//ArrowChat Code
Page 181 of 308 FirstFirst ... 81 131 171 179 180 181 182 183 191 231 281 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 4609

Thread: What are you doing today? Thread

--
    Sorry about the spelling mistake, autocorrect

Should have read “off w the backhoe..”

China-Surgery mostly, some lectures/ teaching at two “small” 4000 bed hospitals
    Last edited by plastikosmd; 06-02-2019 at 10:06 PM.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Another barnett468 race report.
    Today I went to another race and got another another piece of colored surfboard foam with the number 1 on it for my effort.

I raced 2 classes with 2 motos each. These races were against all newer bikes and I had the only vintage bike there. One race was my regular class with this club and the other was against a younger age group that I race in just to get more practice. I ended up beating half the people in the younger class so I considered that decent.

4 MOTOS AND 4 HOLE SHOTS

I was fortunate enough to pull off 4 straight hole shots, but it got even better (and kind of amusing). There were 16 people on the gate in the race with the younger people that I was in, and after my first moto of that race, I walked over to the sign up booth where they post the results, and when I got there I was rudely confronted a person that was in my race who was whining about how I ride, and he claimed that I cut him off in the first turn and nearly ran into his front tire in the process. He then curtly told me to try and stay in my line better so it won't happen again.

During his little hissy fit I was laughing to myself cuz it was blatantly obvious to me that this clown didn't know how to ride in close quarters and was basically just unhappy that I got the hole shot on my ratty looking 38 year old bike instead of him on his fancy new $10,000 bike. After he stopped driveling on, I told him that I didn't drift off my line and that the line I took was exactly the line I wanted to take, and that I did not try to cut him off intentionally and couldn't have cut him off intentionally even if I wanted to because I couldn't see him because HE WAS BEHIND ME. After this he simply turned around and skulked off.

When I went to line up for the second moto of this race, the whiner was on the left side of the gate where I like to line up for this track, so I was going to line up right next to him on his right side but the concrete starting pad in that spot was full of dirt, so I asked someone to sweep it off for me because I couldn't turn my bike off, which someone did, I then pulled up right next to "missy", and the lil beatch looked at me then started shaking his head as if he thought it would bother me, so I then thought, this start may be fkng hilarious (for me at least).

When they got ready to drop the gate, I put the 465 in 3rd gear (as I had been doing all along) and nailed it when the gate dropped, and this clown was with me for around 50 feet and was 2" away from my bike trying to intimidate me and push me off to the right a little so he could have a decent line in the turn at the end of the straight, but I not only did not move over, after around 50 more feet I was well clear of him, so I drifted directly into his line so he couldn't possibly pass me on the inside in that turn, and after the second turn I had around a 20 foot lead over 2nd place (which was not him).

When I went to get my trophy after this race, my new friend was at the sign up booth again, but this time he just turned around and walked off without saying a word when he saw me.

Anyway, now for the race with my own age group. There is not much to tell other than I hole shot both motos and surprisingly pulled out a massive lead in both of them and led both of them wire to wire for the win.

--
    Working on the HD today....thought I had a leak on the input shafts only to find it was probably from the o ring on the starter. It seems like a whole lot of work to discover the leak.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190603_141948.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	258752

Name:	20190603_142439.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	2.69 MB 
ID:	258753

--
    Watching water go down. Real exciting. Good way to test out fall pipe I guess
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20190605_163703.jpg  

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    today....thought I had a leak on the input shafts...
    You might consider seeing a doctor for this condition.

--
    Took both the kids out for a spin to lube the internals today. As usual the black one had to be fussy and pissed fuel all over the floor when I turned the peacock on, but ran well afterwards.

Name:	8190B321-5FF3-4D8A-A4D1-57E2DF51AA74.jpeg 
Size:	2.84 MB 
ID:	259161
    Last edited by El Camexican; 06-30-2019 at 11:33 PM.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Not only am I jealous of your rides I'm jealous of your garage!

Mine looks like an episode of Hoarders!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    Not only am I jealous of your rides I'm jealous of your garage!

Mine looks like an episode of Hoarders!
    I work hard at keeping that area clear. Wife H.A.T.E.S. bikes, I can’t risk having them be blamed for her having to walk an extra step to get into her car, or the “you have too many stupid bikes” speech starts getting recited.

Built her this, helped a lot.

Name:	42D2CBD7-8E66-4D41-BFD7-5C93476DDF95.jpeg 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	259162
    It sucks to get old

--
    ANOTHER BRIEF BARNETT468 RACE REPORT FROM LAST SUNDAY

Raced 2 classes (4 motos) against newer bikes again using the second class to get more practice.

I pulled off 4 more hole shots, making it 9 hole shots in a row with this bike and 10 hole shots total with it, with 9 of them being against newer bikes, and all of them being with a heavily worn rear tire, so I'm quite happy with my starts and extremely amused that these guys with the newer bikes can't beat me to the first turn, and also that it pisses some of them off. Oh well, maybe they should just dump their fancy azz new bike and buy a 38 year old one if they want to have a chance of getting to the first turn around the same time I do...or maybe they should simply learn how to start.

As far as my regular class goes, I finished 2nd in both motos, however, when I went to get my trophy, they gave me one for 1st place and told me that the guy that got 1st lapped everyone except me, so they disqualified him and moved him up to the expert class for the next race.

They watered the track just before my second moto (which was a practice race for me) and on the first lap, my front wheel washed out in the whoop section even though I as going a little slower than before because of the wet track and my front end washed out and I slammed into the ground and my head hit it so friggen hard I was dizzy for a minute and I also smashed a few of my body parts, and my right shoulder is still purple from the crash. Since I got the hole shot, I also fell down in front of all FIFTEEN of the other riders, all of whom seemed to use my bike for traction cuz the seat had several tire marks on it and the rear frame section was bent more than an inch to one side.

I took the bike to my friends house a few days ago and we straightened it there with the help of one other person, so now it is not bent any more than it was when I bought it. I went to Perris Raceway to practice today, and with the exception of the heavily worn rear tire, the bike seemed fine and practice went very well. This is one of the two main tracks the big vintage club I race with uses, so I want to get as dialed in on it as I can so I can hopefully do decent there against the reigning open class expert. I was in front of him in one moto at the last race there for half the race and he wasn't gaining on me, but I crashed while I was in second place when I stupidly tried a different line in one corner to try and make up some time on the leader. I was in front of him again in the second moto but I was tired and therefore wasn't going quite as fast as I was in the first moto and he got by me but he didn't pull away from me very fast, so I think I can stay with him for a while at least now.
    As far as the worn out tires go, I am going to send a brief tire test report to Hoosier as they requested, and if I'm lucky they will send me another set.

Fourth of July in 4 more days. Hope everyone has a safe and fun one.

--
    POST CORRECTION CUZ I STILL AINT GOTZ NO EDIT BUTTUN

"...my front wheel washed out in the whoop section even though I as going a little slower than before because of the wet track and my front end washed out..."

Should read:

Well, it's pretty easy to figure out what it should read, lol.

--
    Put my lamp up before it’s even done:

Found it a couple months ago, right here:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    So I installed this skylight (have installed many over the yrs) last week and there’s no way it was going to leak, flashing/rubber membrain a little roof cement just to be sure..... well I get a call sunday (yesterday) homeowner says theres a lot a water coming in and dripping onto there floor (short downpour)
    Today I head over first thing inspect all flashing and close the skylight grab a hose and soak this sucker from outside, NO LEAKS.... I head inside and spoke with the homeowner and he says “well you sprayed water on it CLOSED.
    So wait a minute he wants to know why it leaks water through an open skylight when it’s open??????
    I sooo give up......welcome to my Monday.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5DE4DD0D-C71D-4CB1-85F6-2E9A331BCDF3.jpeg 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	259172

Shep

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep1970 View Post
    Today I head over first thing inspect all flashing and close the skylight grab a hose and soak this sucker from outside, NO LEAKS.... I head inside and spoke with the homeowner and he says “well you sprayed water on it CLOSED. So wait a minute he wants to know why it leaks water through an open skylight when it’s open??????
    Sadly, the process of natural selection works too slowly in many cases, and unfortunately, it is frowned upon by most states for one to artificially speed up the process.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    "Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep1970 View Post
    So I installed this skylight (have installed many over the yrs) last week and there’s no way it was going to leak, flashing/rubber membrain a little roof cement just to be sure..... well I get a call sunday (yesterday) homeowner says theres a lot a water coming in and dripping onto there floor (short downpour)
    Today I head over first thing inspect all flashing and close the skylight grab a hose and soak this sucker from outside, NO LEAKS.... I head inside and spoke with the homeowner and he says “well you sprayed water on it CLOSED.
    So wait a minute he wants to know why it leaks water through an open skylight when it’s open??????
    I sooo give up......welcome to my Monday.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5DE4DD0D-C71D-4CB1-85F6-2E9A331BCDF3.jpeg 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	259172

Shep
    I thought a skylight went on the roof, not the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //