//ArrowChat Code
Page 9 of 308 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 109 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you doing today? Thread

--
    Wow!

You got me at block heater. When I was a kid I saw block heaters in the JC Whitney catalogs and asked my father......"what's a block heater?"............. he said you don't want to ever need one.

Btw.....nice description.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    It's hard to describe, but if you were to lock yourself in a meat freezer, close your eyes and think about having to wake up st 3:00am on a Monday morning to blow mounds of snow for three hours in order to get your vehicle out of the driveway so that you could get to work on time.

Now imagine that you've completed your blowing and shoveling only to find out that the breaker tripped on the circuit that was powering your block heater and now your car won't start so you need to find a neighbor who is willing to drive over and boost your battery long enough to get the car to start. unfortunately he's a bit of a late riser, so you'll have to help him shovel out his driveway in order to get his car over to give you that boost.

Now imagine that you've gotten to work all be at a little bit late but your boss is understanding because he lives in the same harsh environment that you do. Around noon your wife calls to tell you that the furnace has gone out. You call the repair man, but they have a three day backlog, so you have to ask your boss if you can go home and try and get the furnace fired up.

When you get home you are greeted with a fresh snow drifts across that driveway you cleaned out in the morning, so you have to park your car on the road and walk to the house. You will probably be able to get the furnace going, but in three hours it took you to do it the wind cooled your engine off to the point that you can no longer start your car, so you go hunting around for extension cords all over your property to try to string some out far enough to get your block heater plugged in out on the road. Once connected you fire up your blower and start clearing your driveway again so that you can get the car into the garage and repeat the cycle of winter survival in central Canada.

Fortunately spring will arrive in a few more months at which time you will be greeted with the beautiful view of bright green leafs emerging from previously frozen branches and the songs of birds returning from the south. You will also have the opportunity to wash your car for the first time in many many months, only to find that your three-year-old car now has what we call pork chops all around the wheel wells and rocker panels. These are caused by all the salt that is dumped on the road during the winter in order to reduce the amount of ice.

I think that's enough, you can come out of that meat freezer now and if it makes you feel any better the temperature in that meat freezer was probably about the same as what we would call a "nice day" in February.

In my 50 years of living in Minnesnowda, I have NEVER had a winter day like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    It's hard to describe, but if you were to lock yourself in a meat freezer, close your eyes and think about having to wake up st 3:00am on a Monday morning to blow mounds of snow for three hours in order to get your vehicle out of the driveway so that you could get to work on time.

Now imagine that you've completed your blowing and shoveling only to find out that the breaker tripped on the circuit that was powering your block heater and now your car won't start so you need to find a neighbor who is willing to drive over and boost your battery long enough to get the car to start. unfortunately he's a bit of a late riser, so you'll have to help him shovel out his driveway in order to get his car over to give you that boost.

Now imagine that you've gotten to work all be at a little bit late but your boss is understanding because he lives in the same harsh environment that you do. Around noon your wife calls to tell you that the furnace has gone out. You call the repair man, but they have a three day backlog, so you have to ask your boss if you can go home and try and get the furnace fired up.

When you get home you are greeted with a fresh snow drifts across that driveway you cleaned out in the morning, so you have to park your car on the road and walk to the house. You will probably be able to get the furnace going, but in three hours it took you to do it the wind cooled your engine off to the point that you can no longer start your car, so you go hunting around for extension cords all over your property to try to string some out far enough to get your block heater plugged in out on the road. Once connected you fire up your blower and start clearing your driveway again so that you can get the car into the garage and repeat the cycle of winter survival in central Canada.

Fortunately spring will arrive in a few more months at which time you will be greeted with the beautiful view of bright green leafs emerging from previously frozen branches and the songs of birds returning from the south. You will also have the opportunity to wash your car for the first time in many many months, only to find that your three-year-old car now has what we call pork chops all around the wheel wells and rocker panels. These are caused by all the salt that is dumped on the road during the winter in order to reduce the amount of ice.

I think that's enough, you can come out of that meat freezer now and if it makes you feel any better the temperature in that meat freezer was probably about the same as what we would call a "nice day" in February.
    Now,,,times that by 85 head of dairy cows ,,that MUST be milked twice a day, regardless of ANY and all circumstances. A fleet of 16 tractors, machinery and many other various machines that MUST be kept running,,,,and you now know where I got my character,,,,or,,,,stupidity from ... I still LOVE winter. It is calm, peaceful, quiet, and snowmobiling is hands down the most fun one can have with your clothes on...But that's just me, I am not in the majority of thinking around here either. And btw, what El said is an actual day for MANY. And it can be much worse lol...
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    Yeah ......but look how nasty the women are .......ooow la la !
    I'd bang her on a block heater

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    In my 50 years of living in Minnesnowda, I have NEVER had a winter day like that.
    You're either blessed, or it doesn't get real cold where you are. Drive 3 hours North and a little to the West for the full winter experience. If that's not enough keep going for another 12 hours and you get to leave your truck running 24/7 because it's -50C and your transmission and power steering pumps will freeze up if you shut the vehicle off. The only way around leaving them on at -50C is to wrap the vehicle with a tarp and have two circulating block heaters on, but even then you need to start it up at 5:00am if you want to drive it at 7:00am. I've broken shifter linkage and water pump shafts when in a rush to get going and on one of our work trucks the power steering shaft snapped when they tried to move the wheel after warming it up for two hours. Metal does weird things when it gets cold.

BTW, we Canucks love watching the US news the day after you get a few inches of snow. Bumper cars "merican style" is our favorite show!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    Yeah ......but look how nasty the women are .......ooow la la !
    You can keep on wishing they were all California girls, but David Lee Roth was scooting strip joints in Winnipeg for hotties to appear in his videos back in the late 80's. Cold weather breeds some sweet looking women (but still bitchy as all heck) and because we feed em more natural foods than the ones South of the 49th they don't get them big ol corn fed butts the girls in North Dakota were famous for back when I was chasin tail.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    I'm in central MN, worst we get is -30 and it ain't for long. Gets a bit colder up north. Plenty of tards after a snow storm fer sure, even here. If it was legal to play bumper cars on the street I would be doing it to push the idiot wussies outta the way.

I've heard that the "Southern ice" they get south of the snow belt is worse than our "Northern ice". At least that's the way it looks on the news.
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

--
    glamy's used to seeing this type soooo.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Caitlyn-Jenner-Vanity-Fair-Pictures.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	242152

Name:	5a890c056e90e99fc71e072d78f55e34.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	242153

--
    2 days worth of rain, temp stays at 35 for 3 days straight then plummets to 18 mid day as its still raining and this is what happens. Its SLICK.

Unprepared...wrong tires...tons of female drivers panicking to get home after receiving the call that 2012 snowmageddon is happening.

Turned my 30 min commute into a nerve wrecking 5 hour drive low on gas that took me to a town 45 minutes out of the way on a good day.... Made it home, then had to leave again to go get my girlfriend(one of many aforementioned female drivers)...Yall can keep that winter ...

Name:	0128141144a.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	242154Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0128141621.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	791.1 KB 
ID:	242155Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0128141641.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	966.3 KB 
ID:	242156Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0207140702.jpg 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	242157
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

--
    See what I mean El? Southern Ice!!!

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    I hate driving in that crap! It looks like the bed of your truck has developed abominable pains.

--

Name:	april 8th 2007.jpg 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	242172

EL summed it up. LOL This was a pic on April 8th 2007. Rare snow storm but pic worthy. Up noirth at the cottage I have seen -40. Bone chilling.

Canadian life. Is what it is. I have family on the east coast. Last couple of years they got pounded with snow. I think most people think that we Canadians live in Igloos and eat Moose.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    Well yesterday we went to slide rock canyon st park in sedona az. Kind reminded me of NH kankamangus(sp) swimming in the river for us northeast guys. Kids had a blast but the water was chilly, your toes would go numb.
    There was rv and tent camping nearby also. Of course our hotel was two hour drive away but worth the trip.......
    Town of sedona was full of shops, a very busy place!!(traffic) the sights around it were great. Check it out if u can.
    The road from prescott az to sedona rt 89a through the mountains i recomend highly!!! (Not if u dont like hights though)

Name:	image.jpg 
Size:	2.49 MB 
ID:	242221 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Size:	2.44 MB 
ID:	242222 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Size:	2.85 MB 
ID:	242223
    In first pic theres a road if u zoom in, drop offs around every sharp bend!!

Arizona trip
    Shep

--
    Thinking of selling my avatar.

Kids have all outgrown it physically but not mentally. It just sits

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

--
    Drinking beer...

I have been slugging tires for the last 2 weeks. Changing from winter to summer tires. Or tyres for you American folk.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //