//ArrowChat Code
Page 295 of 306 FirstFirst ... 195 245 285 293 294 295 296 297 305 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,425 of 4587

Thread: What are you doing today? Thread

--
    Well, the “215lb Peter Wright” that I thought I owned turns out to be a 1904 or so Hay Budden.

Cleaned the patina and oiled it up. It should make someone happy (I don’t really have room for 2 anvils)

--
    Quote Originally Posted by coolpool View Post
    Plastik...the sander doesn't match the overall patina in there, lol.

El Cam...I just about choked with the broken rubber thing, lol. I have an indigenous friend who calls his brother "two rubbers" meaning his dad should have used that, lmfao.
    Broken Rubber had a buddy, “cousin” that worked with us as well. Someone named him “Two Dogs” as in two dogs f****** because he was so lazy.

One Monday morning Two Dogs doesn’t show up to work. No big deal, happened once or twice a month. Then he didn’t show up on Tuesday and we started wondering if maybe he had been arrested, as that was another habit of his. He finally showed up on Thursday and when we asked him what happened he said that he was out at the Res for the weekend and one of his cousins won $1,000 on a scratch and win ticket.

The owner says, “what’s that got to do with you missing three days of work?” Two Dogs looks bewildered at the question as he replies, “We didn’t run out of money until last night” Duh.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by plastikosmd View Post
    Well, the “215lb Peter Wright” that I thought I owned turns out to be a 1904 or so Hay Budden.

Cleaned the patina and oiled it up. It should make someone happy (I don’t really have room for 2 anvils)

That’s some classic heavy metal right there. Are you gonna put it up for sale?
    It sucks to get old

--
    Yep, on fb atm

Few hundred clicks

Will see

--
    Nice anvils, my son brought home his new anvil a couple days ago.......hope the trains dont need this piece. (poor man's anvil)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22E54573-6C7E-4425-8961-4F7A9C27507C.jpeg 
Views:	7 
Size:	159.2 KB 
ID:	270558

shep

--
    Those work great!

I have one on my bench also.

So I’ve had this ?heat treating? Oven for 20 years. PO had piped it directly from his inside NG line. I guess it worked but I needed to use on LP. The 18 orifices were almost 5/16”

I couldn’t get any heat or good flame. So time to make a more appropriate LP orifice(s).

18 brass orifices, 5/16-18 and #14 drill, added 2 flats (quick and dirty) for 1/4” wrench.

Size F drill to clean up and tap.

Easily went up to 1400 deg F. I probably could get a bit more out of it fiddling with a mixture, but anything above the tempering temperature is fine for me.

--
    Nice plasticos!

Deal of the day...free!.... Craftsman 14 inch band saw and a shop vac.

Came home for lunch and my neighbor had a sign on it for free.

Needs the rubber band around the lower wheel but it cuts like a dream and it's quiet.

--
    Also got a new air compressor for the jeep

--
    Quote Originally Posted by plastikosmd View Post
    Also got a new air compressor for the jeep

That thing is loaded for “air”
    It sucks to get old

--
    Today, ya todays going to be maintenance on the truck day/ maybe tomorrow too. Oil change/ front struts/ belts(3) tire rotation/ air filter and remove acorns that some critter has gracefully put in the void(hollow part of hood) over the winter.

avoiding starting so writing this contemplating where to start.......75* today and sunny and the may flies/biting bugs are waking up for spring......

prepping for 10 day road trip south (running outa time)

shep

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9ED7B34B-2F38-4274-824A-4D98B3560DC2.jpeg 
Views:	7 
Size:	136.8 KB 
ID:	270564

--
    Trying to buy the family farm, grandpa is long gone, grandma needs some more money "available " so all her stuff can stay running, meanwhile the kids are selling off the farm and she doesn't even know. Prices are so high around here are so high that it's almost impossible for regular Joe's to keep the dream alive.

--

--
    Haha......where's she hiding her dick!

Barns.... What's the word on those bmw x-police bikes? Are there any good?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    Haha......where's she hiding her dick!

Barns.... What's the word on those bmw x-police bikes? Are there any good?
    Hey, what's up. Where the hell did everybody go, this thread used to get a couple posts a day?

It is a bit tricky buying any brand of police bike unless you can test ride it. I have had around 7 of the air cooled (2013 and earlier) bmw models, and only had an issue with one, which turned out to be a bad drive shaft causing it to feel like the clutch was slipping, so i took it to the dealer because the bike has to literally be split in half on the 2013 and earlier models, and the mechanic diagnosed it as being a bad clutch, so he replaced the clutch and it did the exact same thing, so i took it back and they told me it was actually the driveshaft that was slipping because it is a 2 piece shaft and one end is pressed into a rubber drive gear. which of course strips out with so much hp, weight, and abuse, so they refunded most of my money on the clutch job. I think the driveshaft problem is on the 2009 and earlier models but not positive.

now for the shorter answer to your question, lol.

They are good bikes as long as you get a low mile one before they get abused too much, like 40k or less which is hard to find. the ones produced after around 2013 have the clutch where it can easily be changed and they are water cooled where they previous ones are not, plus the transmissions were improved, so the best ones are the later ones, but the earlier ones are good as well, just not as good. The 2014 and newer models can easily be identified by looking at the rubber spark plug wire on the valve cover which runs horizontally on those models. it is vertical on the pre 2014 models.

All those bikes torque to the right a little and lift a little under hard acceleration, but its not an issue.

i have a Honda police bike for sale that is nice, and only has 25k miles, and i like those much better.
    Last edited by rpeters; 04-19-2023 at 10:14 AM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by rpeters View Post
    Hey, what's up. Where the hell did everybody go, this thread used to get a couple posts a day?

It is a bit tricky buying any brand of police bike unless you can test ride it. I have had around 7 of the air cooled (2013 and earlier) bmw models, and only had an issue with one, which turned out to be a bad drive shaft causing it to feel like the clutch was slipping, so i took it to the dealer because the bike has to literally be split in half on the 2013 and earlier models, and the mechanic diagnosed it as being a bad clutch, so he replaced the clutch and it did the exact same thing, so i took it back and they told me it was actually the driveshaft that was slipping because it is a 2 piece shaft and one end is pressed into a rubber drive gear. which of course strips out with so much hp, weight, and abuse, so they refunded most of my money on the clutch job. I think the driveshaft problem is on the 2009 and earlier models but not positive.

now for the shorter answer to your question, lol.

They are good bikes as long as you get a low mile one before they get abused too much, like 40k or less which is hard to find. the ones produced after around 2013 have the clutch where it can easily be changed and they are water cooled where they previous ones are not, plus the transmissions were improved, so the best ones are the later ones, but the earlier ones are good as well, just not as good. The 2014 and newer models can easily be identified by looking at the rubber spark plug wire on the valve cover which runs horizontally on those models. it is vertical on the pre 2014 models.

All those bikes torque to the right a little and lift a little under hard acceleration, but its not an issue.

i have a Honda police bike for sale that is nice, and only has 25k miles, and i like those much better.
    Thank you for the heads up.

I figured since you've dealt with so many of them in the past and different types you would know best.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //