//ArrowChat Code
Page 296 of 308 FirstFirst ... 196 246 286 294 295 296 297 298 306 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,440 of 4608

Thread: What are you doing today? Thread

--
    Quote Originally Posted by rpeters View Post
    Hey, what's up. Where the hell did everybody go, this thread used to get a couple posts a day?

It is a bit tricky buying any brand of police bike unless you can test ride it. I have had around 7 of the air cooled (2013 and earlier) bmw models, and only had an issue with one, which turned out to be a bad drive shaft causing it to feel like the clutch was slipping, so i took it to the dealer because the bike has to literally be split in half on the 2013 and earlier models, and the mechanic diagnosed it as being a bad clutch, so he replaced the clutch and it did the exact same thing, so i took it back and they told me it was actually the driveshaft that was slipping because it is a 2 piece shaft and one end is pressed into a rubber drive gear. which of course strips out with so much hp, weight, and abuse, so they refunded most of my money on the clutch job. I think the driveshaft problem is on the 2009 and earlier models but not positive.

now for the shorter answer to your question, lol.

They are good bikes as long as you get a low mile one before they get abused too much, like 40k or less which is hard to find. the ones produced after around 2013 have the clutch where it can easily be changed and they are water cooled where they previous ones are not, plus the transmissions were improved, so the best ones are the later ones, but the earlier ones are good as well, just not as good. The 2014 and newer models can easily be identified by looking at the rubber spark plug wire on the valve cover which runs horizontally on those models. it is vertical on the pre 2014 models.

All those bikes torque to the right a little and lift a little under hard acceleration, but its not an issue.

i have a Honda police bike for sale that is nice, and only has 25k miles, and i like those much better.
    Honorable mention KZ1000P

--
    Spent the day today at Marco island Florida (gulf coast) very nice (pricey) though visiting friends. Drove from mass to orlando a few days ago then another 200 or so miles south to marco isle. Its been a great trip so far. My son has a paid externship at a Disney restaurant for a semester (4-months) for college- my wifes gonna loose it on the way home leaving him here.....250miles from home is one thing but 1,300 miles ya thats gonna be hard.

I got pics but figure i'll put a few here when we return home next week.

shep

--
    Dragged the Duck out to the track to scuff up the new rubber. Rained up till 7:00am, track never did dry completely, but it was decent by 11:00.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	87FEC00E-70A9-498D-A40D-06933114FAF7.jpeg 
Views:	23 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	270608

Name:	452B8DD2-51DA-41C1-B9C5-5529DE487DA8.jpeg 
Views:	23 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	270609

Name:	827E569E-30F6-477D-B595-6798E36CA1BD.jpeg 
Views:	19 
Size:	115.2 KB 
ID:	270610
    It sucks to get old

--
    Check out 72 seasons

New Metallica title track.

Pretty friggin good for pushing 60

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Dragged the Duck out to the track to scuff up the new rubber. Rained up till 7:00am, track never did dry completely, but it was decent by 11:00.
    Never get old Mr. Suave.

Unlike you I surrendered to old age and picked up this Escapade trailer for 5 hundy on Offerup. My intention was/is to paint it HD Vivid Black to match my Ultra....and maybe rear lighting more HD style.

But it's so clean and already painted Goldwing SE colors I may look for a used GL1500 to go with it instead. I've never owned GL1500.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    Never get old Mr. Suave.

Unlike you I surrendered to old age and picked up this Escapade trailer for 5 hundy on Offerup. My intention was/is to paint it HD Vivid Black to match my Ultra....and maybe rear lighting more HD style.

But it's so clean and already painted Goldwing SE colors I may look for a used GL1500 to go with it instead. I've never owned GL1500.

Nice trailer. I am a Goldwing fan having owned several including a 1500 which I hated. It was just the wrong size. I'm 6'3 and my knees absolutely banged off the tank at all times. Felt like I was way up high sitting "on it" instead of "in it" which just made it not comfortable for a cruiser. I really think they were built for people who are closer to 5'8 or so.

--
    That’s a fancy unit there! Please be careful with your suspension settings when pulling that thing. A friend of mine ended up in the hospital for about a month when his went into a weave.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Never get old Mr. Suave.

Nice score, here's some info in case you didn't know.

1. The GL 1500 is not a motorcycle, it is a Cadillac Biarritz with 2 wheels missing.
    2. Those white gold wings were pearl, so the trailer should be as well.
    3. Temecula rod run is this weekend.

--
    Nice score, here's some info in case you didn't know.

1. The GL 1500 is not a motorcycle, it is a Cadillac Biarritz with 2 wheels missing.

LOL.... that's what I want!

We can't make it Saturday but will be there tomorrow night for dinner and some cruising. Wife wants to eat at Baileys (gross) and I want to eat at Madeline's.........which means we will probably be eating at Baileys (double gross).

Shad Owe probably remembers my last rig. That trailer pulled so nicely that even fully loaded I didn't even know it was there......but it is half the trailer this Escapade is. I remember one time I rode with a flat for 80 miles and didn't even know I had one! This Escapade has a wishbone type suspension with Progressive Air shocks so I'm hoping for a nice tow.

--

We can't make it Saturday but will be there tomorrow night for dinner and some cruising. Wife wants to eat at Baileys (gross) and I want to eat at Madeline's.........which means we will probably be eating at Baileys (double gross).

Shad Owe probably remembers my last rig. That trailer pulled so nicely that even fully loaded I didn't even know it was there......but it is half the trailer this Escapade is. I remember one time I rode with a flat for 80 miles and didn't even know I had one! This Escapade has a wishbone type suspension with Progressive Air shocks so I'm hoping for a nice tow.

GL1200s are the best.

--

ummm...yeah...can you say "Ghetto"...sure you can.

So now you have the trailer to match your old bike but no longer have your old bike...do i sense a pattern here.

Are you taking the SS to the rod run?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad Owe View Post
    GL1200s are the best.
    You mean like this 1985 model?

I sold one the same color last year.

.................................................. ...

--
    Are you taking the SS to the rod run?
    Yes....should be a solid hour and a half of traffic by the time we hit the road

That 1200s is long gone. There was this one on Ebay in the Bay area for $3500 but I missed it. 1999 and 50K on the odometer.....perfect color match also.

A day late and a dollar short.

--
    Cleaned up some 21 year old power valves today.

Name:	08473F15-DA94-45DC-A467-B08C7081F154.jpeg 
Views:	11 
Size:	249.1 KB 
ID:	270636

Hopefully they’re easer to clean next time.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Firing up the 50 year old Coleman stove for some Memorial day cooking.

Food tastes better on this old rig.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //