//ArrowChat Code
Page 248 of 306 FirstFirst ... 148 198 238 246 247 248 249 250 258 298 ... LastLast
Results 3,706 to 3,720 of 4587

Thread: What are you doing today? Thread

--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	240F65E3-255C-4BD5-8231-ECA294DE74B6.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	267168
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ADFB15E1-CDA5-463E-B984-1094AC34DE3F.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	267169
    Sharing this unique piece of creative advertisement with you all
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    Guidance counselor said I was going to be a ditch digger...guess she was right! Just a little rock gully to divert water from washing away mulch in a playground at a YMCA. I dont think it will fully divert, but I didn't engineer this wheel, I just had to build to their specs. And yes! Another sideways picture from the guy who never thinks about landscape shots! I guess there is a reason I'm an operator and not a photographer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20210324_170632.jpg  

--
    I kicked a dog hard enough it made my foot tingle for a bit.

Hopefully that's the last motorcycle it runs out into the road to chase. If not and it injures or kills a rider, I also hope the owners get sued into the poor house.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    I hear u 90nut

My mother apparently ran into my second grade teacher a few months back. The second grade teacher was surprised as to what I was doing, commenting that she never thought I was going to amount to much LOL
    I wonder what I was like back then, I remember the fights but that is about it

--
    Quote Originally Posted by plastikosmd View Post
    I hear u 90nut

My mother apparently ran into my second grade teacher a few months back. The second grade teacher was surprised as to what I was doing, commenting that she never thought I was going to amount to much LOL
    I wonder what I was like back then, I remember the fights but that is about it
    That’s hilarious.

My folks have run into a number of my old school teachers over the years. You’d think after all this time they’d just say hi and move on, but for some reason the teachers always took the time to brag on my brother and sister and then went out of their way to point out what a slacker I was in comparison. Not saying it wasn’t true, but really, why go there? God I hated skool.
    It sucks to get old

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

What are you doing today? Thread

Here's my 1970 Nordic 399.

This next sled is super, super rare in this configuration. This is the opposed twin y'all were talking about that fires both cylinders at the same time, but it's got a crazy factory race kit on it which is unobtainium. The kit was recalled by Johnson after it was issued, so very few examples exist. Some of this particular kit had to be re-manufactured in order to complete the kit. The kit included the stuff to widen the skis, expansion chambers, I think a special clutch and carburetor? I'm going by memory of what the owner told me. Yes, you had to cut open the sled yourself in order to accommodate the widened stance and expansion chambers. Make sure you take notice of the chambers peeking through the hood, then one of them taking up space on the right side running board. It's a work of art.

There's a specific part of the clutch that's used to adjust it, like a shaft that sticks out of the center of it. You can see it in the second picture. This guy needed that part. He goes into some other dude's shed one day on an unrelated transaction, and the guy had that exact part hanging on the wall of his shed. A part of which there are hardly any other examples globally, and he walks in a random guy's shed and there hangs one on the wall. The odds of that are absolutely astronomical.

The guy who owns this is super cool. He's at one of those houses you always gawk at as you pass because they've always got some kind of machine out. He does small engine repair out of his residential garage and there were always Gravelys and stuff out there, but nothing usually to get bonered up about. Well the day I drove past there and saw this machine out there I immediately turned around and went back to introduce myself and find out what this was and who made it.

So I made a friend and found out about this crazy machine.

Last edited by fabiodriven; 03-26-2021 at 02:28 AM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Love both of those fabs
    I would love to own a retro beast like those one day

--
    ^^ Wow fabio those are awesome examples of a simpler way of life with a few twists. What a rare gem that sled is. Wonder if any of those kits survived in Canada?
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by plastikosmd View Post
    Love both of those fabs
    I would love to own a retro beast like those one day
    Dude vintage sleds are actually pretty cheap!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    ^ I hear u, just hoping the project pile slows down. 1-2 like those done already would be nice

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 90nut View Post
    Guidance counselor said I was going to be a ditch digger...guess she was right! Just a little rock gully to divert water from washing away mulch in a playground at a YMCA. I dont think it will fully divert, but I didn't engineer this wheel, I just had to build to their specs. And yes! Another sideways picture from the guy who never thinks about landscape shots! I guess there is a reason I'm an operator and not a photographer.
    I had a clean out installed on my main and I couldn't believe what they charged. All I could think about while writing the check was..."how come everyone says don't be a ditch digger?...they were making like $400 an hour digging!

Next time if it's non-emergency I'm going to be doing the digging

--
    I always used to laugh at the teachers saying things like "well you can always flip burgers" or "the world needs ditch diggers"... One guy i went to school with barely graduated, he owns his own tiling company now days, technically not a ditch digger but he diverts the water to the ditches, and he makes more money then most of my graduating class. As for the burger flippers, there was a gal in my class that always floated above failing, we had a real A-Hole of a english teacher that always used to say you can always flip burgers instead of college... Well she owns her own franchise burger joint now, Covid didn't even hurt her, she went to doing curbside pickup and home delivery, still covered the bills without a government bailout. The teacher that teased her by the way retired and barely keeps his bills paid and nearly lost his house a few times to foreclosure... I always laugh when i drive by his place, looks like a crack house now. Karma maybe?

I'm a guy thats held a lot of jobs over the years, finally settled into my own business and work from home these days, but man i have done it all, from farming to various labor industries, manufacturing, fabrication, you name it probably did it, including ditch work. I don't regret it one bit, its been a fun experience this past 43 years...

Today, replacing the Carlisle Turfbusters on my 84 200ES finally, got some tires a month ago, just hadn't had time to get them on. New Deestone 930's in the back and knobby up front. Now that she don't push a snow plow anymore no need for those heavy rock hard Carlisle tires, i will say though, if you need a Honda to have a good load capacity and want tires that stand up to the abuse of tire chains and spinning a lot on asphalt and concrete those old Carlisle tires can't be beat for their price and durability. For all other reasons to buy them they suck!! LOL... Heavy, stiff tires they are... I won't miss them.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    1984 Honda ATC200ES "Big Red"
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"
    1988 TRX300FW "Project Quad" Still in progress....

--
    I’m “digging” these teacher stories.

I disliked (most) of my teachers so much I married one. Now I can get revenge at will
    It sucks to get old

--
    ^ha

Playing the long game I see

--
    John, your Nordic looked to be in nice shape! That Johnson out in Ohio, or was it when you lived in MASS? I only ask because there is a collector in MASS that has one that looks identical to the pictures you posted.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //