//ArrowChat Code

Thread: My first trip to Glamis

DDQ is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

My first trip to Glamis

It took a year of planning but I finally made the road trip to Glamis. I left eastern North Carolina on Sunday and drove to Bardstown, KY to pick up my co pilot. We slept at his house and left Monday morning for Fort Worth,Texas. We almost made it there before we lost two trailer tires on my single axle trailer. We got that fixed, slept in TX then drove straight to Glamis where we met some friends, one of who let us stay in histoy hauler for the next 6 days. It was a BLAST! I ran out of gas twice. I spent the whole trip searching for a 'big jump'. I never found a big one but I found a medium sized jump big enough to crash on the morning of our final day. Helmt cam footage is in the video I made. I can't wait to go back. BTW, in addition to the banshees, spare tires and beer I still found room for my atc70..

Skip to 14:35 for the crash

https://youtu.be/qVBjQArSZeY

--

--
    Nice!!! Great air on the shee. too bad that bush knocked out the stem. How much damage?

Also, with that kind of air....are you using +2 forward a arms and a minus swinger?
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Damage is bent rear wheel, bent stem and bent frame where the stem mounts.

+2+1 a-arms and a stock length swingarm. I just switched from -1.5 back to stock.

The longer swingarm provides a more predictable balance in the air but it is more noticeable on the metal ramps than natural terrain..

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DDQ View Post
    Damage is bent rear wheel, bent stem and bent frame where the stem mounts.

+2+1 a-arms and a stock length swingarm. I just switched from -1.5 back to stock.

The longer swingarm provides a more predictable balance in the air but it is more noticeable on the metal ramps than natural terrain..
    Very nice. That's the exact same set up I am putting on my shee right now. your motor seems a little peppier...is it a 4mil?
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    It is a 4 mil stock cylinder ported for the PT mid range pipes.

--
    DDQ very nice video of your memorable trip to the Sand Capital of the World. Watching it bought back memories of my President weekend too. Had joined my son and his group on Thursday after having sent the earlier days and weekend at Dune Buggy Flats for this years Invasion. Could see you had good riding sand before the wind an rain came on Saturday with wet sand for your crash. I too saw the guy on the 3 wheeler hardtail at the drags, we had to be close bye each other when the video was taken, OH he was an amputee during wheelees for some long distances. Glad too see you made it to many favorite destinations Oldsmobile, the Wall, Drags and the new Swingset.

"HJ" oldfogey.jpg
    ’84 YT60
    ’85 350x (423cc) with ’81 XL500 head conversion
    ’83 XR500 (628cc) converted 3 Wheel hybrid
    ’73 CB750 K3 converted 3 Wheel hybrid
    ’86 TRX250R chassis XR650L engine hybrid
    ’89 TRX250R (stock )
    ’90 LT500 Quadzilla
    ’85 FL350 Odysses ( water cooled head )
    Lost (sold) but not forgotten ’80 ATC 110 (205cc on alcohol ) ’83 200x ( 222cc ) ’83 200x ( 185s eng ) ’85 350x ( stock )
    added to the collection recently, (2) '70 US90 Aquarius Blue and '74 ATC90 Daytona Orange

--
    Nice video. It really is a special place.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //