG_0021r.jpg   IMG_0087r.JPG  
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

--
    A dang bobcat is hanging around the house again. Was just outside and heard one scream about the same distance I have before then one a whole lot closer, enough that I could have shown a light on it. Ugh. They're not a threat to people, normally, but this dude doesn't seem to care if it hears people around, it gets closer, and has in the past.

We do have yard birds but there's no way it's getting to them in the coupe. If that joker climbs my leg I'll have to get a rabies shot and I'd rather not.

We used to leave cat and dog food out but I got tired of raccoons and possums coming up on the porch and me seeing them when I came outside.

--
    Smith also sent a pic of my new anvil ready to ship
    500lb of fun!
    (I hope those straps hold)
    Off to bed, under the weather

Also picked up a new to me 87 200x

--
    Ps, if anyone has a headlight guard for the x ( or any of the BR parts I need as posted in for sale area, hit me up)

--
    I have a 83-85 200x guard that will fit on your x. A bit weathered, a bit bent, ya some surface rust too but with a little heat and the right tools and paint she'd be nice for that honda.
    Price is free- but wont ship but if your interested it"ll be about a month, since nice weather should be here soon for a bike (honda grom) ride to your neck of the woods (not necessarily your home) but your town to pass it off to you.
    No problem at all if you'd rather find a nicer one, it'll find a home someday.

Name:	F399FDC6-D84D-4D22-89AB-784630AE373F.jpeg 
Views:	1 
Size:	188.1 KB 
ID:	270495 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0839C994-914B-48AC-8F32-7E2B9942DD8E.jpeg 
Size:	205.4 KB 
ID:	270496 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E0C28AE6-B705-4AB2-ABAC-9D4B85C6705E.jpeg 
Size:	198.6 KB 
ID:	270497

shep

--
    Sold!

Take your time, wait for salt to be gone

--
    A downpour of rain and mid 60's the roads will be mine..... I'll be in touch.

shep

--
    Quote Originally Posted by plastikosmd View Post
    Smith also sent a pic of my new anvil ready to ship
    500lb of fun!
    (I hope those straps hold)
    Off to bed, under the weather

Wow...500lbs!

I can't get that at Harbor Freight......what are you planning for it?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //