Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 4587

Thread: What are you doing today? Thread

--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6EE06129-5919-4F14-89ED-93158FCD3A9E.jpeg 
Views:	11 
Size:	312.1 KB 
ID:	270199

Our local BMW shops Sponsored a “dominance” course today. Sounds kinky in English, which may or may not have influenced my decision to attend, but it turned out to be all about low speed riding. Not a bad thing given I haven’t taken a bike course since 1984 when I got my license.

We were told there would be a timed slalom race at the end with one year worth of bragging rights on the line. 37 participants in total. Every tipped cone, foot touching the ground and stall adds seconds to your overall time, but when you enter the last section you have to drive as slow as possible and the clock runs backwards and shaves seconds off the time you accumulated in the slalom.

Had a blast and went home with a years worth of bragging rights. My buddy was runner up, not bad for what turned out to be the two oldest guys there.

Name:	CD762E12-998F-498E-B93D-F07E60F031A1.jpeg 
Views:	13 
Size:	333.1 KB 
ID:	270198
    Last edited by El Camexican; 01-14-2023 at 07:51 PM.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    Going to start some online courses in a few minutes to help me pass my amateur radio (HAM) FCC licensing tests.

Seems like a handy thing to have as far as self-sufficiency and preparedness is concerned
    Nice. Another valuable skill set you're adding there.

If you get anything set up where you can make some waves I may be able to hear some of that while driving. Skips have been super annoying here lately, just because it's mostly a bunch of goober heads blowing up 19 with nonsense.

My truck radio has other bands and frequencies I can use to pull in more amateur chatter and I'll occasionally do that when I'm not on the CB channels.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Nice purchase, I wanted a GS A, but when you get 7-8 months of good riding, I couldn't justify 25 grand (then)

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 90nut View Post
    Nice purchase, I wanted a GS A, but when you get 7-8 months of good riding, I couldn't justify 25 grand (then)
    Price tag on new bikes is insane, I paid a little over half of what a new one would’ve cost (16,000 miles on it). No way I drive enough to justify the price of a new one. Good news is that the horizontal twins in the GS bikes last forever and then some. Your biggest risk buying a used one is the shaft drive. My understanding is that there were a few recalls, but if you fall out of that range you could end up on the hook for a pretty big repair bill. So if you can find a used one that has a good shaft drive assembly and less than 30,000 miles you’ll probably have a bike that will last you the rest of your life for under 15k.
    It sucks to get old

--
    I ended up buying a new in crate, but last years model, super tenere. Been great so far. My old k series bmw had close to 300k on it when I got rid of it. Fantastic unit

--
    Got the plow installed on the 84 big red. Needed to fabricate mounting hardware.
    This was my “beater” machine, maybe it it time for some TLC

Need a choke cable and parts, left rear brake (handle and cable, front rack, muffler)

--
    Nicely done! Might need a big tote full of sand for traction and air the tires way down.....or use chains?
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

--
    Probably, just wanted for fun
    Anytime I get to use a trike, it is a great day

--
    I hope everyone is doing well.

A bit of a downer but a local person was killed a couple days ago and someone he worked with had a part in it, but not intentionally.

The guy just got off work and was going through the first traffic light on his motorcycle when his hat blew off. He parked the bike on the side of the road and went to get his hat. It ended up that three vehicles leaving his workplace ran him over. The guy was in his 40's.

I know it doesn't make sense, but it happened. Maybe the guy was tired because he just got off work and the same with the other people. It was also early morning and dark. It had been raining but it wasn't a downpour, the roads were wet.

I don't work there but I work in there and have off-and-on for several years. It's the kind of place that has one of those big 'Days Worked' signs out front, y'all know, without an accident. People have been killed there and many more injured but I don't know if they'll count this one. I doubt it because it happened 50 feet from the entrance/exit. It's a bit of a small area here and I already know several people who knew the guy. I didn't personally.

One of the drivers who ran him over was recently in a crash where his daughter was killed (it's more gory than that but I wont go into it). He was also a coworker and from what I know, their wives were close friends.

A bad part about the whole thing is how lazy, inept, ignorant, and unprofessional many of the local news outlets are. They used words like 'pedestrian' and 'fast lane', as though it was some unworthy person who got into car driver's way and deserved what he got.

Besides, pedestrians always have the right-of-way, by law. That, and where it happened wasn't interstate or even divided highway, it was in city limits and a 45mph zone. Fast lane my a...

Current US journalism is at a low point. It's lower than yellow, it's dookie brown.

I've been all over this country on a motorcycle, car, truck, 18-wheeler, bicycle, and even hitchhiked a little. The highways are super dangerous. Please take driving serious as life and death, both as defense and offense.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Ugh
    So pointless

--
    So it was like 70 degrees today. I was feeling better so an adventure to pick up a “300lb” split drum lawn roller. (25$)

After lightly rolling it onto my toe, I decided to check the weight.

440lbs

It worked well and the split drum is great for turning

Now I can fix the field when I traverse it too early in the spring

--

Name:	170347.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	183.0 KB 
ID:	270438

Well. I have not posted in a long time. 5 of us have a sled trip coming up. Weather has been up and down and a very mild winter. We are trailering our sleds 6 hours north for some good snow. Rented a cottage.
    Sudbury Ont. Canada EH
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Canadian View Post

Name:	170347.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	183.0 KB 
ID:	270438

Well. I have not posted in a long time. 5 of us have a sled trip coming up. Weather has been up and down and a very mild winter. We are trailering our sleds 6 hours north for some good snow. Rented a cottage.
    Sudbury Ont. Canada EH
    Nice seeing the screen name back Rob.....hope all is well

--
    Today I am doing…………………………………………..NOTHING!

Did something to the calf muscle on my right side leg. Been laying in bed for two days praying I’ll be able to kickstart a bike again one day. I wish I’d broken a bone instead, I know they heal, torn muscles not so much.

Good to see you here again Rob!
    It sucks to get old

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //