//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Big Red front suspension solution

--

Big Red front suspension solution

Now that i just kicked my bosses ..s,i found the time for something real,haha.
    Took all the old stuff and tried something that was going a long time through my mind:
    short roundup:

-early Honda CX500 33mm fork tubes.
    -upper tubes and springs cut about 5 inches.
    -upper part welded shut,oil filled in from the bottom(of course before installation)
    -homebrew brake anker,simple flat steel

The ride is like night and day.Now i can run full throttle nearly all the time.just went over a rough field full 50mph.No more painful rattling my teeth out,great.Riding position also much more relaxing.The steering got much more direct,gone is the "power steering" feeling.Slow speed manovers are harder of course but hi speed stability and road feel is excellent.It feels pretty much like an x model now in the front.
    Now it time for a 27 inch bear claw in the front too.

Olli
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P3201002.JPG   P3201003.JPG   P3201004.jpg  

--
    Oh yeah:
    A lot of the postive (for me) effect comes from the weight distrbution,i think.Its not so freaking front heavy anymore.
    And now that the wheel centers under the fork,that has the same effect like on car.
    First try that thing looked like a harley chopper,so i guess it was 5 inches i cut over all.Also do not compress the cx500 springs before you wled the top shut!
    Thing was hard as a rock,lol
    Cutting the springs just level with chrome tubes does the trick.
    The front tire,that looks so small now is a 25 incher,which was close fit before the mod.
    Thanks,
    Olli
    Last edited by lincolnolli; 03-20-2017 at 11:40 AM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //