//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Wrapped up one winter project

6bt is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Wrapped up one winter project

Got this as a non running project bike last fall. Bought/traded it from my girlfriends neighbor and imported it into the US.

New fuse box, some wiring, battery, petcock, air filter and carb cleaning. Fairings and tank still need work but she's turn key and rideable! 1988 RZ350

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

--
    Nice! My first street bike was an 81 RD, I'd love to have another.

--
    Fun bike for sure. Road with a bunch of guy's that had 2 strokes. RD350's, RZ350's , RZ500 and a guy with a 500 Gamma.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    One of those 500's is on my someday bucket list.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 6bt View Post
    One of those 500's is on my someday bucket list.

Good luck finding one that's not trashed, or priced like it has solid gold pistons.

--
    I know. May have to settle for a h2 750. I think the 500's in decent shape are $15k plus. Not sure I'd want to restore one given the scarcity. Lucky for me I work a lot, drive beaters and have a cheap house.... Lol.

--
    I know. May have to settle for a h2 750. I think the 500's in decent shape are $15k plus. Not sure I'd want to restore one given the scarcity. Lucky for me I work a lot, drive beaters and have a cheap house.... Lol.

A nice RZ was getting 12K last I saw. An original RG would be worth at least 18K and up, I've seen 26K for a low mileage Walter Wolf edition. As much as I miss my RZ500 and always wanted an RG the newer stuff blows both away in every category except "cool". Full rebuild maintenance on the Yamaha was around 24,000km and the Suzuki was even less, a lot less! Most RG's broke a trans or scuffed a cylinder before they were two years old. Not good for a street bike and suspension has advanced light years since those bikes were new.

--

If I were to dump good money on a yamaha of this type I would go with the Daytona Special. Much cheaper than an RZ500 and way more of a rush than the RZ350.

I've never owned the 500 but I have the DS 400 and RZ. You thought the RZ was banshee'ish but it wasn't......that was my dissapointment.

But I'm old and fat now so screw them both..........I'll take one of my Wings or a bagger any day of the week.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Sick bike! That's a great score dude! I passed on the opportunity for a very affordable RZ500 just a few short years ago. It was in really good shape and it was cheap. Like 2-3 grand cheap. I've been kicking myself for a very long time over that one.

Are your pipes factory on that 350? If so, make sure there are no catalytic converters in there. If so, knock that crap right outta there!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    I'd be kicking myself too over a rz500!! Similar story...A neighbor had a h2 kawi 750 when I was a teenager sitting in a barn...Sold it for $300. Still kicking myself over that one.

Factory pipes on the RZ. No catalysts in them, but that was only for bikes not in the US, I bought mine in Ontario. Still going to replace them with something else though.. way too quiet!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //