//ArrowChat Code
Page 180 of 306 FirstFirst ... 80 130 170 178 179 180 181 182 190 230 280 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 4587

Thread: What are you doing today? Thread

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by DAM shop View Post
    What am I doing??? Thinking about how in the heck to put a motor back together and not have the Dam thing leak. Wth? Any advise from you motor builders?
    What exactly is leaking? My engines never leak.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    What exactly is leaking? My engines never leak.
    Once in a while we get one that holds but generally a case cover will leak. Never at the center cases.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by DAM shop View Post
    Once in a while we get one that holds but generally a case cover will leak. Never at the center cases.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    You should post this on the regular forum.

What sealer, if any, do you usually use on clutch covers etc?

If it's like a clutch cover that's leaking, it could be warped slightly, but you can check that by taping some 400 grit sand paper to a window pane (if you don't have granite counter tops) then clean the gasket surface then color it with a felt pen then spray water on the sand paper and lightly rub the cover on it for a few seconds, then look to see where the felt pen mark was removed. If it is warped you can surface it the same way but with 180 - 220. You can also just put the cover on the window pane and try to slip a .002" feeler gauge under it at maybe 2" intervals.

Even if the cover is warped, it will not leak if you use Toyota FIPG if the sealing surface is perfectly clean. Yamabond #4 seems pretty similar and a lot of people use that as well but I just used it for the first time a week ago so I don't have enough experience with it to give any feedback on it other than you should put it on extremely thin when used on center cases, and still pretty thin when used on clutch covers and other gaskets etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Toyot.../dp/B000EDDTV0

Permatex ultra gray is also xlnt stuff and I use it by itself as an end seal on some V8 intake manifolds where it ends up being around 3/16" but the Toyota FIPG is better for motorcycle stuff.

--
    Thanks Barns and I just reposted in a different forum.

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    Attachment 258576
    Spotted on my way home from work

--
    . Gotta love having the right tools for the job

--
    Quote Originally Posted by HorseMcHorseman View Post
    Attachment 258576
    Spotted on my way home from work
    Looks like someone cleaned that one up!

--
    Yeah i wish I could have got better pictures though. Still a treat to see someone else with a 3 wheeler out in the world

--
    Yeah i wish I could have got better pictures though. Still a treat to see someone else with a 3 wheeler out in the world
    If you haven't been to Trikefest, try to get there. The feeling you get from seeing one is multiplied by hundreds. Its surreal seeing all the trikes and trikers.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    If you haven't been to Trikefest, try to get there. The feeling you get from seeing one is multiplied by hundreds. Its surreal seeing all the trikes and trikers.
    I wish I could go i bet it’s awesome. Maybe by next year I’ll have my own truck.
    We’re going riding today but it’s the wife’s truck and her too many wheeled wheeler

--
    I wish I could go i bet it’s awesome. Maybe by next year I’ll have my own truck.
    We’re going riding today but it’s the wife’s truck and her too many wheeled wheeler
    Every three wheel enthusiast owes it to themself to go at least once in their lifetime. I hope you get the opportunity to do it soon
    It sucks to get old

--
    Well, another race on my 1981 465 and another recycled beer can with the number 1 on it.

This time I beat the points leader in one of my other classes who is at least the 2nd best rider in this class, and who is also 20 years younger than I am. This is the second race and second 1st place I received in the next higher skill level class that I moved up to last week, so to my surprise, I'm doing far better than I expected, especially in such a short time.

I entered 2 races for a total of 4 motos, but I didn't care much about the 1st race I entered and was just using it for practice, so I didn't push too hard in it, although I still ended up getting 2nd. The guy that won is the same guy I beat last week by passing him in a turn just before the finish line, but he has a modern bike with 32" of Cadillac like suspension, and was making time on me today by out jumping me by a fair amount on the 2 biggest jumps, and I had no desire to try to jump as far as he was.

In the race I put all my effort into, I was behind the leader for half the race in the first moto looking for a place in the track that I might be able to pass him, and found a turn where I could probably do it, so I stayed on his rear tire going into this turn, and took the outside which had a berm, and squared it off a little on the exit while he took the inside, and we were side by side exiting the turn, so I pinned it and out accelerated him on the straight and was ahead in the next turn, unfortunately, he got by me a few turns later and ended up winning by only round 10 feet.

After finishing the first moto, I thought I could beat him if I was ahead of him after the start, and if I pushed just a little bit harder from the very start of the race and didn't make any big mistakes, so after the gate dropped, I was 2nd going into the first turn and he was 3rd right behind me, so I simply went faster than I did during the first race against him and didn't make any mistakes, and ended up beating him by around 5 seconds, which was good for me since this is a higher skill level class and I am still trying to figure out how to ride the beast.

My 250 won't be fixed for at least another month at which point I will race them both, and after riding this pig, my 250 should feel like a 125.

This weekend I will be at another race but it will be against modern bikes this time.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    Let us please smell your caca ...........to insure your getting enough iron for the next race...
    Thanks for your concern, "butt" as you may be able to see, I am already using GERITOL, which contains plenty of iron...and aluminum...and plastic...

--
    Back from 2 wks in China
    Pulled 2 rams off dozer for rebuild ( right lift and dump)
    Off w backhoe and flail put on for summer field care

Last edited by plastikosmd; 06-02-2019 at 10:05 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by plastikosmd View Post
    Back from 2 wks in China
    Pulled 2 rams off dozer for rebuild ( right lift and dump)
    Odd w backhoe and flail put on for summer field care

Man! You've got some great toys. What took you to China?

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //