//ArrowChat Code
Page 65 of 308 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 165 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you doing today? Thread

--
    Putting a deposit down on a small sawmill. Pto driven belsaw. I guess I will now have a use for my metal detector, looking for nails/chain etc prior to milling

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by plastikosmd View Post
    Putting a deposit down on a small sawmill. Pto driven belsaw. I guess I will now have a use for my metal detector, looking for nails/chain etc prior to milling
    Eager to see pics of the mill, if possible.

--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13993006-216C-4B5E-AA48-904AE87D43AC.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	248241

Best overall shot as I was really there to take pics for reassembly
    Blade would be to the right in pic, not mounted

Update:Ugh sorry about rotation, pic is rotated 90deg ccw

--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13993006-216C-4B5E-AA48-904AE87D43AC.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	248241

Best overall shot as I was really there to take pics for reassembly
    Blade would be to the right in pic, not mounted

Update:Ugh sorry about rotation, pic is rotated 90deg ccw
    I would love to have a sawmill! I heat with wood only, and have saved several logs that are just too nice to cut up for firewood. I guess I never thought of a pto driven mill, but since I have a tractor to power one, it seems like a good idea.

--
    Plastikos has all the fun Man-stuff

I think he's building a self-sustaining compound over there so when the SHTF he can open up a new city of survivors called Plastikos Gulch.....I might read too much Ayn Rand, though

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Nice!!!!

PTO......... meaning you could use one of your tractors no?

Time to get what ironchop hinted to...........steam powered tractor!

--
    Yes correct, I can run it off a tractor
    I won’t feel bad with an engine sitting out in the back 50 mostly unused. I don’t think the Oliver crawler will have the oomph except for small cuts. I plan to put a grapple on that one for loading the logs or pushing them up a ramp to load on the saw carriage. I hope to get the ih340 crawler done next year. That will power it or the deere TLB. Assembly will be a spring project as I want to sink some sono tubes and pour concrete footings (and yes iron, u need some lighter reading!)

--
    Will see if this pic comes across

Pto shaft is that black thing at about 10:00, connected to arbor that runs from left to right, blade would be on right. The “gearing”is the indexing carriage

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    Plastikos has all the fun Man-stuff

I think he's building a self-sustaining compound over there so when the SHTF he can open up a new city of survivors called Plastikos Gulch.....I might read too much Ayn Rand, though

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    he does have some really cool stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    Nice!!!!

PTO......... meaning you could use one of your tractors no?

Time to get what ironchop hinted to...........steam powered tractor!
    Next time I'm over at my buddy's, I'll get some pics of his steam tractors. I don't know if he still does it haven't seen him in a couple of years, but he used to have a sawing party on the second weekend of October. Everybody brings food to share and they make up a small batch of Apple Jack in a small still. He saws up logs, old telephone poles, and lumber and everybody kind of pitches in moving logs and stuff. Good times!

He also has a big hand in the local Threshing Show, some pretty cool stuff there.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Cool= rusty, old, loud
    Yep

--
    That would be an overkill mill for my needs, but it is very cool nonetheless. I will probably fabricate my own mill, with some help from a few of my friends. Actually, I wouldn't be averse to buying a pto driven buzz saw. I have seen a few listed locally on CL for very little money.

--
    I got one of those for a tractor I have but more for cordwood. What about an Alaskan style mill or old bandsaw with reasonable capacity+gas motor+some steel rail and u could make your own hudson style mill

--
    I got one of those for a tractor I have but more for cordwood. What about an Alaskan style mill or old bandsaw with reasonable capacity+gas motor+some steel rail and u could make your own hudson style mill
    I've googled "sawmill" and seen some amazing contraptions, some good, some not so much. I have a friend that has a Harbor Freight sawmill that actually does a pretty good job, but it is limited to use for smaller diameter logs. It also has a high cheddar factor, which is to say that the build quality is a bit on the cheesy side. I would like to borrow an Alaskan mill just to see how well it works. A band type blade would result in a smoother finish and a thinner kerf, thus less waste, but I am working on a few things for which the very rough finish left by milling with a chain would actually be an asset.

--
    There is also a machine called a ripsaw
    Chainsaw motor w bandsaw, manual like the Alaskan style. I was thinking of making one until I came into this machine

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //