//ArrowChat Code
Page 288 of 289 FirstFirst ... 188 238 278 286 287 288 289 LastLast
Results 4,306 to 4,320 of 4333

Thread: What are you doing today? Thread

  1. #4306
    Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Arkansas
    --
    526
    Shep, It is different having an empty nest at our house. Oldest started her first job out of college in June and the boy is in his last year of college. He already has a job lined up when he graduates in May so although we will have 2 off the payroll, it is still a little sad. Thankfully they are only about 2.5 hours away but who knows where their careers take them.
    All I can suggest is be proud you raised good kids and they are on the right path. That means so much.

  2. #4307
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Not here
    --
    4,725
    My kids are all grown up. Youngest is 27.

    My daughter's were the worst to let go of. We ended up moving to the same state/town our oldest daughter went to college in to help my wife deal with it. Helicopter parents? Yes.

    I kind of went overboard with the protective dad thing

    They were both tiny stature and pretty girls and were right out there by themselves and I was worried 24/7. I dropped youngest one of them off her first week of college and all three of her dorm roommates were very pretty and tiny build girls. Wasn't a single one over 5'1" and not more than 105 lbs if they were lucky. I get in there and meet them all and suddenly I'm lecturing them all about sticking together and being careful at parties because ain't none of them bigger than a bar of soap.

    So I'm asking if any of them have a gun and one girl said "my dad tried to get me a gun but I told him I'd be fine" and I looked at her all crazy and said "what in the blue hell is wrong with you?! You aren't fine. You're a tiny freshman pretty girl and you're a target" my wife was telling me to quit scaring them so then we go to bickering for a minute about campus safety and how they shouldn't assume a dam thing......

    So I ask "any of you got a knife? I'll give you one of mine" and my daughter wouldn't take the gun but I ended up leaving a couple good pig stickers with those girls and I went out and bought every one of them a can of pepper spray and got them to at least take that much from me and left. They seemed grateful but a bit rattled. Liz says the one girl told her dad who tried to give her a gun what I had done and he apparently said "see, I told you that's what Dad's do"

    They thought we were nuts.

    Fast forward, my daughter started packing a gun last week (several years after college though). LOL

    Called it

    Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

  3. #4308
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    East of Worcester ma
    --
    1,281
    Thanks guys, chop we didnt mention weapons but being a culinary school their personal knife bag is never too far away if not on them most times. One thing i did was (some may think this odd) we discussed a out of the way meet up point 1/3 of the way home just in case the world goes to shitz (well u know what i mean) He's only 125miles from home but far enough to make me worry the wife rolled her eyes at that but i figured it couldnt hurt.
    I made the mistake of not scheduling any work this week so when i sit i think and thinking is not good at this point.
    His dorm floor is if i had to guess is 85% female, girls surround his room- the girls across the hall have already offered to do his ironing (chef whites) when needed. Through the whole covid thing dating/or even meeting a girl was tough/ non-existant so i'm hoping theres more interaction, i think he still has alot to learn on that subject.

    We actually spoke/ face timed the other night (he needed $ his debt card wouldnt work) our bank is tight on fraud and we/he didnt inform them he was at college. All good now.

    Were surviving but damn this is not easy.

    shep

  4. #4309
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Not here
    --
    4,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep1970 View Post
    ...... One thing i did was (some may think this odd) we discussed a out of the way meet up point 1/3 of the way home just in case the world goes to shitz (well u know what i mean) He's only 125miles from home but far enough to make me worry....
    I'm STILL trying to get that into my daughters' heads. One is 150 miles away and the other is 275 miles away from us. My son is local (lives in our house... again) and he's more on board with the "just in case" stuff. My youngest daughter started waking up just in the past two years. Both daughters save up food and firearms but are still woefully unprepared so we try to have enough for everyone for at least a few months. I do wish they would take things more seriously because all signs point to upcoming hard times and probably another huge war if not a domestic war, either one or both started by our Fascist Nazi President. So much hateful and violent rhetoric domestically and against other countries. So much inflation, shortages, infrastructure collapse being forecasted. You'd have to be foolish not to heed the possiblity.

    I want no part of a civil war. I just want to hide on the mountain while the village idiots from both far political sides beat the crap out of each other. My preps are to survive the desperate village idiots and have enough food and stuff to get me through until I die and won't have to worry about it anymore. Let the village idiots destroy each other while I shelter my family from the storm. Nothing in DC worth saving outside of the Bill of Rights anyway. We'll be lucky if our children aren't drafted to fight China or a Russia while Joebama, Jillbama, Hunter, Camela, Pelosi, and Hill-dawg go hide safely in a huge underground bunker while the rest of us get nuked to pieces



    Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

  5. #4310
    Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Arkansas
    --
    526
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    I'm STILL trying to get that into my daughters' heads. One is 150 miles away and the other is 275 miles away from us. My son is local (lives in our house... again) and he's more on board with the "just in case" stuff. My youngest daughter started waking up just in the past two years. Both daughters save up food and firearms but are still woefully unprepared so we try to have enough for everyone for at least a few months. I do wish they would take things more seriously because all signs point to upcoming hard times and probably another huge war if not a domestic war, either one or both started by our Fascist Nazi President. So much hateful and violent rhetoric domestically and against other countries. So much inflation, shortages, infrastructure collapse being forecasted. You'd have to be foolish not to heed the possiblity.

    I want no part of a civil war. I just want to hide on the mountain while the village idiots from both far political sides beat the crap out of each other. My preps are to survive the desperate village idiots and have enough food and stuff to get me through until I die and won't have to worry about it anymore. Let the village idiots destroy each other while I shelter my family from the storm. Nothing in DC worth saving outside of the Bill of Rights anyway. We'll be lucky if our children aren't drafted to fight China or a Russia while Joebama, Jillbama, Hunter, Camela, Pelosi, and Hill-dawg go hide safely in a huge underground bunker while the rest of us get nuked to pieces



    Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk
    I watched a couple Doomsday Bunkers episodes a few years back and thought to myself that was all a bunch of overboard crap. Now, I'm not so sure it isn't a good idea. We've stocked up on some necessities and tried to financially put ourselves in a position to weather any bad recession.
    Also learned that protecting yourself from a "zombie apocalypse" does not literally mean "zombies" but rather those that are unprepared and try to lean on you for survival or outright steal your sh!t.

  6. #4311
    Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Arkansas
    --
    526
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    My kids are all grown up. Youngest is 27.

    My daughter's were the worst to let go of. We ended up moving to the same state/town our oldest daughter went to college in to help my wife deal with it. Helicopter parents? Yes.

    I kind of went overboard with the protective dad thing

    ........

    You know what they say about a dad having boys and girls?
    With boys, you only have to worry about one of 'em.
    With girls, you have to worry about all of 'em.

  7. #4312
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Arkansas
    --
    1,953
    Getting a little kayak time in.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BearLakeKayak - Copy.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	157.7 KB 
ID:	269838
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BearLakeParking - Copy.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	177.9 KB 
ID:	269839



    I was cleaning out the glovebox and found the bill of sale when I bought this truck...11 years ago. It's been a while and a good bit of traveling the country since I've seen that. The one part of the truck I don't mess with too much.
    Last edited by ATC King; 09-11-2022 at 09:15 PM.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

  8. #4313
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Arkansas
    --
    1,953
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MrBill (1).jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	184.3 KB 
ID:	269897

    It's fitting he's with the dog chew toys.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

  9. #4314
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    East of Worcester ma
    --
    1,281
    Cooler weather is near- so i called the boss (me) Taking the day off to cruise the streets, supposed to hit about 75* today/perfect. hmmm destination--- nope just ride. Have a great day guys.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #4315
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    --
    1,569
    Nice Shep

    Been dreaming about one of these lately

    And for 2023....a little more off road prowess.



    Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

  11. #4316
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Arkansas
    --
    1,953
    Settling in back home. Man, I missed the Arkansas forests so much.

    I've been starting the trikes for the first time in months. Easy to do when stored with fresh fuel treated with stabilizer. It always makes me grin when they fire up from hibernation with just a few pulls on the rope. I think they still have $3 gas in them though. It's going to cost more to fill them back up now.

    Got a new addition, an ALT50. I sprayed some fuel in and it runs. It'll be a slow lane project, just keeping an eye out for good deals on the parts I need.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

  12. #4317
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    --
    1,569
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC King View Post
    Settling in back home. Man, I missed the Arkansas forests so much.

    I've been starting the trikes for the first time in months. Easy to do when stored with fresh fuel treated with stabilizer.
    Sta-bil is a God send for us who neglect things for months (sometimes years) at a time.

    Sent from my SM-S111DL using Tapatalk

  13. #4318
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    East of Worcester ma
    --
    1,281
    Good looking bike knappy, personally i've been eyeing the ktm duke 390 (maybe someday) just wish it had spoked rims instead of cast aluminum- due to i'd like on/off road tires and i hear cast are brittle off pavement.
    Anyway in other news......
    my oldest son AJ brought this jeep home the other night he's been on the lookout for a while, 2000 jeep wrangler 6 cyl that at some point in its life got a lift/tires and suspension work done. 105,000 miles actually in decent shape. Plan is to remove some and rewire the rats nest of mickey moused wires it has. Its hard to find these things without cracked frames or major rust issues but he found one (yes surface rust underneath) but not bad.
    Must be nice to be young and have deep pockets!!! says he paid $5,500 everything mechanically jeep wise seems fine.
    Told him "buy toys now" because life will change fast when a woman gets involved




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #4319
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    indiana
    --
    879
    Destroyed the clutch in my rzr on a trip with the wife, just got it apart and ordered a new set up, 1600$ clutch for the drag car was only a grand. Oh well, gotta pay to play

  15. #4320
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Arkansas
    --
    1,953
    I got back in a big truck for the first time in a decade or longer.

    Not too much trouble with the gears but my sensitivity to air brakes needs real improvement.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //