//ArrowChat Code
Page 49 of 306 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you doing today? Thread

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    Was in Vegas with the 200X.
    You took your trike on a road trip to vegas?

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR AND THE ONLY PERSON ON 3WW WITHOUT AN EDIT BUTTON OR A STAR

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    You took your trike on a road tripl:
    Yea.....it went bye bye. I delivered it to its new owner.

Now I'm on the lookout for an R

--
    Yea.....it went bye bye. I delivered it to its new owner.

Now I'm on the lookout for an R
    Man it was a nice one. I was watching the old thread on it. That thing would be gold here. It turned out very nice.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

stoshu is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Getting ready for winter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0286.JPG  

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Well today I went to a storage lien sale and bought this with only 4002 miles. Other than the some minor damage on the left side engine cowling and a lot of dust, it looks nearly new.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR AND THE ONLY PERSON ON 3WW WITHOUT AN EDIT BUTTON OR A STAR

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Well today I went to a storage lien sale and bought this with only 4002 miles. Other than the some minor damage on the left side engine cowling and a lot of dust, it looks nearly new.

When you bid on the storage unit did you yell 'YUUUP'?

I am sure it is in different in each state but can you transfer the title over without much trouble?
    I had always thought on something like that would require you to go back to the owner and then they are entitled to it if they pay the lien.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by arky-x View Post
    when you bid on the storage unit did you yell 'yuuup'? I am sure it is in different in each state but can you transfer the title over without much trouble? I had always thought on something like that would require you to go back to the owner and then they are entitled to it if they pay the lien.
    They bike was advertised in a small local newspaper by the facility prior to the sale, then they opened the storage unit at the time of the sale so people can inspect it prior to bidding. There is a 10 day waiting period after a vehicle lien sale in California for someone to try and claim it, but basically, in reality, nobody can really claim it during that time frame, so once it sells, it is pretty much guaranteed to go thru and after 10 days it is definitely the new buyers.

I can transfer it to a new buyer with the lien sale paperwork only and they can get a new title with that in California. I don't know if other states will accept lien sale paperwork from other states. Past registration fees and penalties follow all vehicles in California so one needs to find out how much fees are due of any before they buy as they can get into the thousands of dollars in this corrupted state. If the vehicle is 15 years old or older, one can easily get a registration in Vermont which is recognized in every state as the legal ownership papers. This bypasses California's basically illegal back registration fees and penalties.

Here's the less dusty side.

--
    Past registration fees and penalties follow all vehicles in California so one needs to find out how much fees are due of any before they buy as they can get into the thousands of dollars in this corrupted state.
    How far back are the tags?

Even at the max 3 years that little bugger shouldn't be more than $700-$800 dollars?.......with a little fudging on the sale price.......maybe less no?

--
    How far back are the tags?

Even at the max 3 years that little bugger shouldn't be more than $700-$800 dollars?.......with a little fudging on the sale price.......maybe less no?
    The tags are around 1 year and 4 months out and the back fees are $390.00. This does not include new registration. Sales price has no affect on past due fees. It only affects tax and new registration fees when a vehicle is transferred, however, criminal california's minimum registration fee on any car or truck is now right around $115.00 irregardless of sales price. I don't know what it is for motorcycles. I just paid over $100.00 in back fees for one of my cars that was only 5 weeks out of registration.

When I was in Arizona several years ago it cost me a whopping $32.00 for new plates and registration for my $90,000.00 1970 BOSS302.

--
    The registration for my lincoln with vermont plates is only around $20.00 a year. California wanted around $3200.00 in back fees for that. Guess what...fk them.

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Thx barnett. I've run across some vehicles before where I thought I could have made a $ but steered clear when I heard of the story behind it (hasn't been registered in years, no title, owner sold it to me but I never transferred the title, etc.)

--
    Well today I found the cheapest supplier of aluminum I have seen lately. They are on Ebay and also sell direct. Here's their info for anyone that might need something. They also have an Ebay store with over 2,000 items.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-4-x-10-x-...oAAOSwYaFWfBWz

"Stoner Tools and Raw Materials Specializes in Aluminum, Brass, Copper in Round Rod, Flat Bar, Hex bar And More AT Great Prices.email- pstoner@comcast.net 3915 Van Teylingen Dr. Colorado Springs, CO 80917 (719)-629-9525."

This is the T651 plate I plan to order tomorrow for my 86 swingarm to adapt to the 84/85 TECATE...The Most Powerful 250cc 3 Wheeler In The Universe!

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    That's odd. With a name like Stoner, one would expect high prices.

6bt is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    The registration for my lincoln with vermont plates is only around $20.00 a year. California wanted around $3200.00 in back fees for that. Guess what...fk them.

Wow I guess NY isn't that bad..

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

--
    Nail straightening, now that's something you don't see very much of! I have built so much stuff from discarded nails and screws, scrapped lots more!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //